1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Game Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Schade, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Schade

Schade Do you hear it? Don't listen.

I have internet on me phone too, though i spend the majority of my time solving school-related issues, and being social with acquaintances.

2. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Slurpuff and Alcremie both deserve love

You're on now, at this time of night. :p

3. Schade

Don't just assume everyone is online at all times lol. I struggle with sleep lately, therefore I am here.

4. TrottingMinccino

TrottingMinccino Victory Star!

I try to be on as much as possible. I actually have a looser schedule than expected, so I can go nuts around these parts frequently! Well, at least until I doze off...

Still searching for that one game that's just for me...It's been a loong road, but I shall continue to trek down it...

5. Schade

That's adorable, dude.

You'll find what you're looking for eventually. If not, you always have the option to submit your own game.

6. Dragalge

Dragalge Why do you hate Lorde so much?

You think you could put a message at the top of the forums (kinda like how PAD had those messages on top all of the time) regarding people to not talk about Sun/Moon spoilers that have been leaked in the datamine (apparently it has started)? People do want to be surprised despite my inability to avoid them. ;_; Thanks!

EDIT: THIS IS NOT A DRILL AND I AM SCAR'D 4 LYFE ABOUT THE SPOILERS.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  7. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I want to ask a mod, and the participants of my face-off if I may take a hiatus after the last round of the Winner's round is done (which is after the current one).

I might want to avoid the possible Sun/Moon spoilers for the next month, so I may drop out for a bit.

Plus, I could get some schoolwork done.

8. Dragalge

Well I'm one of your co-owners so perhaps you could tell me what to do to keep the Smash Kirby Hat Face-Off going. That is if you're OK with it.

9. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I want to put it on a month hiatus after I finish the round after this (by deduction it is Luigi Kirby vs. Ice Climbers Kirby).

Edit: I may actually run that last round co-current with the current one if I'm allowed to do so.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  10. New round of PRR is up if any of you guys wanna try it out

11. kawaiiconcept

kawaiiconcept TOP OF THE MORNIN'

um I have an idea but im not sure how to make it work
    I want to do a pokemon family feud
    where the teams are assigned randomly
    but im not sure how to do the surveys without other players cheating.

12. TrottingMinccino

TrottingMinccino Victory Star!

Hey, I was (finally) thinking of creating my own game, but where do I submit it for approval again?

Also, are folks still iffy about games that rely heavily on Roleplay elements in them? I WAS hoping to have make something like that along with one of my ideas, but I want to be careful about breaking any rules...

13. Dragalge

Click "Post New Thread" at the top left and submit your game there!

And if you are worried about it, I would personally say to take a look at similar games regarding Role-Playing and how they're structured and perhaps learn from there.

14. Lunala

Lunala Banned

So this is something I want to discuss with the other Face-off GMs and other people who regularly post there.

I'm starting to think the "wait two posts before voting again" rule that we sometimes use on our Face-offs is becoming a lot less helpful than it was back in the summer and should be done away with for now. I have two reasons for this. The first reason is because people are back in school, and activity is much lower this time of the year. Imposing this rule in future threads and keeping it existing in current threads is just going to kill some Face-Offs faster before they're finished. The Wait Two Posts rule served its purpose when there was a lot of people posting. It doesn't make any sense to keep it in effect.

My next point is that at this point it's annoying to memorize which threads have the rule and which don't. It was easy back when we had less threads. The face-offs forum has grown a lot in the last few months, especially in thread count. If you were new to a section that has over 40 very similar face-offs, and nearly half of them have the waiting rule, you would have to keep checking the OP when you post in one, just to see if you're in a thread where you have to wait. It would take a while to completely memorize which threads have the rule and could turn new people away from playing. Imagine you're in a game and you had to check the rules every single time it was your turn. It would get very tedious and I don't expect new members to do that. Rules should be easy to remember. Plus, some of them simply aren't following the Wait 2 Posts rule in some threads. Then somebody else (usually myself) has to go back and count the votes to cancel out ones that violated the rule.

I understand the rule was in place a while ago to prevent flooding, pingponging, and the winner decided by a small amount of members so here are some solutions to that.

- To prevent pingponging, I think just having a rule preventing people from cancelling out the previous post (if we are doing a hurt and heal format and there are more than 2 options) would be a more reasonable rule and it addresses the problem directly. Shy_taillow does this in some of his threads and I think it would make more sense if we replaced the Wait Two Posts rule with this. Also not using formats often where pingponging can be an issue would help.
    - Similar to the above, a rule against copying the previous post would help stop the winner being decided by two people posting back to back. Again I think Shy_taillow already did this in some of his threads and as far as I know it worked pretty well.
    - As for flooding, we don't even need to prevent that anymore. Activity is too low. The threads won't be flooded. We should deal with the problem when it starts happening, when activity is on the rise, but it's not anymore so now isn't the right time to restrict activity since we want our games to stay active until they actually finish.

Now obviously I'm not telling you how to manage your own threads, this is just a suggestion. I see only Save or Discard getting posts consistently now so I figured I'd throw some ideas out there to boost activity in other threads :p

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  15. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

Is this no longer being used? Can we still use it to discuss stuff?

16. Idk, but we might as well discuss stuff.

Tbh the idea of signature wars is great. I'm loving that thread. And lol I have an indestructible team in my sig :p

17. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

One thing I want to point out: I loved Roll To Dodge since I picked it up while browsing dead games and I love hosting it so much but that wouldn't be possible without players, from reading the stuff on old threads it's a really fun game and I definitely recommend it but I'm not trying to force you or anything, if I'm not supposed to do this just delete this reply

18. Schade

Yes. It's odd it has been so dead lately. lol.

19. Roll to Dodge has been so much fun. Even though we don't have many players, it still works pretty well. Our current squad of four is going on quite the adventure :p

20. fango pango

fango pango You're My Man Of War

So what about those mods eh? Really...active.

Okay FR though while I think the Games Section is fine for activity it's been 2+ months since games were accepted, and Schade was the only active mod for the section.
    When are we getting a new mod? I'd happily volunteer if it meant the section got a mod.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017