• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
I don't know if the battle mountain mechanic of Coliseum gameplay is the veterans dying wish for gamefreak to apply for a returning pro experience? Including hard mode and the like of as hard as a real person playing mode.

Go online.

I've seen also customization begging too? Do you love to see you character decoratively pixeled or wait for 3ds improved fashion? I want answers form those minor fans. really, too much exaggeration people.

Yes, I want pixelated arwork for my character. No, I don't want Pokémon on 3DS. Because I play it too much, I'll get braindamaged.

Greetings a minor fan, only playing since 1999/2000 or so;-)

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Don't like the idea. If I travelled the region, earned 8 badges and battled through Victory Road, and then some douche said, 'harhar, gotcha, you've still got to win your way to the league through several qualifying rounds if you want the right to face the elite four' I'd punch them in the throat.

Those kind of tournament things are more for the Frontier/Subway, not for main gameplay.

Totally agreeing on this one. Elite four is also a good way for levelling Pokémon.
Battle frontier is the place for all the other battle related stuff. And I hope to see this Frontier back in White2/Black2.

And puting aside for a moment my love for customisation and putting outfits together (it's a girl thing), I don't really get why so many people want to customise the main character. For 90% of the game all you see of your character is a teeny tiny sprite; would you even really be able to appreciate the clothes it's wearing? And surely clothing the trainer is the least important aspect of a game that is supposed to be all about the 'mons?

It's not the fact that I want to see my customized character all the time, but I would like to give the character I'm playing a more personal look. Because, well, it's supposed to be me but I don't dress like a 'Jolly Fella'. Also, it would be awesome for online battles. It changes the 'hey this guy looks just like me! And him too!' aspect.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder how in-depth they'll make the game. Like there is a couple ways to beat the games. One way could be the normal way or you could stop the bad guys earlier if your quick enough something that sparks up the game.

I really can't see Game Freak making Pokemon like that. It's always been completely linear, and it's perfectly fine like that. Pokemon should be all about its gameplay.

Grei

not the color
Because BW were way easier than most games in the main series.

Except that by the fanbase's standards as a whole (at least, how I understand those standards to be from being on here throughout all of BW's hype), BW are harder than most of the games. I'm not sure where this "BW was the easiest" thing is coming from.

Part of me wants the Battle Frontier to have, like, an "Experience Mode," which would let you battle for experience. I know it's probably not going to happen, but I'd love it if it happened. It would make battling in the Battle Frontier that much more rewarding, since as it is, you're only really gaining something if you defeat the Brain. It would also make the Battle Frontier feel more a part of the game's storyline.

I'd love it if they did this in the form of different symbols. Battling a brain in Experience Mode would give you, like, a Silver Symbol/Print/whatever, while battling them in Normal Mode would earn you the Gold Symbol/Print/whatever.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I'm not sure where this "BW was the easiest" thing is coming from.

Everyone but you ;)

Part of me wants the Battle Frontier to have, like, an "Experience Mode," which would let you battle for experience. I know it's probably not going to happen, but I'd love it if it happened. It would make battling in the Battle Frontier that much more rewarding, since as it is, you're only really gaining something if you defeat the Brain. It would also make the Battle Frontier feel more a part of the game's storyline.

This would be a very nice touch, but yup, unlikely. I just wish they'd make either the cost of items less absurd, or the BP system slightly more generous.

kemal07

Except that by the fanbase's standards as a whole (at least, how I understand those standards to be from being on here throughout all of BW's hype), BW are harder than most of the games. I'm not sure where this "BW was the easiest" thing is coming from.

I'd love it if they did this in the form of different symbols. Battling a brain in Experience Mode would give you, like, a Silver Symbol/Print/whatever, while battling them in Normal Mode would earn you the Gold Symbol/Print/whatever.

I just really hope that if we do get another Battle Frontier, please bring back Symbols and not Prints!, Prints looked ridiculous

Grei

not the color
It's just irritating that the BF doesn't give out experience. The 2 BP that you get as a reward for a 7-win streak is not fulfilling in the least, especially when you consider that you have to essentially win 31 more streaks in order to have enough BP to buy a single expensive item. Getting EXP would be a great reward, even if random BP rates remained the same. They could even work it so that the EXP wouldn't be gained until after the streak, so that you don't have the possibly-unfair advantage of becoming significantly stronger.

:( Oh GameFreak. Just do what I say~

EDIT: I hope that we'll be able to get Sinnoh starters at the end of this game. If we get Starters as endgame rewards, it's either the Sinnoh starters or the Kanto starters, and although the Kanto starters would make more sense (because at this point you have to transfer across two generations to get them), I still kind of hope it's the Sinnoh starters that are given out.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Regarding BF, I only want them to either increase the BP reward to at least 10 per streak, or reduce the cost to buy the items, from the ridiculous 48 BP down to the slightly easier 18 BP.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
It's just irritating that the BF doesn't give out experience. The 2 BP that you get as a reward for a 7-win streak is not fulfilling in the least, especially when you consider that you have to essentially win 31 more streaks in order to have enough BP to buy a single expensive item. Getting EXP would be a great reward, even if random BP rates remained the same. They could even work it so that the EXP wouldn't be gained until after the streak, so that you don't have the possibly-unfair advantage of becoming significantly stronger.

