• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Well I hope they changed it back to the fixed Exp. system instead of keeping the leveled exp. system. I disliked that because it made training a Pokémon to lvl.100 since the gained exp. decreased the higher the Pokémon's level was.

Yes, I hated how in double battles my lv 90 got 20.exp points while my lv 20 got around 200 exp points.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
I think they changed it back. The pc's starter gained 60 something exp from the rivals starter while in bw you just got 40 something.

You don't say? *Watches Video* You're right! If I'm not mistaken, Oshawott gained 94 Exp from the Snivy. They might have did something to the Exp formula. Or maybe they gave the starters more base Exp.

rocky505

I'm thinking this is because we only have one rival now. They made us gain 40 something so it would be fair at the beginning of bw.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Yes, I hated how in double battles my lv 90 got 20.exp points while my lv 20 got around 200 exp points.

Excactly! I liked the fixed Exp. system so much better. It made it easier to estimate the amount of time/battles it would take to level up.

Grei

not the color
Excactly! I liked the fixed Exp. system so much better. It made it easier to estimate the amount of time/battles it would take to level up.

Except that the way experience works now makes WAY more sense. How much would a Lv. 90 Pokemon seriously learn from battling a low-level Pokemon? Level indicates amounts of experience. If you have a Level 20 Pokemon (decently experienced) and a Level 2 Pokemon (relatively young and inexperienced) battle a Level 5 Pokemon, it's only logical that the Level 2 Pokemon would learn more from the battle than the Level 20 Pokemon. That's why the experience works this way now, and that's why it should stay. It's much more logical this way.

R_N

But until you got to the upper levels, the new exp system was way quicker on average. Especially if you had a low level guy playing catch up

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
One good thing they could add the same plain old boring League are Qualifying rounds like the Anime before fighting the Elite Four.

Aurath8

It is confirmed Regiggigas will apear in BW2! I really think this game will be full of Ruby and Sapphire remake hints!
Bessatsu+CoroCoro+June+Shougakukan+1.jpg

For the record, Regigigas is from Sinnoh. His only ties with Hoenn are the Regis.
It makes sense that we'll have hints pointing towards remakes(should they have chosen to do so). After all DPPt had Jasmine among a few more subtle things(Hint: Look at the pokeball on the floor of pokecentres in Platinum).

Back to Regigigigigas, it makes sense to have it in the Abyssal Ruins, considering it had its own temple in DPPt. The regis could be found in special caves in the Desert Resort, Twist Mountain and Chargestone cave respectively once you catch Gigas.
It would seem a bit random though if it's unrelated.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Except that the way experience works now makes WAY more sense. How much would a Lv. 90 Pokemon seriously learn from battling a low-level Pokemon? Level indicates amounts of experience. If you have a Level 20 Pokemon (decently experienced) and a Level 2 Pokemon (relatively young and inexperienced) battle a Level 5 Pokemon, it's only logical that the Level 2 Pokemon would learn more from the battle than the Level 20 Pokemon. That's why the experience works this way now, and that's why it should stay. It's much more logical this way.

That's absolutely true. In the Pokémon world point of few it makes a lot of sense. But from a gamers point of view (especially the veterans), you don't want to double the time it it takes to level a Dragonite to lvl 100 then the time it took in every game the past 12 years. I was kinda annoyed by it to be honest.
But still, technically I have to agree with you.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
If we can catch the Regis in BW2, I hope Dive spots and Braille are fully integrated again. In my opinion, the Regi trio puzzle from Ruby and Sapphire is the most epic thing that Game Freak has ever done. Why do I have a feeling they would make the puzzle way too simple this time around...?

voicerocker

Platinum Master
The only way to encounter Regigigas before was to have the other Regis. (or event) I would think this would stay the same for B2/W2 because of their relation. Perhaps after catching Kyurem and completing the main story, the Regis will become available and after catching them, you can battle Regigigas? It would be the first time you could catch all 4 Regis in one game without trading, transfering or an event.

Kall El

..Silence..
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.