• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think Dany will come to sit on the throne and then "break the wheel" as she promised. As in, there will be no more fights for the Iron Throne as there will no longer be one.

By "breaking the wheel," she meant making all the other houses irrelevant.

Sure, she has the Tyrells on her side, but once Lady Olenna gets her revenge on Cersei, she will have no need to remain aligned with Daenerys. Once the Theon and Yara take back the Iron Islands, they may likely break alliance as well, and Ellia Sand is very likely to betray Dany for the simple fact that the ***** cannot be trusted.

Daenerys will grab hold of that wheel, but the moment she breaks a spoke, she'll be pierced by a splinter. And down she'll go.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The big question is who you think will be alive at the end and who will not. I think it'd be more interesting for his character if Jaime ends up living through everything. It'd be so easy for him to be killed off, but I think him having to figure out what to do once he's lost all he used to have would be more interesting.

Grey Wind

The big question is who you think will be alive at the end and who will not. I think it'd be more interesting for his character if Jaime ends up living through everything. It'd be so easy for him to be killed off, but I think him having to figure out what to do once he's lost all he used to have would be more interesting.

I'd put money on Bran, Sam and Sansa surviving. Arya I'm pretty sure will survive, but I think she's the most likely of the (trueborn) siblings to die. Brienne and Davos are in the "there's nothing that particularly makes me think they're goners" camp.

Jaime's my favourite character but I doubt he'll survive. It'd be cool if he ended up taking the black or something though.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

I think some characters who will definitely die are:

- Jaime (he's my absolute favorite character, but I just don't see him surviving at all. Think he may be one of the big deaths this season)
- Arya/Sansa (I'll be so surprised if one of these doesn't die. Really hope there's a Stark reunion with the 4 brothers (incl. Jon Snow obviously, despite not 'being' a Stark. Arya is top 3 favorite characters, but I think she'll die instead of Sansa, since she's after the characters in her list, and Cersei and the Mountain are pretty strong. Idk)
- The Hound (Think will die vs the Mountain... if that fight does happen in the end)
- Davos... he's too good of a person to live imo
- Tormund, I like him but I feel like from all of Jon Snow's allies, he's very likely to die (he's important enough that people will actually care, like Hodor, and I guess someone has to die)

Not really sure who else. Not to say that Jon Snow/Daenerys/Cersei won't die, but between them and other characters I'm just really not sure. Also leaning towards Melisandre and Brienne dieing. And Grey worm. Wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion died, since he's so many people's favorite and this is GoT.

Don't even know if this many people will die, but some like the ones above I just feel are much more likely to die

ebevan91

Euron is totally going to get Cersei the dragon horn isn't he? At least on the show.

Janovy

Banned
Fantastic season premiere.

Absolutely loved every single Sandor scene, he's developed so much. And I also enjoyed the Arya scene with the Lannisters, I appreciate that there was no rape attempt or anything similar, but a simple happy scene that humanized the people Arya wished to slaughter.

I'm also digging the Sansa/Jon "power struggle". Obviously Sansa still respects Jon, but may feel a bit annoyed at not being listened to. She has a point about Cersei and it would be incredibly stupid of Jon to ignore her.

Though I do find it kinda silly that an episode titled 'Dragonstone' featured the actual place in the last few minutes of the episode lmao.

ebevan91

Fantastic season premiere.

Absolutely loved every single Sandor scene, he's developed so much. And I also enjoyed the Arya scene with the Lannisters, I appreciate that there was no rape attempt or anything similar, but a simple happy scene that humanized the people Arya wished to slaughter.

I'm also digging the Sansa/Jon "power struggle". Obviously Sansa still respects Jon, but may feel a bit annoyed at not being listened to. She has a point about Cersei and it would be incredibly stupid of Jon to ignore her.

Though I do find it kinda silly that an episode titled 'Dragonstone' featured the actual place in the last few minutes of the episode lmao.

Also remember the dragonglass and the map of Dragonstone in that Sam scene. Most of the episode titles have double meaning (or more than that).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Man, you gotta love Lady Mormont.

That girl don't take **** from nobody. I hope we get to see her in battle.

Skarz

I wonder what kind of gift Euron plans to offer to Cersei. Also, Jorah is in a complete mess.

Some guy on reddit paused when Sam was reading the book about the dragon glass that he stole from the library, and there was something about how dragon glass can cure any disease and illness. What a coincidence...

