• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzK

Meow
if you don't believe the games forum is going to die check when the last post in the games forum was posted. pokemon hangman, more than one and a half hour ago. and ON MY BIRTHDAY...

Cheer up man, it's your birthday. Happy birthday!! :D

Is this a thing I can legitimately do? Because if I can get the correct permissions, that would be lovely.

Yup, I think you can. Schade will probably tell you more.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
C'moon, don't be so gloomy. Like Mon said, check the RP section. Now, that place teaches you a thing or two about patience. lol
Happy birthday, Vanillite!

Nothingjustgo.

Well if you're banned is not coming back I'll quit and only ever post in roll to dodge. Period.

Oh no!!!!!!!1 .

In all seriousness, I kinda lean to the more complex games like PRR but it's hard to manage because of everyone's personal time and unwilling to commit to it. I tried to remake PRR in a more simple style but it got rejected :(.

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
Oh no!!!!!!!1 .

In all seriousness, I kinda lean to the more complex games like PRR but it's hard to manage because of everyone's personal time and unwilling to commit to it. I tried to remake PRR in a more simple style but it got rejected :(.

But, yet "Pokemon Free For All" is exactly that.

The games section is not as alive as it once was, but it is by no means dead. Sure, Big Brother has only been getting about 4-5 consistent voters in the current season, but there are threads(like the Marvel Universe thread) there is only a new post when some big revelation or a new film is released.

Lunala

Banned
if you don't believe the games forum is going to die check when the last post in the games forum was posted. pokemon hangman, more than one and a half hour ago. and ON MY BIRTHDAY...

If the last post was an hour and a half ago, that sure doesn't sound dead to me, especially compared to SPPF's other sections. A lot of people are also probably going on vacation and enjoying their summer, which explains a lot of the inactivity. There was also finals a short while ago. Really it's just the time of year that is causing activity to slow down and doesn't mean anything is wrong with the forum.

---

More Face-Offs would be great. I submitted a few myself.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
I think we're overdoing a bit with the face offs, but still the more, the merrier

It would be great to have a pokemon game with a turn-based RNG system, I remember pokemon aiptaka feom more than a year ago

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I think we're overdoing a bit with the face offs, but still the more, the merrier

It would be great to have a pokemon game with a turn-based RNG system, I remember pokemon aiptaka feom more than a year ago

I second that, if there were more games like that, I would be down to get involved (As long as...Ahem, casualties...are left at a nonexistent minimum)! Actually, things with RP/RPG-esque elements are what attract me more often than not, and would love to see more things of that magnitude.

Granted, i'm aware there's already a forum section for that and you folks don't take too highly of them here. But still, wishful thinking, right? Heck, why not a include one or two "Lite" RPG games of sorts, where characters can interact and such, without the necessities and heavy intricacies of a full blown thing. (Like what Pokemon High and similar threads did in a way.) As long as the mood is alright, I would be exceptionally happy! But, again, that's just me.

Last edited:

Lunala

Banned
> Make sure that the first post of your face-off contains relevance. It should have rules, an explanation of what your face-off is about, a list of co-owners and tallyists, and while it is somewhat optional, the first round of the face-off.

I just realized that a lot of us (including myself in the face-offs I have submitted) have forgotten to follow this rule here, and it has caused some problems because some of the face-off GMs haven't been active. If they had co-owners, this wouldn't be too much of a problem because we could just continue the face-off without the original owner.

While my face-offs are still pending, I am asking people if they would like to co-manage them, so I can just edit the list in should my face-offs be approved.

But my suggestion is to possibly start enforcing this rule a bit more when people submit their face offs?

---------

This... didn't make sense. I don't know whether you're shooting down my statement or agreeing with it.

Last edited:

Lunala

Banned
Personally I don't see it as excessive. We have more games than we have face offs.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I personally don't think enforcing the co-owners rule is a must. There are some Face-Offs we had in the past such as the Pokemon Generation Canadian Provinces/Territories that felt like a "one-shot" in which they ended fast partly due to how small in variety the topic is. Granted having co-owners of a Face-Off can be nice for management but if one member feels confident enough to run the thread by him/herself, then he or she doesn't need to have a co-owner right at the start of a new Face-Off in my opinion.

Just my two cents!

Lunala

Banned
I personally don't think enforcing the co-owners rule is a must. There are some Face-Offs we had in the past such as the Pokemon Generation Canadian Provinces/Territories that felt like a "one-shot" in which they ended fast partly due to how small in variety the topic is. Granted having co-owners of a Face-Off can be nice for management but if one member feels confident enough to run the thread by him/herself, then he or she doesn't need to have a co-owner right at the start of a new Face-Off in my opinion.

