• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game shows, board games, card games, etc. Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's share our favorite game shows, card games and board games.

I enjoy watching America Says, Jeopardy and Family Feud. Love to learn new trivia and hear any funny answers.

As for card games, I love to play Solitaire and Uno.

Really like Trivial Pursuit, Trouble, Clue and Sorry.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The best card game by far to me is Cards Against Humanity. It's just so replayable and the answers are always hilarious :).

Don't really watch game shows and the only board game I've really played is Monopoly lol.

When it comes to board games these are my favorites:
Clue
Stratego
Axis & Allies
Life (I have the Indiana Jones version)
Chess
Risk (I have the Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition, Halo Wars Collector's Edition, and Mass Effect Galaxy At War Edition)
Monopoly (I have Baby Yoda version, Cheaters Edition, Ultimate Banking, Star Wars, Empire, Electronic Banking, and Nintendo Collector's Edition)

As for card games, my favorites are Uno, Munchkin, and Card Against Humanity

I really don't watch game shows

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I LOVE UNO
and Scrabble, Last Word, Apples to Apples, Sorry, etc.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like playing video game adaptations of board games on the Switch. I also like Uno. Clue on the Switch is pretty interesting to play as you can play against three AIs on different boards with various themes including one set in Victorian England and you can play as Sherlock Holmes who can oddly be randomized to be the killer in an ironic twist. I also have the Zelda Yachtzee game.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I feel like “game shows” and “board/card games” are big enough categories to be two separate threads. That being said, I love that this thread exists! :)

America Says is probably my favorite of the “current” game shows. It takes the already great Family Feud formula but tweaks it just enough to feel fresh. As much as I enjoy Steve Harvey as a host, I’m not a huge fan of the direction FF has been going - the questions/answers seem raunchier than they used to be. Overkill on GSN probably doesn’t help either. So it’s great to have something similar yet different enough in America Says.

My main hub for game shows now though has been the classic game shows on Buzzr TV. If it’s not available via antenna in your area, Pluto TV and a couple of other free internet services offer it too. The older game shows are just fun to go back to and take me back to my childhood. If I am able to stay up late, catching Supermarket Sweep at midnight is just too stupidly fun to pass up, and Match Game has a really good format too.

Watching Buzzr has actually helped me appreciate Alex Trebek (RIP) on another level too. Of course he was a fantastic host of Jeopardy, but before that he was the host of a game called Concentration. Personally I can’t stand that game’s format since I’m not a fan of the word puzzles, but Trebek as a host makes the game enjoyable to me. It really showcases how much talent being a game show host requires and his natural excellence at it.

I’ll get to the tabletop side of the discussion another day ;)