• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pela

Hm...I was thinking...since this is going to be sequel..doesnt this mean the story actually continious? I mean will the events of this game take place after those of pokemon BW 1?
And if yes is there a chance to transfer your old save data from Bw to this one?
Wouldnt this be awesome?

Not to be rude but there's a storyline discussion.
I don't think the save data will be transferable. Why? Because people who don't have BW1 are pretty much screwed, and also people who have EV trained all they're pokemon would blast through the game.

Machoke

Shizui/Brawlytrainer
I would love to see the Pokémon following system return. I really want to see either a new Team or Ghetsis making a new Team, I also want to know what happened to N. I wonder when these games take place in relation to Black and White. Or if they are actually prequels..

pela

I don't think Hoenn in the game would be a good idea. If they made Hoenn into a separate game Nintendo would make more money and they would be able to expand both regions more.
I dont expect pokemon following you because they would have to change a lot of the coding and that doesn't seem worth it IMO.
I think there might be new regions in Unova, kind of like the sevii islands in FRLG. This region would probably be north of Unova but obviously not really close to Unova so maybe you could fly there. Kind of like you fly from canadian cities into the northern parts of Canada where there's no people but they have really small airplanes.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Ugh, why isn't this on 3DS?

Considering it's claiming to be Black and White 2, I'm kinda expecting a new story, as opposed to the old one but slightly buffed. At the least I want to know what happened to the sages, N and the shadow triad.

It would also be nice if they altered the region to be less linear, perhaps they could give you access to the right side before the elite four and add a whole new area for post game.

I'd really like to find pre5th gen pokemon in the wild, since johto managed with a regional dex of 250, and also we could have more support for using DW abilities during the story.

One thing, I hope they don't mess with the version exclusives. I'm going to get the opposite version to what I've got now, with the expectation I'll get Reshiram and Tornadus.

I'd like a DW expansion, so we can finally find 5th gen pokemon with DW abilities.

However, since it's not on the 3DS (argh) I don't think we'll be getting any major graphical update... Please tell me they're not going to insist on putting the entire 5th gen on DS.

Edit: Also I've got a nasty feeling they're still going to release Grey. Kyurem still looks completely unfinished.

Last edited:

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
what I'd like to see

- New sprites
- If it's a sequel, new playable trainers
- New rivals
- Something like they did in the 4th gen with helping trainers through areas (Buck, Mira etc)
- Maybe new rosters for the gym leaders/elite 4
- trainer sprite animation, don't understand why N, Cheren and Bianca got them but no one else...
- SAFARI ZONE (every region has had one, why not this one?)
- Battle frontier
- More triple and rotation battles
- More story after elite 4

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'm hoping and praying for the return of your Pokemon following you, I don't know why but I loved it in Heart Gold and Soul silver. Gym leader re-matches is a must too, I love going back and dominating gym leaders all over again, and of course the Unova Battle Frontier to make it's debut.

Peacock69

I'll just quote Cynthia:

"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

If they don't put this in BW2, I'm gonna be MAD!

This is really interesting. Is it certainly going to go along the lines of the other games and not like the spin offs? For all we know, we could be playing as the "pokemon champion" doing weird pokemon champion stuff.

I think I'd most like what they did with Silver/Gold to Red/Blue to happen, because nothing was more beautiful than finishing the game to go back to Kanto.

If it does remake Black/White I don't want the gap between re-battling the leagues pokemon to be so big again, that was just nasty.

smartie

The only gameplay thing I'm really hoping for is the walking with pokemon from HGSS. This feature is basically the sole reason why HGSS>BW to me. If they just make it optional, I really don't see a problem with returning them. Does anyone know any reason why NOT? I can't find any!

Edit: Gym leader rematches has to be easier then in HGSS, not sure if it's even possible in BW?

Jigglypuff5000

I personally want:

- Pokemon Following You [with an option to turn off - and GF to never take it out again]

- The ability to customize your trainer somehow.

- The Global Trade Centre finally upgrading to cease the upload of impossible levelled Pokemon.

- Rebattle Gym Leaders

- Black City [at least] being full [and useful] - not relying on me meeting other players to do so...

That all said, I have a horrible feeling that the Events for the 3 Unobtainables will only be released for said games. :/

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
-New gym challenges, kinda like what they did for Platinum. Perhaps even change the leaders.
-The 5 stations which are non-existant in BW should be included and become frontier locations. Much better to spread em out through the region
Battle_Subway_Map.png

-Sages and the Triad should be battled.
-Second unlikely region hopefully.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I for one think:

~Move Tutors. I have been waiting for some time for these to come around, and hopefully they'll let you teach Tailwind to Tornadus/Thundurus. That, and my Pokemon want some special moves...Superpower Mienshao anyone?

