• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Corners

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Both Mauville City in RSE and Celadon City in FRLG had Game Corners. Both had slot machines although the former had a roulette table too. Which Game Corner did you prefer out of the two in Gen 3? Did you play the games in the Game Corners often?

I didn't like the roulette game in Mauville's Game Corner since it seemed to have very bad odds of winning and poor payout compared to the slot machines.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I preferred the Game Corner from R/S/E since the roulette was a nice addition. I'll admit that I had pretty bad luck while playing it, but it was a nice change of pace from the usual slot machines. I just wish that the Game Corner from R/S/E had offered Pokemon as prizes.

MockingJ

Banned
I liked the Kanto Game Corner because it was simple and you could even find free coins when you first went there. But it sucks that getting the Coin Case in those games is so hard.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I'll go with the Mauville one, since I really liked its music theme.

I also liked R/S/E's Game Corner's music, which was catchier than the music from the Game Corner in FireRed and LeafGreen. That said, I was always annoyed by the Reel Time slot machine feature that had that special Pikachu animation in R/S/E since it never worked for me and only irritated me each time it happened.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I actually enjoyed the roulette game and the animations of Pikachu watching tv during the slots mini game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
I actually enjoyed the roulette game and the animations of Pikachu watching tv during the slots mini game.

I thought that the animation itself looked cool, it's just that I could never get any number other than zero when that animation would pop up. I didn't even understand how it worked until recently, and it's one of the most complicated aspects of R/S/E.

I preferred the Game Corner from R/S/E since the roulette was a nice addition. I'll admit that I had pretty bad luck while playing it, but it was a nice change of pace from the usual slot machines. I just wish that the Game Corner from R/S/E had offered Pokemon as prizes.

This! I agree with all of the above although I did seem to have some luck with the roulette. Would loved to have had some prizes to go for though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
The Kanto Game Corner had the best prizes out of all Game Corners in the franchise

I disagree slightly. I thought that the Kanto Game Corner had good Pokemon prizes overall, but the Jouto Game Corner had the best ones since we could get Miniryu (Dratini) from there. Kanto's Game Corner is famous for having Porygon as an available prize however, despite it costing way too many Coins to get.

TwilightBlade

I disagree slightly. I thought that the Kanto Game Corner had good Pokemon prizes overall, but the Jouto Game Corner had the best ones since we could get Miniryu (Dratini) from there. Kanto's Game Corner is famous for having Porygon as an available prize however, despite it costing way too many Coins to get.

Oh man I remember how annoying it was to collect enough coins to win Porygon as a prize. I heard people say that playing the slots is easier than buying the coins, but I never had luck with that. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Oh man I remember how annoying it was to collect enough coins to win Porygon as a prize. I heard people say that playing the slots is easier than buying the coins, but I never had luck with that. :p

I always thought that getting 9,999 Coins was easier to accomplish by just buying them, which I did in LeafGreen and FireRed by earning a lot of prize money from battles using the Amulet Coin item, and buying the Coins in bulk to exchange for Porygon.

TwilightBlade

I always thought that getting 9,999 Coins was easier to accomplish by just buying them, which I did in LeafGreen and FireRed by earning a lot of prize money from battles using the Amulet Coin item, and buying the Coins in bulk to exchange for Porygon.

I never found the Amulet Coin item so I was never able to get extra cash that way lol. But speaking of coins I liked how in the Celadon Game Corner you could sometimes pick up lost coins on the floor.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I never found the Amulet Coin item so I was never able to get extra cash that way lol. But speaking of coins I liked how in the Celadon Game Corner you could sometimes pick up lost coins on the floor.

I do remember that, although the Coins for the slot machines were hidden and I can't remember if we could use the Itemfinder to locate them or not. Either way, it was nice to be able to get about 200 Coins in total for free.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I like slot machines but was I the only one who thought that they were rigged in both regions? I think I liked Hoenn's game corner more just because it had the roulette table even if it also felt rigged. :p