Also remember the dragonglass and the map of Dragonstone in that Sam scene. Most of the episode titles have double meaning (or more than that).

I guess what I said above has something to do with the title.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Some guy on reddit paused when Sam was reading the book about the dragon glass that he stole from the library, and there was something about how dragon glass can cure any disease and illness. What a coincidence...

I see. I didn't notice that. Thanks for the info.

Grey Wind

I thought it was a pretty good premiere. A little heavy on the setup, but I actually enjoyed most of it. I'm happy they're acknowledging how bad a situation Cersei is in, and having Sansa speak up against Jon is a nice way of showing her political acumen (and also: she was totally right re. the Umbers/Karstarks). The final scene on Dragonstone was fantastic, and I loved the choice to have no dialogue until the end. Great music too, as always.

On the flip side, I really didn't like Euron. He looks like a cross between a glam rock star and Captain Boomerang and his dialogue was cringy as hell. I understand why they didn't adapt all of his book story line but I wish they had kept his characterization closer. Or had at least given him good dialogue. Also, Ed Sheeran's cameo was so weird and out of place lol.

Janovy

Banned
Poor Ed Sheeran.

His cameo was so badly received, he deleted his Twitter account. It really wasn't that weird IMO.

Grey Wind

Poor Ed Sheeran.

His cameo was so badly received, he deleted his Twitter account. It really wasn't that weird IMO.

Did he really? Haha, poor Ed. It just stuck out to me as something that had no reason to happen beyond being a cheap gimmick, and it kind of pulled you from the world for a minute. The scene as a whole was decent, at least.

Janovy

Banned
Did he really? Haha, poor Ed. It just stuck out to me as something that had no reason to happen beyond being a cheap gimmick, and it kind of pulled you from the world for a minute. The scene as a whole was decent, at least.

The whole scene was indeed great. I needed a reminder that Arya will still a compassionate human being rather than a ruthless killing machine.

Skarz

The whole scene was indeed great. I needed a reminder that Arya will still a compassionate human being rather than a ruthless killing machine.

Exactly! That scene was just great because of this.
Also, I liked Ed's cameo, hope we can see more of that (even though I guess we won't).

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Also, I liked Ed's cameo, hope we can see more of that (even though I guess we won't).

Same. Really finding it hard to understand why so many people are complaining x)

Don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but someone spotted how when Cersei and Jaime were standing over the map/painting of Westeros on the ground, she was standing on an area of the land known as "The Neck", and Jaime on the side standing on an area known as "The Fingers". Now remember the curse on Cersei, of how she'd lose all her sons and daughter, and be killed by her younger brother. She always assumed it would be Tyrion............ but this could be foreshadowing how Jaime will choke Cersei. Man I'd love that. Jaime the Kingslayer and the Queenslayer

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Same. Really finding it hard to understand why so many people are complaining x)

Don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but someone spotted how when Cersei and Jaime were standing over the map/painting of Westeros on the ground, she was standing on an area of the land known as "The Neck", and Jaime on the side standing on an area known as "The Fingers". Now remember the curse on Cersei, of how she'd lose all her sons and daughter, and be killed by her younger brother. She always assumed it would be Tyrion............ but this could be foreshadowing how Jaime will choke Cersei. Man I'd love that. Jaime the Kingslayer and the Queenslayer

I think its partly because Sheeran's not a professional actor and the show has had dozens of actors with a lot of credibility and talent in it. But its also partly because Sheeran is simply such a current celebrity that he takes people out of the experience. He's a pop star with a big persona that's tied to the real world so it breaks the immersion just by showing up. He did a good job with a simple part though. He sang very nicely too this episode. People definitely overreacted.

Jamie is totally a candidate for Cersei killer. He killed Aerys II because he was a ruthless maniac who wanted to burn the city down. The main reason why I'm sure the valonqar won't be Tyrion (in the books at least) is that Cersei is so sure that its Tyrion and GRRM makes a point of having Cersei become increasingly prone to being wrong about pretty much everything. There are tons of valonquars (little brothers) who are likely to kill Cersei in the books who could do it, but from the show's perspective Jamie and Euron are the only ones around her and Euron needs her alive.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I hope the White Walkers aren't orcs, and they aren't just interested in killing everyone. The fact they're one of the only groups in Game of Thrones that aren't backstabbing, manipulating or being cruel to one another suggests they aren't purely evil

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

I'm really sure it is. :D