• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gamecube regions- Memory Card query

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
I've never posted in the Nintendo forum before, so hopefully this is the right place for such a question. (I didn't see a rule stating otherwise, so hopefully i'm in the clear :))

Okay. Will a Gamecube Memory Card with a save of an American-region game, work on a PAL version of the same game?

For example, let's use Pokemon Box. If I had a memory card with a save from the American release of Box, would I be able to access that save on my PAL Gamecube, playing my PAL Box?

Please help me ASAP. :D

Ninjit

Banned
It probably won't.
Remember that when a game is converted from NTSC to PAL, the coding has to change for it to be compatible. That could result in a save from one territory not functioning on a machine from the other territory.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
It probably won't.
Remember that when a game is converted from NTSC to PAL, the coding has to change for it to be compatible. That could result in a save from one territory not functioning on a machine from the other territory.

Ah, thank you. It makes sense- I just wasn't 100% sure if that only counted for the games.

Chris

Old Coot
Nope. While any region memory card can save from any region game, the save files are for that specific region game.

I can confirm this as I import games. :x

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Nope. While any region memory card can save from any region game, the save files are for that specific region game.

I can confirm this as I import games. :x

Ah, thank you for clearing this up.
I know i'm not allowed to ask about cheating devices, but would a FreeLoader (does that count as a cheating device? After all, it only enables foreign games to run on local consoles and vice-versa) get around this, or is it only for the games themselves?

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
FreeLoader would only allow you to get around the region settings to play the game. Won't affect your memory card in any way.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
FreeLoader would only allow you to get around the region settings to play the game. Won't affect your memory card in any way.

I see. Well, I learned something very interesting today! Thanks for the help (Chris and Ninjit), and y'all keep it real.