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
More variety before the first gym. Even if it's just pidove. Grinding on patrats and lillipups was just torturous, not to mention having no one half decent to back up your starter. Would like some other pokemon to be obtainable earlier as well like pawnard, rufflet Ect

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just to add from my last post, I'd like the GTS to be finally fixed. You know like people not asking for Pokemon that can't be Obtained like the level 9-Under Reshirams/Zekroms I'd also Like At least a graphic Improvement. It only on the DS so I'm not expecting much.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
One thing I loved about Black and white was the cool cutscenes, especially when you capture the mascot. That was so awesome and i absolutely want a cutscene for this Kyurem fusion!

I would also want:
The pokemon following you
VS seeker
Gym Leader rematches
a fight with N or other NPC's like Hilbert/hilda
cool kyurem encounter music

JD

I'm expecting new rivals and a new playable character as well. I think we should have more triple battles in the game too because if I'm not mistaken we only had one in B/W and it was optional, so maybe the Striaton Gym could be one if they're still gym leaders. I'm also expecting Zorua/Zoroark to be obtained easier in this game maybe by an egg or something. Oh and Hilda/Hilbert as the champion or maybe Cheren I don't know.

you guys are going to have to get a 3DS sometime the next game will probably be for it.

Last edited:

Shiny Espeon0429

Ugh, why isn't this on 3DS?

Considering it's claiming to be Black and White 2, I'm kinda expecting a new story, as opposed to the old one but slightly buffed. At the least I want to know what happened to the sages, N and the shadow triad.

It would also be nice if they altered the region to be less linear, perhaps they could give you access to the right side before the elite four and add a whole new area for post game.

I'd really like to find pre5th gen pokemon in the wild, since johto managed with a regional dex of 250, and also we could have more support for using DW abilities during the story.

One thing, I hope they don't mess with the version exclusives. I'm going to get the opposite version to what I've got now, with the expectation I'll get Reshiram and Tornadus.

I'd like a DW expansion, so we can finally find 5th gen pokemon with DW abilities.

However, since it's not on the 3DS (argh) I don't think we'll be getting any major graphical update... Please tell me they're not going to insist on putting the entire 5th gen on DS.

Edit: Also I've got a nasty feeling they're still going to release Grey. Kyurem still looks completely unfinished.

No offence, but not all of us can afford 3DSs. I would love Gen V to stay on DS so I can actually play it!

I agree that I would like pre-Elite Four gameplay to be less linear. Apart from the first two, is there a single city pre-elite 4 that doesn't have a gym?

I like the idea of making the east playable early on and then having a separate area to explore after the Elite 4.

SuperEpicRock

Personall, I'd like to see these games not be a sequel, just a glorified version of the original. Then the sequel can come when the ruby/sapphire remakes come out. The storyline could be something cool like N went to Hoenn or something, and you have to fight N, Magma and Aqua.
Anyway, I'd love to see pokemon following you, (though I doubt it will happen) and more trainer rematches, especially gym leaders. With the arenas and gym leader rematches, training would be a snap.

Ludwig

A lot of improvements have already been mentioned, I won't repeat them.

Even though it's an nds game, it'd be good if it got special features if you play it on 3ds. Example: Cut-scenes in 3d if played on the 3ds. Even better would be battles, or the whole game in 3d, but I doubt that that would be made because it's primarily an nds game. (But it would also be unfortunate because I have a European 3ds and would therefore have to wait for the game to be released in Europe to use the 3d features. It would still be playable on my nds lite though.)

Because the giant chasm probably will be important for the story and it's likely that the story will be after BW1 (how much time is unclear), it's possible that we will travel counter-clockwise. We would reach giant chasm before the e4 and the time difference could be big enough for the gyms to be relocated, or replaced by other gyms. The west side would be post-e4. It doesn't seem likely, but it would be a way of making the sequel less alike BW1.

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Hm...I was thinking...since this is going to be sequel..doesnt this mean the story actually continious? I mean will the events of this game take place after those of pokemon BW 1?
And if yes is there a chance to transfer your old save data from Bw to this one?
Wouldnt this be awesome?

This might be possible. Hopefully it is. I would really like to see a new character desighn. Like you are thr child of hilda/herbert. Also, gamefreak, bring back the ****ing tutors and vs seeker

Status
Not open for further replies.