• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Winning Assist (329)

Vernikova

Champion
May really can't battle with Skitty it seems. I suppose that she should focus her off-screen training on Skitty instead of Beautifly. Anyway, this was an average episode. It made no sense how May was able to comfortably stay in the room where all of the Numel were heating the metal while Team Rocket weren't able to. Numel wasn't anything special and it was pretty boring to watch. I guess this wasn't such an average episode but whatever.

7threst

I didn't quite liked the whole concept and synopsis of this episode. It was too standard for me and while I did enjoy seeing Skitty in battle, that was for me the highlight. The Numel, as Terra said, aren't anything special and just ordinary Pokémon. Although, for ordinary Pokémons, they did a fine job introducing it to the viewers.

I always liked Assist-using Pokemon of opponents in Pokemon Colosseum, like that Furret in Pyrite Colosseum. Assist sure is fun in the anime too, it just feels fun and cool, just like Metronome. And seeing Furret was a real treat, I don't like how Furret lacked proper attention in the Johto seasons, so this made up for it nicely. And seeing Furret wave at the end of the episode is so cute, I WANNA HUG FURRET! 7/10.

NPT

Just a member
"Game Winning Assist!"

I thought this was an OK episode, but I didn't like this episode's dub title. When I watched the episode for the first time on kids WB, the dub title "Game winning Assist" made me think that May will take part in a Contest and win in this episode, but sadly that didn't happen. This episode didn't seem important apart from showcasing the Numel and Skitty's new move - Assist.

I liked this episode's COTD Juile, she was cute. It's funny when Brock grabbed her hands and asks her to a lunch, only to get hit by a burst of steam from Numel. Numel reminded me of Slowpoke in this episode. It's nice to see May's Skitty to learning Assist, which is a quite good move. Too bad Assist can backfire if the random move isn't effective against the opponent Pokemon as it was shown in Skitty and Furret's battle.

Team Rocket's "Numel-mecha" was weird. It annoyed me when Jessie blew a kiss after the "Numel-mecha" was unaffacted by Pikachu's Thunderbolt, but it's good to see May being the heroine for a change. As usual, Team Rocket got blasted off again.

The next day, Ash and co. were about to head towards Lavaridge Town.... but Brock grabbed Julie's hand Again and tried to hit on her Again, only to get pulled away by Max Again! Geez, when will you learn Brock?

4kids sure messed up "Pokémon Trainer's Choice" this time. Seriously, how in the world did they think that the Fire/Fighting Pokémon Combuskin is the best choice for choice to battle the Psychic Pokémon Kirla? That's just dumb.

Last edited:
Numel are bigger than I thought I were. I thought they were a lot smaller. Maybe it was just that one Numel that looked larger than the others...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled at Ash and friends being chased by Slugma at the start. I liked seeing May's Skitty battle the COTD's Furret. Too bad that Skitty's inexperience lost May the battle. Seeing Team Rocket pluck the sleeping Numel right off the ranch in their Numel mecha was funny. Glad that the Numel fought back and that Ash and friends proceeded towards Mt. Chimney.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I thought this was an OK episode, but I didn't like this episode's dub title. When I watched the episode for the first time on kids WB, the dub title "Game winning Assist" made me think that May will take part in a Contest and win in this episode, but sadly that didn't happen. This episode didn't seem important apart from showcasing the Numel and Skitty's new move - Assist.
That's what I feel as well.
The episode was okay,not very memorable.It was cool to see Assist attack though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The glimpse of the Fiery Path was cool and whoa, Numels ended up being bigger in the anime than I thought. Skitty was adorable as usual and I was glad to see her learn Assist in this episode. :3

Zamin

I enjoyed this episode, I don't get the barrage of hate aimed towards it.

Assist seems like a pretty cool move. I wonder if May will manage to train her Skitty.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked this episode because May's Skitty used Assist for the first time. Also Numel seemed to be a little big on the episode, its 2'4" and it was almost as tall as May. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never considered Donmel to be an interesting Pokemon, although I did find Nyasu's boss fantasy scene about giving them to Sakaki to generate heat to be creative. Eneco versus Youko's Ohtachi was amusing since Eneco had trouble keeping up, although Eneco learning Assist seemed really convenient. Still, it was progress.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was funny how the episode began with everyone running from the Slugma in the cave like that. I thought it was cool how May's Skitty learned Assist even though it wasn't perfect yet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eneco surprised me here honestly since we'd seen how carefree she always was, and for her to suddenly gain a new attack which ended up being useful wasn't expected.

Assist is a cool move.

Trainer's Choice is wrong ugh