• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Saves, Natures, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
Some time ago, I played Platinum again and I saved before finding the roaming Mesprit. When I used a Master Ball to catch it, the nature was Sassy, so I reset the game, and it still had that nature (and I had to start ALL over again!). Does this happen to the non-roaming Uxie and Azelf before you catch them, or does this only affect the roaming Pokemon you come across?

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I think that its nature/shininess/whatever is randomized when it roams elsewhere, say it's on route 210, then moves to 211, on 211 its nature will be different.
I'm not sure if this is true or not, so take this with a grain of salt.

Ammako

I think that its nature/shininess/whatever is randomized when it roams elsewhere, say it's on route 210, then moves to 211, on 211 its nature will be different.
I'm not sure if this is true or not, so take this with a grain of salt.

Everything is decided as soon as you release it from the cave in Lake Verity.

Garbodor.

I am not that sure but if it happens at least 2 more times then it's nature must had been fixed and determined when you released it from it's cave.

telivisionhead

I don't know. Maybe when it is released from Lake Verity it's nature can be decided then. Or if you caught it on the same route it may have the same nature. Or just has the same nature all the time.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Everything is decided as soon as you release it from the cave in Lake Verity.
This, as that counts as 'encountering' it iirc.

Use the questions thread sticky at the top of the section next time, please. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.