• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Title Pairs

NeedsAName

Since the previous thread for this hasn't been used since February '19, I decided to make another thread. Basically, what title pairs do you think could work for Pokemon games?
What we've currently got:
  • Red/Green or Red/Blue
  • Gold/Silver
  • Ruby/Sapphire
  • Diamond/Pearl
  • Black/White
  • X/Y
  • Sun/Moon
  • Sword/Shield
  • Heart(Gold)/Soul(Silver)
  • Omega(Ruby)/Alpha(Sapphire)
Good Ideas I've heard:
  • Rose/Violet
  • Crown/Scepter
  • Amethyst/Topaz
  • Opal/Obsidian
  • Plus/Minus
  • North/South
  • West/East
  • Silk/Velvet
  • Crimson/Aquamarine
  • Fauna/Flora
  • Light/Sound
  • Fate/Destiny
  • Bronze/Iron
Interesting ideas but would never be used:
  • Flesh/Bone
  • Life/Death
  • Night/Day
  • High/Low
  • 0/1
  • Zero/Infinity
  • Order/Chaos

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Why do you think that Zero/Infinity and Order/Chaos would never be used.

Anyway. Here's mine:
Wilds/Cyber
Past/Future
Hope/Despair
Blessing/Curse
Truth/Lie
Love/War

NeedsAName

Using those two, I had also thought about Peace/War and Love/Hate. They probably fit only as themes though, and I’m not sure if these would be appropriate as game names. Maybe they would work using other synonyms, or like with XY, be named as something else.

I definitely agree. While those do work really well as ideas and could be amazing legendaries, those would never be used as names. Maybe in Pokemon Amethyst, there could be a Psychic/Fairy-type that projects peace through the region and in Pokemon Topaz there would be a Psychic/Fighting-type that projects rivalry and competition through the region, and two teams are trying to exploit this. Team Amethyst could be trying to destroy the Psychic/Fighting legendary and "guarantee peace for the future", while Team Topaz wants to destroy the Psychic/Fairy legendary and remove people's "ridiculous weakness of love". However, they both fail to recognize that both legendaries are necessary to keep people's emotions in balance and save both people and Pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
These aren’t anything revolutionary but I’d like future games with the titles of Past and Present: a theme of staying to yours roots vs adapting to changing times. Could also have each game take place in the same region but in a different time period

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I definitely agree. While those do work really well as ideas and could be amazing legendaries, those would never be used as names. Maybe in Pokemon Amethyst, there could be a Psychic/Fairy-type that projects peace through the region and in Pokemon Topaz there would be a Psychic/Fighting-type that projects rivalry and competition through the region, and two teams are trying to exploit this. Team Amethyst could be trying to destroy the Psychic/Fighting legendary and "guarantee peace for the future", while Team Topaz wants to destroy the Psychic/Fairy legendary and remove people's "ridiculous weakness of love". However, they both fail to recognize that both legendaries are necessary to keep people's emotions in balance and save both people and Pokemon.

That’s a really interesting idea. For the legendaries, I personally thought of their types as being at least part Grass for peace and like yours, part Fighting for war. I never really thought of Psychic being associated with a war-based legendary, but it could also fit with being very knowledgeable of different strategies for victorious battles.

These aren’t anything revolutionary but I’d like future games with the titles of Past and Present: a theme of staying to yours roots vs adapting to changing times. Could also have each game take place in the same region but in a different time period

It would be a great experience to play games set in different time periods of a region. During 5th Gen after they did sequels for BW, I’ve wondered about games that would take place in Unova’s past. It could be a fitting way of introducing the original dragon (Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem combined) since it seems to be impossible, or very unlikely in the present time.

NeedsAName

That’s a really interesting idea. For the legendaries, I personally thought of their types as being at least part Grass for peace and like yours, part Fighting for war. I never really thought of Psychic being associated with a war-based legendary, but it could also fit with being very knowledgeable of different strategies for victorious battles.

Well with the two legendaries, the idea is that their thoughts are so powerful that their ideas infiltrate people's minds.

NeedsAName

It would be a great experience to play games set in different time periods of a region. During 5th Gen after they did sequels for BW, I’ve wondered about games that would take place in Unova’s past. It could be a fitting way of introducing the original dragon (Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem combined) since it seems to be impossible, or very unlikely in the present time.

This is one of my dreams for a Pokemon game: a game set about a century in the past, resembling victorian-era Europe or maybe wild west America. A lot of modern Pokemon like Magnemite and Porygon don't exist, as well as the fossil Pokemon as the tech to resurrect them wouldn't exist. Also, certain Pokemon would be more common like Farfetch'd, Musdale, and Yanmega. Trainers would use apricorn balls, and berries are much more widespread as a replacement for most medicinal items.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really like the Plus/Minus game title idea, and I'm also quite fond of the Dusk/Dawn title idea that I remember hearing a long time ago when people were speculating that we'd get G/S remakes during the late Gen 3 era: DawnGold and DuskSilver were the game titles that people invented around that time if I remember right.