1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Game Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Schade, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Sign ups for prr is open now and will be open for the rest of the day if anyone is interested

2. RzK

RzK Meow

Looks like vanillite1's gone. He left his mark on the Games forum for sure. You'll be missed, buddy.

3. Schade

Schade Do you hear it? Don't listen.

Oh, they'll be back. They always come back.

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Quirky

Indeed. They can't escape this section no matter what!

Also thanks for approving the new stuff, Schade! Some interesting stuff for sure.

5. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Danny Phantom

When you approve games, could you please provide a link to the game you're approving so it's easier to find them?

6. Lunala

Lunala Banned

What made you thinnnk I would wanan re-think the title?

7. RzK

RzK Meow

Shout out to MarshtompMan for creating that Ultimate Game Master game, it is a brilliant idea! Not going to be joining because I'm busy, but good luck!

8. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster KungFu Zen Mode

I have an idea. Should I be posting the idea here or somewhere else? Sorry I'm new here haha. I got here because my idea was closed in the Animé discussion and a guy named Sushi said I need to go here for interaction with forum-users. Thanks already!

9. MarshtompMan

MarshtompMan DestinyTrainer 10yrs

Sushi's a mod now? Wow. She's a girl by the way.

If your idea is a Game then it can probably work here, but a mod will decide that once you submit the thread for it.

10. Lunala

Lunala Banned

Sushi has been a mod for the last 6 years, according to a thread I saw. I could be wrong though.

You're in the right place.

Yeah I took a look your threads (Pokemon Challenge Cup?) and from what I gather, they're basically short polls that complete some kind of tournament for the anime characters. The Pokemon Anime Discussion is for discussions, opinions and analysis so it wouldn't fit in that subforum. Maybe Anime Polls would have worked, but because of the whole tournament/challenge part, and because Sushi didn't suggest that section, I doubt she wants it all there either.

------

I'm not the mod of Games (that would be Schade) so take what I say here with a grain of salt, because I'm just giving my opinion here to help save you some time. What I can say about your threads is that the way they are structured, I kind of doubt they will be approved here. You would have to make some changes. Sure, your threads are part of a tournament, but they're really a bunch of polls asking "who would be better at survival" or "who is better at cooking".

Because your polls don't take much time to finish and only last a few days, you need them all to work within one single thread, because it can sometimes take Schade a few days, weeks, or even a month or longer to approve or reject threads here. This is because he usually does like 20 at once. If you continue making a new thread for each poll, like you have been doing in Pokemon Anime Discussion, there will be a very noticeable time gap in between your polls. Not a good idea when your polls only take a couple of days to finish.

Lastly, they can't be in poll form. This forum isn't for polls. We have a Face-Offs section, which are games that involve voting. The Face-offs have different voting formats so you can take a look at some existing ones and choose a format that works best for your thread.

You would have better luck there with your Pokemon Challenge Cup thing.

For those who didn't see his threads, here they are for reference.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653148-Pokémon-Challenge-Cup!-Who-will-win-Round-1!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653200-Pokémon-Challenge-Cup!-Round-2!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  11. KungFuMaster

Thank you for your help! I guess I can give it a try in the Face-off section?

12. Lunala

Lunala Banned

Yeah that would probably work best.

13. KungFuMaster

I tried to post something but it didn't show at the starting page of the face-off section. What went wrong? Do I need to propose it somewhere else?

14. fango pango

fango pango You're My Man Of War

After you post a thread, it goes to the mods for approving/disapproving. This could take some time, as the mods can be busy. Keep patient, and if it's approved, great! If it isn't approved, they'll say why odds are.

15. KungFuMaster

Ohhhh that's why. Thank you!

16. Lunala

Lunala Banned

Yeah like I mentioned, that's why you need to keep your challenge cup in one thread. Making new threads for each round will take forever.

17. Schade

Schade Do you hear it? Don't listen.

So school happened! Even in adult life, you can't get away from it! Stay in school, kids!

18. KungFuMaster

So what happens after your game is approved? What should you do then?

19. Dragalge

Dragalge Quirky

We post in them and have fun!

Thanks for approving them, Schade!

20. KungFuMaster

So I can sit back and wait?