• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Save Failed (Spore Related)

Here's the problem. I recently got Spore (yay). The first night I had it no probs. But today and on, I can't save. Whenever I try to save, I get a message that says (Something like): "Game save failed. Spore will now exit. Your previous save should be recovered upon connection" (Not exacty, but it gets the message through). So what gives? Why will it not let me save?

Sorry for the bump, but seriously. What could possibly be the deal?

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
It could be a problem with your installation. Try searching Google to see if anyone has had similar problems.

It may also be a program glitch, which you'd have to wait for a patch to fix.

Elementman-Novapoke

A similar sorta thing happened to me recentlty, but only the once.

For me, it had something to do with memory. Do you have enough / more than necessary?

If you do, then I can't help, sorry.

porygonfan

Your previous save should be recovered upon connection"

When your playing it, do you have a good internet connection? It might be that you do infact save your information online, how else do your creatures get stored on there site right. Check your connection before playing, you might just need to fix your internet connection.

alli940

I can see you
sorry this is off topic but
my spore workd for two days but after that it didnt work. it came the send error page or dont send and it hasnt worked since. :(

It could be a problem with your installation. Try searching Google to see if anyone has had similar problems.

It may also be a program glitch, which you'd have to wait for a patch to fix.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and still no dice.

What exactly does the error say?

Game save failed. Spore will now exit. Your previous save should be recovered upon... I forget the last part. Although I remember it's not connection.

Find out what that last part is.

I think they released the patch, it was some type of update. I downloaded it. and it appeared to have worked, but when I tried to save, I got the same thing. Dang, for a game that took this long to come out, it has a TON of holes.

And I think the last part was "When you Restart Spore." I'm still not sure. Curse my horrible short-term memory.

Edit: I just checked, and it was "Your previous save should be recovered when you restart."

Last edited: