• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

game decision for a 7 year old

Dattebayo

Banned
Super Princess Peach is an excellent choice for your cousin's birthday. Be sure not to replace it with some Dora game.

Super Princess Peach is an excellent choice for your cousin's birthday. Be sure not to replace it with some Dora game.

Both Dora and SPP suck immensely.

Please, get her a game that is actually GOOD. Kids these days need to grow up with stuff that isn't "for their gender" or movie/cartoon licensed piles of ****.

Chris

Old Coot
Please, get her a game that is actually GOOD. Kids these days need to grow up with stuff that isn't "for their gender" or movie/cartoon licensed piles of ****.
Agreed. This is what's wrong with games today. Too many ****ing games trying to target to different genders (and as always, the games targeted to girls makes them seem like mindless idiots when they're nothing but pop idol games and games about ponies and doggies and kitties) and too many damned games based off of existing franchises.

Back in the old days, everyone KNEW most of these type of games would suck without having to buy it. Classic NES games, arcade ports for the Genesis, and original SNES games. Those are the top three best things to get a kid growing up on games.

And I dunno about you guys, but what's this nonsense about some games these days being too hard for kids? Did we suddenly blank out with how tough as nails the Mega Man series on NES was for those of us who grew up during that period? Yet we still played it. Why? CAUSE IT WAS FUN, DAMMIT! :(

Super Mario Advance 2 or 3. I still have no idea why I don't have Advance 2, as my very first console game was SMW!

Tetris DS would work too.:)

LuxraySuperpower

Luxray's a BEAST!
ok my cousins birthday is coming up and I want to get her a DS game. I was thinking of getting her super princess peach but then I thought it might be to hard. Ive never played it so I'm not sure of the level of difficulty. could someone tell me if this game would be ok for her

P.S. if not can you reccomend one (she already has nintendogs)

Try this Pacman game, my 8-year old cousin had it and she was progressing fine.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
D/P Nuff said. I grew up with the SNES and I still think Zelda: A Link to the Past and Starwing (That's Starfox for you Americans) are two of the best games of all time

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Why not New Super Mario Bros? You just jump on things....

Anzua2

Then why do people enjoy sexual activity?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Agreed. This is what's wrong with games today. Too many ****ing games trying to target to different genders (and as always, the games targeted to girls makes them seem like mindless idiots when they're nothing but pop idol games and games about ponies and doggies and kitties) and too many damned games based off of existing franchises.

Back in the old days, everyone KNEW most of these type of games would suck without having to buy it. Classic NES games, arcade ports for the Genesis, and original SNES games. Those are the top three best things to get a kid growing up on games.

And I dunno about you guys, but what's this nonsense about some games these days being too hard for kids? Did we suddenly blank out with how tough as nails the Mega Man series on NES was for those of us who grew up during that period? Yet we still played it. Why? CAUSE IT WAS FUN, DAMMIT! :(
Your average adult nowadays seems to think children are too vulnerable to handle violence or anything resembling a speck of difficulty in what they play. As such kids grow up playing easy, happy-go-lucky, sunshine and rainbows, crap and then get pissy if they play something and can't pass the first level. Or they'll go crazy at the sight of just a little blood. Get the kid a game that's at least a little difficult. Not too hard but not really all that easy. Something like Legend of Zelda or Castlevania(Too violent? Bah! Wasn't too violent for me to play when I was eleven).