• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Over... Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinConnor

So you must be stuck in a place where:
-You have no money
-You have no items
-You have no way to get money or items
-You cannot trade yet/there is no place to trade
-There is no way to gain pokemon
-You are surrounded/the exits are blocked by too strong of pokemon/trainers
-The last Pokecenter doesn't help
-Your lone pokemon is weak with a high PP useless move

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
this would be a problem if it happended i'll try it

Red Frostraven

So you must be stuck in a place where:
-You have no money
-You have no items
-You have no way to get money or items
-You cannot trade yet/there is no place to trade
-There is no way to gain pokemon
-You are surrounded/the exits are blocked by too strong of pokemon/trainers
-The last Pokecenter doesn't help
-Your lone pokemon is weak with a high PP useless move

Method: Go to city near Iron Island using Surf, avoiding at least ONE of the trainers leading you to the area in the process.

Rid yourself of all pokemon and items but a level 1 magikarp with splash -- which hopefully will always beaten by level 5 pokemon with splash due to the level 5's superior defense...

Final tests:
Is there any regenerating sellable rewards on the city near iron island or on iron island?
If not, this IS game over!

IF you can have the good rod without having the old rod, that is indeed preferable as it yields magikarp with so high level that the recoil DEFINATELY will kill the defending magikarp even if it is out of PP, before it CAN kill the other poke.

Game over -- assuming you don't accept trade as a way out.

Safety measurements:
The magikarp must have the speed-increasing nature with a decreased defense, with 0 IV and EV HP, defense and special defense.

Last edited:

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
In the Electric gym in RuSa, I couldn't get out once :0 That was totally game over. I had to restart ;_;

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
tsk tsk you ALL PHAIL you could never get stuck. At least you all have the LOTTO....which eventually can give you an exp share which can be sold for 1500 i think

jellsprout

Go to the Pokémon League. Sell all your items and use all your money to buy potions. Use up all the potions. Release all your Pokémon there except for a level 1 Magikarp.
The only ways out are with a Pokémon with Surf, with a Pokémon with Fly or by beating the E4. A level 1 Magikarp isn't able to do any of those.
You could possibly get out by going Underground, getting items and selling them for Pokéballs. You can use those Pokéballs to catch Pokémon you fish for and you can teach them Surf. By running away from all random encounters, you should be able to escape.
Even if you have no Super Rod, Good Rod and Explorer's Kit, you can waste all your PP against enemy Magikarp you find with the Old Rod and kill them with Struggle before you get killed. Repeat till you evolve and teach Gyarados Surf.

However, if you do this without any of the Rods, I don't think there is any way to get out.

-Raiga-

Go to the Pokémon League. Sell all your items and use all your money to buy potions. Use up all the potions. Release all your Pokémon there except for a level 1 Magikarp.
The only ways out are with a Pokémon with Surf, with a Pokémon with Fly or by beating the E4. A level 1 Magikarp isn't able to do any of those.
You could possibly get out by going Underground, getting items and selling them for Pokéballs. You can use those Pokéballs to catch Pokémon you fish for and you can teach them Surf. By running away from all random encounters, you should be able to escape.
Even if you have no Super Rod, Good Rod and Explorer's Kit, you can waste all your PP against enemy Magikarp you find with the Old Rod and kill them with Struggle before you get killed. Repeat till you evolve and teach Gyarados Surf.

However, if you do this without any of the Rods, I don't think there is any way to get out.

The point of this thread is if there is a way to have NO way out. If trading and using the rods are an option then there is no game over.

The only true way from what I've read in the thread is being stuck with a lv.1 magikarp before the first gym, with no money, no items, and no other pokemon after making sure to pick up any previous items and selling them. It would be impossible, since even bidoofs have tackle, and those are the earliest pokemon you can fight. So no matter what it has to be early enough for you options of collecting items and selling them exist.

Red Frostraven

Is the underground under "the city attached to iron island" too?

(I remember iron island, but not the city with the library. Meh.)

Don't get any rods, and have your weakest pokemon be some random physically weak pokemon with all useful moves deleted by the move tutor.

Wait.

Beeing on an high level island without any rods, without underground, without items with a IS game over once you get rid of all your useful pokemon!

Last edited:

jellsprout

The point of this thread is if there is a way to have NO way out. If trading and using the rods are an option then there is no game over.

The only true way from what I've read in the thread is being stuck with a lv.1 magikarp before the first gym, with no money, no items, and no other pokemon after making sure to pick up any previous items and selling them. It would be impossible, since even bidoofs have tackle, and those are the earliest pokemon you can fight. So no matter what it has to be early enough for you options of collecting items and selling them exist.

If you allow trading to get out, there is no place where you can get stuck.
Remember that you can't get a Magikarp without trading or a rod. And even then, you could probably still train against Kricketot.

Handsome

James: Falcon...
If you allow trading to get out, there is no place where you can get stuck.
How can you trade when you have only 1 Pokemon and no Pokeballs (remember you have no money)?

And even then, you could probably still train against Kricketot.
I'm pretty sure a Kricketot can easily KO Magikarp with Bide, assuming that Magikarp is high level enough to learn Tackle.

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
I think you can't release the last pokemon able to learn a certain HM move. (Surf, for example.) That's the thing that stops game overs.

JosJuice

Slightly inactive
I think you can't release the last pokemon able to learn a certain HM move. (Surf, for example.) That's the thing that stops game overs.
Isn't it possible to trade them away?

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy

No, if they're the last Pokemon to KNOW an HM move then you can't trade them away.

Remember guys you get the Explorer Kit in Eterna City, so if your stuck in Jublife then you have GAME OVER. Because your Rival is waiting for you just outside Jublife.

Technically.

JosJuice

Slightly inactive
Getting stuck in the Pokémon League with only a low-level Unown and no fishing rod would be bad. It would not be possible to encounter any wild Pokémon, and challenging the E4 is pure suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.