1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gamefly?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Blitz Lucario, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Blitz Lucario

Blitz Lucario Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if anyone else here has used Gamefly to rent a game for a monthly fee rather than pay full price for it in store. Lets just say this is why I am asking:

There are a lot of games out that I want to play but not pay full price for them. So I thought that maybe if I signed up for Gamefly then I would be able to play all the games I want to without having to worry about wasting to much money or having to carry the game around everywhere I go.

So what do you guys think is it worth it to sign up?

2. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Only if you don't want a collection.

It's a great feeling looking at the stash of games you bought build up. That doesn't happen with Gamefly.

3. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

^ well you can buy the games from them too but you know

Might as well pick them up from the Library too though, thats how I got into the Tales of Series XD

4. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

5. *IZ*

*IZ* Well-Known Member

My library used to do that until some ****** put a fake disk in the game return case and the stupid Liberian didn't notice so they stopped renting out video games until the catch the theif. 2 years passed and they still haven't caught him.

Anyway, I saw a commercial on gamefly and they had Pokemon black2/white2 on it and got me excited for it

6. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

I've used it for about a year. Definitely worth it. So far this year there have only been like seven games that I seen that were worth buying and most of those were cheap 3DS/Vita games. I use Gamefly for games that I think will be fun but not worth a $60 purchase. Sorcery, Twisted Metal, The Darkness 2, and a few others were good enough games to at least play through once, but they were too short to justify a purchase. Others like Ninja Gaiden 3, Dragon's Dogma, The Amazing Spider-Man and Steel Battalion were given mediocre reviews from critics, but I wanted to try them for myself. Dragon's Dogma and The Amazing Spider-Man ended up being really good IMO. It's good for stuff like that.

7. solarpanel

solarpanel New Member

GameFly is one of those services that seems like a really great idea, and makes you say "Why didn't I think of that?". With that in mind, it's good to remember that not all good ideas are good for all people.The most interesting with Gamefly is that they will automatically send you the next game in your list, once the post office scans you.

8. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

i go to gamefly.com all the time for game news but i dont but or rent games from them
    i like Having the games

9. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

It's the same thing as eBooks, it's hella convenient but I hate reading / playing from a computer when I can use my actual books / games.

10. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I do most of my gaming on PC, so no, and I can barely even use a service like this anyway, since everyone uses CD keys and similar ******** these days anyway.

11. Night Shadow

Night Shadow BRRAAP BRRAAP

I personally don't use it, but I've heard great things about it.

12. Breeder Drew

Breeder Drew Vote for me!

It's great but extremely overpriced. The games I ordered would always ship about two weeks after I ordered them and returned the other game, which compared to Netflix's three days for movies, is not very good at all.

13. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

Gamefly got me into Disgaea,Gears of War,and Tales(to a lesser extent).It's great if you wanna try something new,but don't wanna buy it because you're afraid you won't like it.Problem is that it's slow as all h*ll a lot of times.

14. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

Depends on where you live. They have...lacking numbers of distribution centers, and last time I had them, I went for weeks waiting for a couple days trip, it was getting lost in the mail and whatnot. Don't just do it because you're expecting Netflix for games.