• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Oh yeah I know both japanese and english. Was just wondering if enough would be on the wifi by japan's release. I have a japanese 3DS so that would work on it I think.

So you know how to read Japanese and you have a Japanese 3DS, lucky you I am so jealous.

Anyway as for your question I would assume that the Wi-if server will remain the same and if not you will be able to battle against the Japanese who own the game.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Not necessarily. It just implies that they know one another, which is obvious since it's implied that every PC programmer knows one another.
Of course, which is why I said implication, given that the PC system seemed like a recent invention.

Rio!

Composer
Originally Posted by tatter
they need to make other moves available to certain pokemon too. Steelix is the "iron snake pokemon" and it doesn't get coil.
and for some reason my favorite turtle pokemon, Blastoise, is the only turtle that doesn't get shell smash! Torkal gets it, why not blastoise then?!

Why is it that Torterra is constantly over-looked? This makes me sad. :c
And let's not forget Lapras with Shell Smash; that'd be pretty epic. :eek:

Last edited:

LudaChris78

umm if you want to abuse Contrary then hoping for Draco Meteor would be a better choice ;)

Also, Dragon Rush would be good for it, Dragon Tail causes switching and is too weak.

This would be a dream come true! They should give it some good physical moves too to make use of a physical contrary. Imagine it with a move like superpower...

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Why? Lapras's highest stat after HP is Special Defense. Honestly, I would not run Shell Smash Lapras even if it increases its Speed. Lapras has good moves, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't use it.

Imagine it with a move like superpower...
It would most likely be on the line between OU and Uber. Serperior has a high Speed stat. That'd be great in the Subway.

Grei

not the color
umm if you want to abuse Contrary then hoping for Draco Meteor would be a better choice ;)

Also, Dragon Rush would be good for it, Dragon Tail causes switching and is too weak.

I would wish for that, if it was likely to happen. :p

i just hope the game is harder at some points then BW 1 was

the gyms were a joke...ya the post game stuff was tougher but still i would like the game to be a bit harder and the npcs to have a wide variety of pokemon since there are 300 pokemon in the regional dex...

... only, BW was much harder than previous games.

It's true, BW is easy, in the previous generation games even if you level up to the same level as the gym leaders and have potions it would be still a little difficult.

... only, the previous games--3rd and 4th Gen--were very easy even at levels lower than the Gym Leader. I don't know how you people felt that BW was easier than previous games like DP. Most people feel the exact opposite.

As much as I want Torterra to get a boost, Shell Smash is not the boost I see. The idea of smashing your shell for the sake of gaining attack and speed... but turtles kind of need their shells. A turtle smashing its shell just doesn't make sense to me. But hey, Carracosta does it, so why not.

As long as Samurott gets it, I'm happy.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
I think there may be the return of Move tutors for past TM/HM moves

lisalynn

Giving regular trainers legendary pokémon would be over kill and unfair.

I don't think so. It'd be good training on Victory Road, or somewhere in the post game, especially if you can rebattle them. Even the yes/no option seems overkill to me. I think the main thing is that they shouldn't have legendaries that can use signature moves.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
I don't think so. It'd be good training on Victory Road, or somewhere in the post game, especially if you can rebattle them. Even the yes/no option seems overkill to me. I think the main thing is that they shouldn't have legendaries that can use signature moves.

I think blaze boy just can't handle battling with legendaries if they aren't his:D

Anyway, I think battling legendary trainers would be awesome. Maybe there would be a decent challenge every route!

... only, BW was much harder than previous games.

... only, the previous games--3rd and 4th Gen--were very easy even at levels lower than the Gym Leader. I don't know how you people felt that BW was easier than previous games like DP. Most people feel the exact opposite.

I think the difficulty depends on the starter you choose, Some says if you chose Snivy the game would be harder.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
As long as Samurott gets it, I'm happy.

This. If there's a new move tutor in B2W2, I hope it can teach Shell Smash and Samurott can learn it. However, I think we'd invest in Special Defense more if we gave Samurott that (Giga Drain and Thunderbolt are liabilities after a Smash).

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
BW was much harder than previous games.

Disagree! I think you're the first person I've heard to say that - ask a lot of people about whether they found BW easier or harder than previous games, and you'll get remarks complaining of the 'hand-holding' attitude, thanks to the linear region, the presence of audino making it easier the grind, the abundance of halfway houses allowing you to rest on routes, and the guy whose soul purpose in life is to give you Fresh Water before you hit the gym.

