• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The Game Section Idea and Feedback Thread ... thing

It was brought to my attention that a thread like this would be appriciated by y'all. By this thread, I mean a game discussion thread.
Use this thread to discuss Game ideas, Face-Off ideas, and some interaction between us proud people of the Game Forum.

Rules:
- All Sppf rules apply
- Be nice to each other.
- No one liners

Since I am allowing mild chatter in this thread, I underline the importance of post content. Don't post one-liners and the like here, as that spams up the place in the long run. If you see someone breaking that rule, report it, and it will be taken care of as quick as possible.
This thread is also on "probation" for a week or two, to see how it is received by y'all. Consider this a social experiment.

Topics one can discuss are, but are not limited to:
- Potential game ideas you have
- Potential game ideas others have
- Face-Off ideas,
- Feedback on ongoing games.

I think that covers more or less everything of importance for now.

RzK

Meow
Firstly, thanks for making this, Schade!
To start some discussion:
IMO I like the "multiplayer" kind of games better than the Next Poster ones. They're really fun when you are invested in them. Like Big Brother, and the Bedrock game. Although people have the funniest ideas sometimes in the NP ones!
Let's have the basic-est topic- What's a game you just discovered, and like? I opened Pokémon Big Brother a while ago, and it seems very interesting. Pokémon Hangman is pretty fun too, but I post there less because if I win, then a friend of mine pesters me to update fast xD

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
What really bothers me is the amount of activity in the games forum. Ever since the demise of you're banned, up to 2 hours may pass without a single post. As much as I love this forum, I'll just quit if no one cares about it

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I love how the Face-Off section has blossomed again with the addition of Face-Offs like Smash Kirby Hat, the now-ended Mega/Primal Face-Off, and the myriad of non-video game related Face-Offs too.

I created three more but I'll put it in a spoiler just in case you guys want to be surprised (silly I know but just to be courteous):

[• Pokkén Tournament Fighters Face-Off
• Video Game Console/Handheld Face-Off
• Fire Emblem Characters Face-Off (I think I forgot Sothe but I'll add him once some characters are eliminated)]

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I agree on the Face-Off part. That place had been pretty dead for So long. Glad to see some initiative there!
And no, Banned is not coming back. If it is quiet, you make your own fun based on the plethora of games available.

16x3o5%201.jpg

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
What really bothers me is the amount of activity in the games forum. Ever since the demise of you're banned, up to 2 hours may pass without a single post. As much as I love this forum, I'll just quit if no one cares about it

Try going to the RPG section. Where whole days can pass without a post from anyone. The Games section is not inactive. :p

Eh, I mostly post here because I'm bored waiting for RPG's to update, or because I'm too hyper to update them myself. xD The only issue is how long it takes for new games to get approved. Is Schade the only mod approving games anymore?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It does take rather long sometimes, yes. But patience is the best remedy! lol
You'd be surprised by how quickly games stack up.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, that hardly is my issue now, is it?

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
I don't understand it. People did edit their posts when ninja'd. I'm pretty sure there were people who posted frequently yet forgot about the rule about waiting till other users have posted. The only way for me to no longer get bored on this forum is if roll to dodge returns to its former glory

RzK

Meow
I love how the Face-Off section has blossomed again with the addition of Face-Offs like Smash Kirby Hat, the now-ended Mega/Primal Face-Off, and the myriad of non-video game related Face-Offs too.

I created three more but I'll put it in a spoiler just in case you guys want to be surprised (silly I know but just to be courteous):

[• Pokkén Tournament Fighters Face-Off
• Video Game Console/Handheld Face-Off
• Fire Emblem Characters Face-Off (I think I forgot Sothe but I'll add him once some characters are eliminated)]

I guess the Face Offs are popular again because of you, and I have to say, the Mansion of Storytelling is a really brilliant concept, hats off to you. I've been wanting to make a "different" kind of Face-Off just like you did, since a long time, but haven't got any ideas yet. At least I can be happy that the game I made is getting decent views. =D

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Happy thoughts, Yoom Tah!
Should I add a rule to this about sending a PM with complaints etc to me instead of posting it here?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
little complaints often get out of hand. Though that could spice things up a little. Eh, I'll wait and see if said rule will be needed or not.

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
I really only post in Pokemon Big Brother or The Big Red Button.

I will probably become active in Pokemon Royal Rumble again once a new round begins.

I definitely prefer the "multiplayer" type games over the "Next person" type of games.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Honestly, as much as I did like Your Banned, I'm glad it's gone. Sure, the games section isn't nearly as active, but it's still imo the most active subforum on this whole site. We still get posts nearly all day, which is amazing, considering the inactivity of the entire Fan Works and Interactive Board.

I am glad some of y'all like the Bedrock game, that was my most favorite game here back when I started, and to be honest, I never thought I'd be the one running that. Even though I'm not. Because I'm not the OP. The OP doesn't post there anymore. (It's *just* this side of a little annoying, because I can't edit the original post, and that thing is Out Of Date.) (Speaking of Bedrocking, I gotta go do that...)

RzK

Meow
Honestly, as much as I did like Your Banned, I'm glad it's gone. Sure, the games section isn't nearly as active, but it's still imo the most active subforum on this whole site. We still get posts nearly all day, which is amazing, considering the inactivity of the entire Fan Works and Interactive Board.

I am glad some of y'all like the Bedrock game, that was my most favorite game here back when I started, and to be honest, I never thought I'd be the one running that. Even though I'm not. Because I'm not the OP. The OP doesn't post there anymore. (It's *just* this side of a little annoying, because I can't edit the original post, and that thing is Out Of Date.) (Speaking of Bedrocking, I gotta go do that...)

If you like, you can ask Schade to give you post ownership of the first post, effectively making the OP yours to edit.
...Also, it looks like I'm winning this round of Pokémon Hangman :D

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
if you don't believe the games forum is going to die check when the last post in the games forum was posted. pokemon hangman, more than one and a half hour ago. and ON MY BIRTHDAY...

I didn't even check roll to dodge yet even though the reffing is up because I don't want my birthday to be ruined if I got a bad roll...

also, I don't even care about pokemon hangman

and I'm currently working on something called pokemon quest, the first version was disapproved but I'm working on a second version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.