:( Oh GameFreak. Just do what I say~

EDIT: I hope that we'll be able to get Sinnoh starters at the end of this game. If we get Starters as endgame rewards, it's either the Sinnoh starters or the Kanto starters, and although the Kanto starters would make more sense (because at this point you have to transfer across two generations to get them), I still kind of hope it's the Sinnoh starters that are given out.

Exactly. The BF needs to become more rewarding. We need experience, more BP per streak, and/or lower prices for items. I'm not sure how your "experience mode" would work though. What levels would the opponents be to make it challenging?

As for the starters,.I doubt Sinnoh starters will be given out at the end of the game, but we can hope, right? Quick question:Were the Sinnoh starters given out along with Kanto and Hoenn starters when after completing HGSS?

Skydra

I think "experience mode" should still lower your Pokemon to level 50, but grant you experience at the end (makes sense; you play by the rules while you're inside, but you still gain experience on the battlefield). If the Battle Frontier had actual leveling mechanics like Gyms, it would be easy to just grind and then play. Combine that with EV training, and a leveled Battle Frontier would go down easy, with post-game stuff and whatnot.

And yes, more BP. Items cost way too much, except the 1 BP stuff.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
I think "experience mode" should still lower your Pokemon to level 50, but grant you experience at the end (makes sense; you play by the rules while you're inside, but you still gain experience on the battlefield). If the Battle Frontier had actual leveling mechanics like Gyms, it would be easy to just grind and then play. Combine that with EV training, and a leveled Battle Frontier would go down easy, with post-game stuff and whatnot.

And yes, more BP. Items cost way too much, except the 1 BP stuff.

I kinda like your "experience mode" idea, and I hope GF uses something like that. And I completely forgot about the 1BP stuff. That was the only thing good about them, because otherwise we'd have to pay 9800 poke.
Then again, EV Training would still be faster.

Chaos Rush

It is confirmed Regiggigas will apear in BW2! I really think this game will be full of Ruby and Sapphire remake hints!
Bessatsu+CoroCoro+June+Shougakukan+1.jpg
But its also confirmed that Bulbasaur is in the programming. That must mean FR/LG remake. Oh and Totodile is confirmed to be programmed into the game too. HG/SS remake I bet. Oh and Riolu is in the Unova dex now. I bet that means they're going to do a D/P remake. Oh and Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott are starters again. Maybe that means they're going to do a B/W remake, and then do a remake of B2/W2. Oh and you can catch Eevee in the Unova dex. Eevee is from Generation I. You can play Generation I on a Super Nintendo using the Super Game Boy adapter. So maybe they're hinting at a port of B2/W2 on the Super Nintendo, and I bet they're going to release it on Virtual Console. Oh, and Regigigas sounds like Giygas, the final boss of Mother and Mother 2/EarthBound. Maybe this means that Giygas will appear in B2/W2, and is N's true identity. Or maybe Giygas is Regigiygas's true identity. Or maybe B2/W2 is an EarthBound/Mother cross-over, and you can go to Hoenn for shits and gigglez. And they're going to rename Regigigas to Regigiygigiygiguegiygigagiygas.

In other words, there are this many hints to a Hoenn remake as there is to a B/W remake: zero

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

No, we don't... We can get a Johto starter (duh), Hoenn starter and a Kanto starter in HG/SS.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Regarding BF, I only want them to either increase the BP reward to at least 10 per streak, or reduce the cost to buy the items, from the ridiculous 48 BP down to the slightly easier 18 BP.

I'd love if Game Freak made this a reality. There are a lot of great and useful rewards, but they can take a long time to get, especially if you're not so good/don't care about competitive-type battling.

Sadu-Hem

Ragnarok Bringer
On the Combination Team Rocket and Team Plasma:

Team Rocket aims to exploit Pokemon for personal gain. They don't give two firetrucks about Pokemon and actually ridicule the idea of Pokemon as anything other than tools.

Team Plasma aims to end the exploitation of Pokemon. Even if TP has the most hypocritical members in existence, I doubt they'd do anything as drastic as that.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Figure PGL counts as gameplay

Global Link details have been confirmed

The first view of the Global Link for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 has been revealed. This view showcases that the Dream World makes a return within these games as well as a rebrand of the Battle Union. It announces that new Pokémon and areas will be in the Dream World, with a reduction on the time cut-off from 24 hours to 20 hours. One of the new areas is called the Cool Hole. It also showcases a whole new promotion saying there is a special feature if you have a Black or White game and a Black 2 or White 2 game registered. This promotion is currently unknown. It also shows that the C-Gear makes a new look return in Black 2 & White 2.
Finally, it announced that the Global Trade Station feature of the Global Link, long hinted at last year, finally will appear in this version. You'll be able to check your own history on the GTS and check various statistics
The Global Link will go down on June 5th and will be re-opened with this look on June 21st
pglb2w2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.