• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gamecube: serial port 2.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
most of us here knows the gamecube & it's serial ports which are used to allow it to be hooked upon the internet and gives it the ability to play GBA games on it,
right now i am busy placing those things on my own gamecube and i saw that there is still a serial port 2 which gives it the oppertunity to add another expansion,
i've been browsing google reading some discussions about this on other forums if they had any
answers about it but sadly these were all dated from the time that the gamecube was still new which didn't answer much.

it's 2009 now and the gamecube and it's things are not produced anymore but lots of secondhanded stuff is accessible for me,
was there something fabricated in all those years for the nintendo gamecube which needs to be sticked up serial port nr2 like a cable of
some sort or is it nothing but a reserve entrance for something that never came?

Last edited:

ProtoManEXE88

Rising Trainer
Nothing was ever made for it, but Nintendo had expansions in most of their consoles, so they must've thrown an extra one in just in case they decided to make something for it.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Nothing was ever made for it, but Nintendo had expansions in most of their consoles, so they must've thrown an extra one in just in case they decided to make something for it.

that should clear things up, i had to make sure what it really was, many thanks ProtoManEXE88.

Kalm_Traveler

I was doing the same thing as the OP here (yes I realize this thread is 8 months old) and also was not finding anything that used Serial Port 2 on the Gamecube until...

Wikipedia's Gamecube Accessories page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube_accessories

For those who don't want to jump, this is the part that finally gave me something of an answer:
"ProDG — An officially licensed development tool for the GameCube. In a photo from the product's homepage (SNSYS: ProDG), the cable appears to be protruding from the left side of the case where the Serial Port 2 should be. If this does connect to that port, this would be the only accessory known to do this."

I checked the website they link to but it doesn't have anything for Gamecube anymore.

Anyway, just thought I'd register to share this finding with you guys and anybody else who was curious about the GC's other serial port.