• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunala

Banned
but that thread is called Shipping Face-Off.

No. Videos should be kept to 4 minutes or less, it has been stated in the rules. Nobody's going to watch a super long video. They also can't break any existing SPPf rules either so they must be Safe For Work, and shouldn't be illegal content. Also they can't be a video you made, since that's just adveritising your own channel.

RzK

Meow
Here you go. Basically starts with 15 random Pokémon, once any one is eliminated, the game pauses, OP adds a random new Pokémon, voting continues, and so on until one single champ is left and all other Pokémon have been eliminated. Super long but still nice.

Sketchie

literally some guy
The thing is, different parts of the internet have different memes. What kinda memes are we talkin about here? I know of dat boi through tumblr, but I'm sure reddit and 4chan have heart of it. But what about my jorts, jirt, and junglasses? Loss.jpg? Starter packs or tag yourself? "I fired, and then I missed. And then I fired again. And I missed."? The History of Japan video? Anything made by Bill Wurtz? Hell, you can argue Serebii Forums could have it's own memes. (e.g. The Bedrock, the haunting memories of Your Banned, etc.) How old are we meming? Are we classical meming or only memes from the past two months?

Memes are a huge thing that spans an entire internet. It is a beautiful example of contagious diffusion, but because memes are so fluid and ever changing, you definitely need some major rules and guidelines on that puppy.

Lunala

Banned
Only problem is that some who weren't active during those "famous incidents" wouldn't be able to play. There might not be enough people who have been on sppf for a long time.

shy_taillow

non existent straw hat rikachu
Also I have a current face-off pending where people have to share youtube videos in the thread (trying to keep it to music or humor only, and there are plenty of rules on what kind of videos you can and can not link to) and then the members who shared the videos in the thread would face off against each other in a vote to see who shared the video that was enjoyed the most by the players.

I think there should be a rule not allowing players to vote for videos that they shared themselves. It would prevent everyone from just upvoting their own submissions. That's my two cents.

Here you go. Basically starts with 15 random Pokémon, once any one is eliminated, the game pauses, OP adds a random new Pokémon, voting continues, and so on until one single champ is left and all other Pokémon have been eliminated. Super long but still nice.

Ah, good ole Timeline. I remember that being really fun, but it was also a headache at times. The newly added Pokémon had a hard time staying against the Pokémon there from the beginning that had already racked up a high point total. Still a shame that Timeline went away though. Could we just reboot it from where it left off?

Lunala

Banned
I think there should be a rule not allowing players to vote for videos that they shared themselves. It would prevent everyone from just upvoting their own submissions. That's my two cents.

That was already addressed when I sent the thread IIRC.

Could we just reboot it from where it left off?

We might have to ask the original GM if we wanted to do it that way. I don't know if they're still active.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This isn't me going Face-Off crazy but someone had to make it after personally seeing it as a surprising omission after its counterparts were created in the past once it was revealed/released (and wasn't thought of until now).

[Fairy Type Pokemon Face-Off]

Also realized one can go to the bottom of the page and display everything that was made since the dawn of these forums if that helps anyone get some ideas.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Would anyone have an interest in running a Mafia/Werewolf-esque game?
I have a setup for one, but I'm not sure I can host one by myself, so I was hoping someone could co-host and maybe straighten out some rough edges of the roles.

PM if interested I guess?

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
A new season of Pokemon Big Brother will be accepting nominations this weekend. I am posting here to see if anyone has any thoughts on the game or ways I could improve it/make it more appealing if you thought it didn't suit your fancy. If you would like have a reservation to ensure you have a nomination, just PM me. I will only let someone have a reservation if they have never nominated before.

This is the game discussion thread, so I thought I would bring up a game that could be discussed.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I thought of an idea that involved Pokemon Go. Since more generations are planned to be added, what if we had a game wondering how funny it would be to see a certain Pokemon somewhere.

For example: Beheeyen at Roswell. Garbodor in New Jersey.

Of course, one rule would be to be tasteful (common sense really). There are some infamous events around that happened around the globe, so I don't want to go to far.

I guess while I'm here, and this thread exists, I will tell you guys one of my ideas for another face-off.

You guys may be aware of the "rate the anime/vg soundtrack" thread, where you post one piece of music and rate the last one.

This idea involved nominating categories. This way, we can narrow down themes appropriate for this category so it will be manageable. (It's not just going to be categories like "Happy" "Sad" or "Epic" themes. Some of these might require you to do a little bit of Google researching.

shy_taillow

I thought of an idea that involved Pokemon Go. Since more generations are planned to be added, what if we had a game wondering how funny it would be to see a certain Pokemon somewhere.

For example: Beheeyen at Roswell. Garbodor in New Jersey.

Of course, one rule would be to be tasteful (common sense really). There are some infamous events around that happened around the globe, so I don't want to go to far.

This sounds fun. I'll need to get my creative juices flowing to try and come up with some good examples.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sounds like a pretty fun idea. We have 721+ Pokemon to choose and a cornucopia of locations to use so it would be pleasing to see what other people's posts would say.

On another note, two of the Face-Offs I submitted have some crazy 1st rounds with it being 10+ things to vote on. Perhaps I should reduce the number once they're approved.

shy_taillow

On another note, two of the Face-Offs I submitted have some crazy 1st rounds with it being 10+ things to vote on. Perhaps I should reduce the number once they're approved.

Possibly you could reduce the number in one of them and leave 10+ in the other, just to be different. Merely a suggestion. I like a variety, haha.

Sketchie

literally some guy
What are you talking about??

RTD seems to be just fine? Hon, I see you in the games section and the game section only. Look around, look around, at just how dead the rest of the fan works and interaction is. The RPG section has been wildly active lately, with a post in an RPG thread almost every day (sometimes two!) and the discussion threads actually busy! The fanart section is nigh completely dead, I don't see much activity in Clubs either, and the Fan Fiction section is... well, it seems to be about at active as the RPG section normally is.

The games section is no where near dead. Slow, mayne, but it goes through peaks and teoughs. Just like this whole forum does. Be patient. Go jang out in other sections for a spell. Someone will reply eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.