• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Move Set Difference

Phantom Wolf DX

Ok as most of us know, there are two different move sets between the games
You got the Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Colosseum and XD move set and the FireRed / LeafGreen Move set.

So now I'm making a list containing the 4 strongest moves the pokemon can learn by leveling up

However do to the differences you must at least make two off those lists, one R/S/E and one FR/LG. XD and Colosseum both have limited Pokemon and even more interesting. The XD Shadow Pokemon get an out off set move (for example Psycho Boost for Lugia)

So the first problem in making those list is for example Deoxys. He has 5 different sets (an R/S, FR, LG & E).

So here is my question. Is it safe to assume all pokemon leveling up in RS will have the same moves? And except Deoxys, which Pokemon have different moves between FireRed and LeafGreen and which Pokemon have a different move set than the Ruby and Sapphire ones?

Thanx

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
All I know is kirlia learns magical leaf in fr/lg.

BigCharizard

The moves they added seem random, except for Metal Claw on Charmander, so that you actually have a chance at beating Brock.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Ok as most of us know, there are two different move sets between the games
You got the Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Colosseum and XD move set and the FireRed / LeafGreen Move set.

So now I'm making a list containing the 4 strongest moves the pokemon can learn by leveling up

However do to the differences you must at least make two off those lists, one R/S/E and one FR/LG. XD and Colosseum both have limited Pokemon and even more interesting. The XD Shadow Pokemon get an out off set move (for example Psycho Boost for Lugia)

So the first problem in making those list is for example Deoxys. He has 5 different sets (an R/S, FR, LG & E).

So here is my question. Is it safe to assume all pokemon leveling up in RS will have the same moves? And except Deoxys, which Pokemon have different moves between FireRed and LeafGreen and which Pokemon have a different move set than the Ruby and Sapphire ones?

Thanx
level-up moves are exactly the same in R/S/E/Colo/XD, and the same for everything except deoxys in FR/LG. the XD pokemon might start with some that the others never get, though, and have access to exclusive move tutors for nightmare and selfdestruct.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
level-up moves are exactly the same in R/S/E/Colo/XD, and the same for everything except deoxys in FR/LG. the XD pokemon might start with some that the others never get, though, and have access to exclusive move tutors for nightmare and selfdestruct.

not completely... some pokemon get different moves they don't get in the various games.... charizard for example gets heat wave (although it isn't a better move) and onyx gets dragonbreath ... both only in fr/lg. There are a few more but the moves themself aren't all that good.

Phantom Wolf DX

not completely... some pokemon get different moves they don't get in the various games.... charizard for example gets heat wave (although it isn't a better move) and onyx gets dragonbreath ... both only in fr/lg. There are a few more but the moves themself aren't all that good.

That's almost what I ment. Since the beginning of Pokemon, Pokemon got new moves with new games.

For example in Yellow Pikachu could learn Slam by leveling up and in Crystal Dugtrio could learn Tri Attack.

So my question was (sorry if I was unclear), which Pokemon got in Emerald different moves than in Ruby and Sapphire (Deoxys among one) and which Pokemon got different level up move sets between FireRed and LeafGreen?

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
That's almost what I ment. Since the beginning of Pokemon, Pokemon got new moves with new games.

For example in Yellow Pikachu could learn Slam by leveling up and in Crystal Dugtrio could learn Tri Attack.

So my question was (sorry if I was unclear), which Pokemon got in Emerald different moves than in Ruby and Sapphire (Deoxys among one) and which Pokemon got different level up move sets between FireRed and LeafGreen?
Emerald level up moves are EXACTLY the same as ruby/saphire.
The only difference is move tutor moves. As for which pokemon get different level up moves.... well I don't have the whole list.
I know mr mime and kirlia get magical leaf in fr/lg and not r/s/e and zubat learns moves at different levels than each other game.
It's kinda search and find and is hard because some pokemon learn all the same moves... just in different orders.

Chimecho3000

Here are some moves that certain Pokemon can only learn in FR/LG:

Charmander /Charmeleon/Charizard - Metal Claw
Nidoking - Megahorn
Togetic - Magical Leaf
Charizard - Heat Wave
Mr.Mime - Magical Leaf
Kirlia - Magical Leaf
Cacturne - Revenge
Corphish/Crawdaunt - Crunch
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein - Defense Curl
Qwilfish - Revenge