• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Info & Release Date Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
This is the revamped game info thread for XD. The main reason is just to clear up the mess in the previous one, and to provide a place for the release date discussions. Please stop posting new release date discussions and kindly direct all of them here.

The following are only the basic info on XD, detailed info can either be found on the site or in the FAQ sticky.

Basic Info:
Pokemon XD, Gales of Darkness, is the second RPG game developed for Nintendo Gamecube by Genius Sonority. It is the sequel to Pokemon Colosseum and the basic game plot is about snagging shadow pokemons like its predecessor.

The name XD in the game title means eXtra dimension, which probably signifies the 3D aspect of the GC games. The signature pokemon of this game, shadow Lugia, has the code name XD001, which means eXtra Dark pokemon (note that shadow pokemons are called dark pokemons in Japanese).

Memory Blocks required: 43

Compatibility: It is compatible with Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald. It is also technically compatible with Colosseum and Pokemon Box, but since you can't trade between two GC games directly, you'll need to do them via a GBA game.

E-reader compatibility: From what it seems, E-reader is not compatible with XD, as the device is pretty much abandoned some time after Emerald's release, and there has been no mentioning of releasing XD E-cards.

4th generation pokemons: Munchlax and Bonsly make cameos in XD. For more info, check the site or XD FAQ sticky.

The following are the games' release dates. They are subject to change, and of course, if you preorder it or your local stores don't usually follow the official release date, it would be another story.

Japan: 4th Aug 2005
America: 3rd Oct 2005
Europe: 18th Nov 2005
Australia: 3rd Nov 2005

Coronis~

Last edited:

X-Wing

Cascade Trainer
Hi guys ! Just to let you know I bought an XD copy this afternoon at Laval's Toys 'R US (for you guys in Montreal's area) !! :eek: It is also included if you buy a gamecube.

EDIT: I didn't preorder it today, I got the real cartridge !

Prof.BIG

Marsh Trainer
Yah, you do get it with a gamecube but I already have a gamecube so I can't get it. Also Coronis, in Canada for Zellers it came out today October 1 so I'm getting it tommorow.
Edit: Sorry I didn't get it that day. I got it yesterday

Last edited:

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

greenlink said:
Um, US is actually September 29th.
te scheduled release was what it says, but it seems game stores just received them early

so if it's the 2nd today.......
31 days in october....

47 days til UK release.........................

Im going to cry now.......... to late! *cries*

Pokemaníaco Desesperado

Normal Coordinator
It would be nice to put America and EU instead of US and UK, it isn't too important, but you know, UK and US aren't the only countries in their respective continents.

S

Sengfire

Heya ll the glitches in Pokemon Colloseum work in Gale of Darkness.

S

Skitt3n

18th November? I think that's the same day the new Harry Potter film comes out here too. Time to book a day off work, methinks...

MaskedManAbsolkid

Skitt3n said:
18th November? I think that's the same day the new Harry Potter film comes out here too. Time to book a day off work, methinks...

Harry Potter is November 14th, I think.

Also, the UK release date might be earlier for some places.

Professor Ivy said:
A pic is wort a thousand words I got my Pokemon XD on Oct 1, 2005
o....k the person holding that game looks like one of the zombies from Shaun of the dead........ the eyes!

no offence if it is you!

HP4 comes out on november 18th, trust me I know someone who is obsessed with films!

I think the websites like amazon and play.com will get them first

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
Sherlock Shuckle said:
o....k the person holding that game looks like one of the zombies from Shaun of the dead........ the eyes!

no offence if it is you!

HP4 comes out on november 18th, trust me I know someone who is obsessed with films!

I think the websites like amazon and play.com will get them first

That oh okay. And yes it is me. It was taken when I was look at the roof. Becayse something caught my eye. And I did not know my grandma toke the pics. ^.^

Professor Ivy said:
That oh okay. And yes it is me. It was taken when I was look at the roof. Becayse something caught my eye. And I did not know my grandma toke the pics. ^.^
Grandma's can be sneaky like that........

I actually think this thread should be closed to stop spam and stuff, we have the dates so I think it should be closed

B

Bob master of all pokemon

What about the Australian release since i read it will be released the 14,19,21 or 3 of november so i don't know and it is really annoying and confusing.

PKMNMaster said:
Same, I heard it was coming on the 15th! Oh well, we'll find out sooner or later. I was wondering, how much space does the game take on the Memory Card? 48?
that belongs in the FAQ,since it is already there

it takes up 43

Status
Not open for further replies.