I don't mind these things so much, but I did dislike that the Elite Four were all at the same level. I know that this was so that you could challenge them in any order, but I think that whoever you chose second, third and fourth should have had their levels bumped accordingly. What happened to me is that I level grinded to get up to 48/50, but by the time I hit the fourth of the elites, my whole team had gained enough EXP to grow roughly 2 or 3 levels higher than them, making it too easy. Cynthia was a much harder champion than Alder, too! Her Garchomp was pure evil.

Also, the Unova regional dex is probably the easiest of all regional dexes to complete. I'm honestly curious; what makes you say that BW was harder? o_O

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Disagree! I think you're the first person I've heard to say that - ask a lot of people about whether they found BW easier or harder than previous games, and you'll get remarks complaining of the 'hand-holding' attitude, thanks to the linear region, the presence of audino making it easier the grind, the abundance of halfway houses allowing you to rest on routes, and the guy whose soul purpose in life is to give you Fresh Water before you hit the gym.

I don't mind these things so much, but I did dislike that the Elite Four were all at the same level. I know that this was so that you could challenge them in any order, but I think that whoever you chose second, third and fourth should have had their levels bumped accordingly. What happened to me is that I level grinded to get up to 48/50, but by the time I hit the fourth of the elites, my whole team had gained enough EXP to grow roughly 2 or 3 levels higher than them, making it too easy. Cynthia was a much harder champion than Alder, too! Her Garchomp was pure evil.

Also, the Unova regional dex is probably the easiest of all regional dexes to complete. I'm honestly curious; what makes you say that BW was harder? o_O

I completely agree with everything you said-BW seemed much more easier to me. And yes, Garchomp is evil. The only pokemon that could survive my Mewtwo's Pystrike...

This is sort of off-topic, but is there a legit way to get a pokemon with Contrary? Like, have they given out a DW starter in Japan or does a non-Snivy line have it that's available in the DW?

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I completely agree with everything you said-BW seemed much more easier to me. And yes, Garchomp is evil. The only pokemon that could survive my Mewtwo's Pystrike...

This is sort of off-topic, but is there a legit way to get a pokemon with Contrary? Like, have they given out a DW starter in Japan or does a non-Snivy line have it that's available in the DW?

Spinda gets Contrary in the DW and it is released. it also gets superpower from the DW to go along with that.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit

Meh. I really don't find BW easier or harder than previous games. Also wouldn't the Unova dex be at least harder to complete than the Sinnoh dex? At least in White, I think you never see a trainer with Vullaby/Mandibuzz. I think all Pokemon can be seen within the Sinnoh dex ingame.

In BW2, I hope the seasons will show more effects on the region. Winter was the most prominent one. Plus, it really only snowed/rained on the west side of Unova (Mistralton, Driftveil, Icirrus). It should at least show the effects of the seasons in towns. I mean, can you imagine how Castelia would look with snow on the bulidings on a snowy day?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Meh. I really don't find BW easier or harder than previous games. Also wouldn't the Unova dex be at least harder to complete than the Sinnoh dex? At least in White, I think you never see a trainer with Vullaby/Mandibuzz. I think all Pokemon can be seen within the Sinnoh dex ingame.

Also in BW, no single trainer owns a Ferrothorn.

In the case of Sinnoh Dex, the game requires that you see all of the Pokemon in order to obtain the National Dex; the reason why all Pokemon in the regional dex is owned by trainers scattered around the region.

Similarly, hopefully, in BW2, all the Pokemon in the regional dex are owned by trainers. It adds challenge and allows us to explore every corner of the region. Some trainers that own very rare Pokemon are accessible on blocked areas that require use of HMs. That should somehow give HMs more function.

Ereshk

Still planning

This. Never heard anyone say BW was easier than previous games, except you (to Grei). But I have to disagree about all the hate with the Elite Four (to Sasaki). Even if you challenged them in a set order, I wouldn't mind if they were the same level (would actually prefer). Definitely better than old gens, where the champion is like 10 levels higher than the first elite member. In this game, you don't need any grinding (hate grinding, never did it in any game, and the games I was least punished for not doing it was BW). And beating the three elite members barely give enough exp to get one level up for your whole party. So, conclusion: Gen V was probably the easier gen for me (maybe Gen II was as easy, the trainer levels were stupdily low, but some gyms/elite four were challenging), but it was one of my favorites.

Also in BW, no single trainer owns a Ferrothorn.
No Zweilous too.

Last edited:

Polly456

There needs to be a way to have rematches Normal Trainers in B/W2.

It was kinda depressing to not be able to have rematches Normal Trainers in B/W1.

Status
Not open for further replies.