• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game Winning Assist (329)

PDL

disenchanted
Dratini927 said:
Hmm, this episode was pretty good for a filler basically, but it did have a lot of things that did...confuse me a little bit.

The 1st thing I noticed was when James was talking about the Numel, he said that when he was a kid, he had them to keep him warm at night. But wait? How could he have had them a long time ago, when they were just recently known? Strange...

about that...

the anime has a strange way of introducing pokemon from a new generation, a few episodes back, they would be like they never existed in the first place, then bam, once the new generation has been introduced it would be like the characters knew about them the whole time. Even though at some points they'd mention that there should only be a certain number of known pokemon in the world... it is a little strange though :\, it is a bit understandable if these new pokemon were to come from a forgien land though. Since James' family were rich, they could import pokemon from forgein lands and such

I

Indigo

EvilKecleon said:
the anime has a strange way of introducing pokemon from a new generation, a few episodes back, they would be like they never existed in the first place, then bam, once the new generation has been introduced it would be like the characters knew about them the whole time. Even though at some points they'd mention that there should only be a certain number of known pokemon in the world... it is a little strange though :\, it is a bit understandable if these new pokemon were to come from a forgien land though. Since James' family were rich, they could import pokemon from forgein lands and such

Agreed.

This isn't the first time they've done something along the lines of that, if I recall correctly...

PDL

disenchanted
another thing to add to the plus side, Team Rocket didn't have the usual Boss fantasy in the episode... actually, I found their fantasy kinda cute

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dratini927 said:
Hmm, this episode was pretty good for a filler basically, but it did have a lot of things that did...confuse me a little bit.

The 1st thing I noticed was when James was talking about the Numel, he said that when he was a kid, he had them to keep him warm at night. But wait? How could he have had them a long time ago, when they were just recently known?

Since when were Numel just recently known? Just because they're new pokemon in the games doesn't mean they weren't always there in the show.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Exactly, it would be unrealistic for people not to know about them before now. The only reason they weren't mentioned before is that they weren't created yet in the real world.

Yellow

Banned
I didn't really like this episode. They also got Trainer's Choice wrong by saying that Combusken was the best choice to battle Kirlia. Graveler would of been since Kirlia is weak against psychical attacks. Togetic was even better since he has high special defense. Combusken was part fighting, but they still said it was right. Skitty was cool with Assist, that's the only part I liked.

I

Indigo

You know, you guys should be happy that they played Combusken's voice for you. That's a lot better than getting the TC wrong. Now we have a vague idea about what it'll sound like in the future when it's appearance comes around! [SPOIL]It's like listening to Torkoal's voice to speculate what Ash's will sound like, only it's May's Combusken now.[/SPOIL]

T

Togepi Trainer

I liked it, May was cool....

TC was stupid! My Togetic would beat it!

Also, I KNEW that's what Combuskens voice would be.

*Destroys the 4Kids Building for the bad Trainer's Choice.*

*realizes he forgot to get someone else to do the dub.*

*Uses Celebi to go back in time and correct the Trainer's Choice.* (I wish!) :rollseyes:

Anyways, not a bad ep. I kinda forgot how Assist works. Now I completly remember it. :)

Team Rocket had an intresting mecha. However, they could've done better.

And for once, Ash wasn't the hero. I'm glad they made May the hero for once. Hope they make Brock the hero at some point. I would love to see that. :)

Anyways, pretty average filler. 7/10.

See ya. :)

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Other then the TC, this episode was original. May being heroine was cool by itself. Skitty was KAWAII! ^^ It was just so cute! Assist was also a pretty neat move. Numel's voice sounded fitting. Oh, and I loved Max's concern for May! ^__^ So sweet! This was a nice solid episode.

PDL

disenchanted
Jesus H. Christ on a Cracker...

we all know that 4Kids goofed up this time... THEY'RE ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL... dispite the fact that they dub and air the cartoon, this does not make them the ulimate experts of pokemon battle stradgies, they do know more about pokemon then companies who deal next to nothing on it, but they're not the ones to look to for real battle stradgies...

that's that Serebii.net is for :)

as I've already mentioned, my theory is that 4Kids must have thought that Kirla was a grass type... well, if you look at it, it could be easily mistaken for one... So it's just a mistake on 4kids

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, and I don't get what the big deal is with hearing Combusken's dub voice in the Trainer's Choice. Doesn't anyone remember "Having a Wailord of a Time"? It freaking had Combusken in it. Come on people, it's not that hard to remember is it?

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Heracross said:
Yeah, and I don't get what the big deal is with hearing Combusken's dub voice in the Trainer's Choice. Doesn't anyone remember "Having a Wailord of a Time"? It freaking had Combusken in it. Come on people, it's not that hard to remember is it?
Yeah, I was gonna say that same thing.

Anyway, this episode was o.k. I liked finally getting to see a Numel. And the way steam keeps spouting from their...hole, thingy, is cool.

Assist was interesting to see. I've rarely seen it in my games.

Well...not much else left to say. 7/10.

Akane

I really enjoyed this epsiode for three words...May and Skitty. Man that was so great! I love when Skitty used Assist. That is a very cool attack. May and her battling are really starting to improve. I was impressed. The Numel were cute too. ^__^

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Indigo said:
Now we have a vague idea about what it'll sound like in the future when it's appearance comes around! [SPOIL]It's like listening to Torkoal's voice to speculate what Ash's will sound like, only it's May's Combusken now.[/SPOIL]

*shudders* [spoil]I sincerly hope that Haruka's doesn't sound like that. They seriously screwed up Combusken's voice big time IMHO. And considering Haruka's is female it makes me wonder if they're going to even bother giving it a femenine voice. They certainly didn't make that bully-Torchic in 'A Wailord of a Time' sound any different to Haruka's one, while in the original its voice was more brutish and masculine sounding. Bah, end small, somewhat pointless rant about favourite pokémon.[/spoil]

I despise these spoiler tags. And is it really a spoiler to mention a pokemon thats in the friggin' opening? 0.o;

I

Indigo

Heracross said:

*slaps self.* That's right. Sorry, it's been quite a few weeks. I have other, more important stuff to remember than the Pokémon episode ten weeks ago. ^^;;

Hope they make Brock the hero at some point. I would love to see that.

*coughAMudkipMissioncough*

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
I liked It mainly by just showing a Move in the ep. Also If you have more then 6 pokemon does Assist just pick Moves from the 6 on your team

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Too bad you really can't put a feather in you cap for winning against Team Rocket. Maybe May will face a worthy foe. Then she would get my respect.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
EvilKeckleon said:
the anime has a strange way of introducing pokemon from a new generation, a few episodes back, they would be like they never existed in the first place, then bam, once the new generation has been introduced it would be like the characters knew about them the whole time. Even though at some points they'd mention that there should only be a certain number of known pokemon in the world... it is a little strange though
Well, in the first season there were several mentions that there were 150 known Pokemon. However, that was likely because at the time they didn't know the series would go on. Once it became clear there would be more new Pokemon, the series has ever since then been careful to avoid any references to how many specific Pokemon there are, and will usually show any "new" Pokemon as being one that was known to all or some before the series even began.

Indeed[SPOIL]the initial events in the seventh movie with Deoxys and Rayquaza likely occur some time before Ash even began his journey, something like four years if I recall right.[/SPOIL]

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I think it's a national thing. Kangaroos don't bounce around here in Michigan.

You think James had enough Numel? I'd be a roast duck with all those Numel.

Yay, I actually got a pronunciation right. I that they played off the word numb.