• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Informer's Top 200 games - guaranteed to annoy!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Most people don't count "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" because it technically counts as two games. When separate, both games are shorter and weaker compared to Sonic 1 and 2. So, in the end, S3&K gets robbed on all fronts. :(
Sonic 2, maybe, but I don't personally think that it is weak compared to Sonic 1. Don't get me wrong, it was not a bad game, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a little lacking. But hey, it did well as a first try, and some Sonic games don't do as well past the fortieth try.

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
They must really think the two-year-old Call of Duty 4 is some tough **** if it's gonna make a more lasting impression than the likes of Chrono Trigger.

Like I said, utter bulls***. At least they didn't have any Activision Hero games. (Not the Original Guitar Hero cuz that was Harmonix)

Mr. Lex

Engineer
I tend not to get upset over lists like this because it's obviously not going to fully satisfy anybody. I doubt anybody on the Game Informers staff is fully satisfied by it either, they all have their own personal opinions s well.

We should all know better than to be bothered or annoyed by something that even the staff knew would piss people off. We should just take it for what its worth and nod in agreement whenever we see something we agree with.

The list is also much prettier in the magazine, with short descriptions and screeenshots. :3

You guys are forgetting key problems here.

Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Metroid are all listed ABOVE Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Super Metroid.

These facts disturbed me. How does the classic Zelda rate higher than Ocarina? I mean, I love the 8-bit Zelda as much as the next fella, but we can mostly agree that OoT was better than the first game. Not to mention, I pretty much expected it at the absolute top since, well, given the nature of the list.

This list is just crappy. Nothing to get too cheesed off about, but it sucks. Which isn't a surprise, either.

Mr. Lex

Engineer
If I can find my copy of the magazine, I'll scan the article, the list's suckage makes more sense if you read their description of the list. You also have to remember how many people were arguing over who makes the list and the order was probably a smaller issue for them compared to figuring out which 200 games make it in the first place.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Eh, the gaming world has changed drastically within the 20-30 years that it has been out, we have come a long way, some people now-a-days think that the old classical 80's-90's hits are better then the newer ones, so seeing the top 200 list doesnt surprise me at whole lot. Just keep in mind that everyone has a different opinion on games so, of course lot's of people arent going to agree, which is at times fun =D

Gibbers

This list is pretty much a perfect example of why I hate my fellow gamers. Can't say I am terribly surprised by it though.

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Wow is it me or was fable 2 not there as well as fallout thats redonkulous those games bug me so much especially seeing how you put so mch work into them to end up getting crappy endings in return sigh........ I guess it could be worse.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Wow is it me or was fable 2 not there as well as fallout thats redonkulous those games bug me so much especially seeing how you put so mch work into them to end up getting crappy endings in return sigh........ I guess it could be worse.
Fallout is there. It's #117.

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Ok well theres one but fable2 is way worse and to put fable 1 on there is like a smack in the face.
I mean the beggining is pretty dry the game is ridiculously short and the choices at the end make no sense.

I always hate how these lists have hardly any heart in them. Even if it results to personal opinion it's always the same games over and over again.

Chris

Old Coot
One of the things I like about ScrewAttack is how when it comes to a Top 10/Top 20 list, they list one game per franchise. It saves space for other worthy entries and gets down to real hard thinking on what truly deserves to be on a list.

dragonmasta

WTF modern warfare 2 at 181?
this is really messed up.
anyway mario should be at the top.
thats all i payed attention to

Cobalt_Latios

One of the things I like about ScrewAttack is how when it comes to a Top 10/Top 20 list, they list one game per franchise. It saves space for other worthy entries and gets down to real hard thinking on what truly deserves to be on a list.
As much as I dislike them, I'd have to agree with you there. There top tens are usually quite valid.

<C_L>

Wat.
Of these modern shooters, Halo 3 and COD4 deserve mentions, as they are extremely good games, and will leave a lasting impression, but do NOT deserve anything above, say, Super Mario World or TLOZ Wind Waker.