Just my two cents!

Disagreed. Even if a face-off is small in variety, it can still last a long time if it becomes popular enough to begin a new round. (See U.S. State and Pokemon Main Series Games). I think having at least one co-owner and one extra tallyist for face-offs should be necessary. The amount of them can be optional. Feeling "confident enough" sometimes means nothing, since the GM can have a reason for inactivity that came unexpectedly, and it would be nice to have someone else continuing the game rather than letting it die.

Plus, it's already a rule. There must be a reason for it existing.

---
edit 10 July 2016:

Adding to that point, it's especially good to have extra tallyists appointed, even if you don't agree with having more co-owners. This is for those times when everybody posts at once, and the points total needs to be fixed. We shouldn't expect the regular players to do it, since IMO it's not good management, and some might not be willing to if they think it's rude to do it in a face-off that isn't theirs. If the GM is offline but some tallyists are online, it's must more convenient and a more proper way to manage a game IMHO.

Last edited:

RzK

Meow
I say that having co-owners for a Face-Off should be encouraged, because busy-ness can strike any time as Lunala above me said.
But with all these new Face-Offs popping up, I say we need more new KINDS of Face-Offs alongside all these traditional ones. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dragalge's Mansion of Storytelling is a brilliant idea, a great spin on the typical Face-Offs. More non-typical ones would be great.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
And that's why I PM'd Lunala about something to accommodate co-owners: Post reservations!

What is it? Well after the OP, a co-owner should post something saying "Reserved for tallying" or something like it. Now I wouldn't recommend editing the post initially to match the OP but perhaps do it when the OP goes away and the co-owner can edit the reserved post to input stuff like tallies until the Face-Off owner returns.

Guilds in the competitive Pokemon section do a similar thing as well so it wouldn't be a bad idea in the slightest imo.

An example should clarify things:

Dragalge said:
Welcome to the Mascara Face-Off!

Followed by:

RzK said:
Reserved for tallies

--------------

And yeah I would definitely love to see different kinds of Face-Off. I'm having a bit of writers block trying to think of a new idea for the second story.

On another note, I was thinking of doing an NFL (National Football League) Face-Off but I'm not sure if anyone else here was interested in American Football. I thought of it because unlike soccer where you have a load of teams to the point where you're overloaded with the vast number teams or golf where human names are involved, the NFL has 32 teams and a "count up to 10/15" format for each division could work nicely. After sixteen teams are chosen (because of a potential wildcard round) eight teams compete with four from the AFC and the NFC compete for a spot in a Super Bowl finale.

RzK

Meow
I would have liked an NFL Face-Off if I had any knowledge of it :p and yes, post reservations are perfect IMO (lol at Mascara Face-Off xD)

Been poking about the section since an hour, Create-A-Trainer and Members vs Zombies are certainly unique ideas too. Now I'm trying to think of something too. Games Forum Face-Off, anyone?

Last edited:

Lunala

Banned
In face-offs that require things to be recorded in the opening posts, post reservations are a pretty good idea because then at least a post close to the OP is being edited so it can still be relatively easily seen.

However they won't be necessary in face-offs that don't require consistent edits to the opening posts. For example, if you're a Co-owner in a Face-Off where the Game Maker is inactive, and you just want to add a rule or something you can PM a mod to edit the first post.

---

Also I have a current face-off pending where people have to share youtube videos in the thread (trying to keep it to music or humor only, and there are plenty of rules on what kind of videos you can and can not link to) and then the members who shared the videos in the thread would face off against each other in a vote to see who shared the video that was enjoyed the most by the players.

I don't know if that is non-typical but I think it seems pretty different from the norm, and I'm going to make an effort to send more non-typical face offs myself.

Last edited:

RzK

Meow
The old Continuous Face-Off needs to be revived IMO. With all the activity nowadays it will be really fun.

Also I have a current face-off pending where people have to share youtube videos in the thread (trying to keep it to music or humor only, and there are plenty of rules on what kind of videos you can and can not link to) and then the members who shared the videos in the thread would face off against each other in a vote to see who shared the video that was enjoyed the most by the players.

I don't know if that is non-typical but I think it seems pretty different from the norm, and I'm going to make an effort to send more non-typical face offs myself.

Indeed it does, looking forward to it. ^_^

Lunala

Banned
What was that Face-Off about? I'm searching it but I can't seem to find it. It sounds interesting just by the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.