• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I'm hoping for in lieu of move tutors, some changes to the TMs. TMs can't be traded, meaning they have no excuse as to why they can't just change which move a TM teaches mid-generation. Crap like Incinerate and Quash would be replaced by the elemental punches, and so forth.

Also, any of you ever notice that when a Shiny Pokémon escapes a thrown ball, it doesn't sparkle again like in Generation IV? I'm hoping that gets fixed.

Ludwig

I'm hoping for in lieu of move tutors, some changes to the TMs. TMs can't be traded, meaning they have no excuse as to why they can't just change which move a TM teaches mid-generation. Crap like Incinerate and Quash would be replaced by the elemental punches, and so forth.

Also, any of you ever notice that when a Shiny Pokémon escapes a thrown ball, it doesn't sparkle again like in Generation IV? I'm hoping that gets fixed.

Sleep talk needs to become a TM again.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ugh, why isn't this on 3DS?

Because not everyone actually owns the system and Nintendo would probably benefit more by releasing it on a system that most people actually own rather than one that only about a half portion of Pokemon Players don't have /can't afford.
There are 3D features if you have the 3DS though.

I'd like to see Pokemon following you again. Also, I'm hoping they have a way to transfer over pokedex data. Transferring hundreds of Pokemon each game is getting annoying.

Ace of Shades

I'd like to see Pokemon following you again. Also, I'm hoping they have a way to transfer over pokedex data. Transferring hundreds of Pokemon each game is getting annoying.

I would love for pokemon to follow you again. The pokedex data doesn't really have worried. You can easily catch all the Unova Pokemon and any other pokemon there, Like in HG/SS they could have ways for you to get previous gen starters, and if there is a region branching off from Unova it could have a ton of pokemon from other generations so it wouldn't be too many pokemon.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

There's no need for it to sparkle again, it just takes more time. You already know it's shiny anyway.

Because not everyone actually owns the system and Nintendo would probably benefit more by releasing it on a system that most people actually own rather than one that only about a half portion of Pokemon Players don't have /can't afford.

Not really. It would be a system seller, no question, and the 3DS has been selling fantastically lately. The bigger reason would be that it's much faster to develop a game using an engine you already have than it is to start over again.

Grey Wind

I would assume that it's because of the fact that they would have to completely rework the game, while with Black and White 2 you can just use the same engine as Black and White. It's disappointing, but oh well.

Uh, no there aren't. As far as I know the only mention of the 3DS in regards to BW2 was that you can play them on it.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
3ds

I really wanted to see these games on the 3DS too, with updated 3D graphics etc. But if Nintendo/GameFreak release the games on DS then they have the potential to reach a larger target audience, which would equate to more sales, and the 3DS kind of had a rocky start, so I think it was a safe option to develop for a console which already has sturdy foundations.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Even though it's an nds game, it'd be good if it got special features if you play it on 3ds. Example: Cut-scenes in 3d if played on the 3ds. Even better would be battles, or the whole game in 3d, but I doubt that that would be made because it's primarily an nds game. (But it would also be unfortunate because I have a European 3ds and would therefore have to wait for the game to be released in Europe to use the 3d features. It would still be playable on my nds lite though.)

You can't have a game thats compatible for both the 3DS and the DS and isn't just a DS game. The only chance for this is a 3DS game and a DS game, like HM:To2T. Anyways, those things you talked about wouldn't sell, the 3D effect on the 3DS isn't as important as advertised. Its more of a gimmick. I'm not derating the 3DS; it has a lot of other great stuff, but the 3D isn't worth ten extra bucks.

cantab

Running with the possibility (which I consider unlikely) that BW2 are set after BW, and that saves might be transferable, here's an idea. Early in BW2, you meet the BW1 protagonist near the Pokemon DayCare. He says his Pokemon had an egg, but he has too many Pokemon so he wants you to take care of it. He then says he can't remember which of his Pokemon had it - and you get the option to connect to a BW1 game and pick two Pokemon in it to make the egg!

Ludwig

You can't have a game thats compatible for both the 3DS and the DS and isn't just a DS game. The only chance for this is a 3DS game and a DS game, like HM:To2T. Anyways, those things you talked about wouldn't sell, the 3D effect on the 3DS isn't as important as advertised. Its more of a gimmick. I'm not derating the 3DS; it has a lot of other great stuff, but the 3D isn't worth ten extra bucks.

The game will be released almost 18 months after the 3ds was released, so it would be possible to make it primarily an nds game but having a bit of code in it that reacts to a 3ds. It probably wouldn't make it sell more, but all games have features that isn't important for advertising.

Saph

Rapscallion
Should be for the 3DS. I would have rather waited longer for a well-made 3DS game than a game that will be limited to DS features.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Running with the possibility (which I consider unlikely) that BW2 are set after BW, and that saves might be transferable, here's an idea. Early in BW2, you meet the BW1 protagonist near the Pokemon DayCare. He says his Pokemon had an egg, but he has too many Pokemon so he wants you to take care of it. He then says he can't remember which of his Pokemon had it - and you get the option to connect to a BW1 game and pick two Pokemon in it to make the egg!

The problem is you'd require another DS to do that, and I doubt they'd implement a one time feature requiring a second system.

Should be for the 3DS. I would have rather waited longer for a well-made 3DS game than a game that will be limited to DS features.

You'll get your well-made 3DS game, that's why this game is being released. To give us something while we wait.

ebevan91

Hopefully we'll be encountering wild Pokemon from previous gens earlier in this game than in B/W.

rocky505

Vs seeker
Gym rematches
Move pool changes(snivy needs work badly)
Tutors
New trainers
New areas
Plasma admins

ebevan91

Vs seeker
Gym rematches
Move pool changes(snivy needs work badly)
Tutors
New trainers
New areas
Plasma admins

All of those are a must.

Vs. Seeker and gym rematches the most. The Nimbasa stadiums are getting kinda old.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Hopefully we'll be encountering wild Pokemon from previous gens earlier in this game than in B/W.

I wouldn't mind this, however, the reason that their are no previous generation Pokémon prior to after the battle with N is to highlight how isolated and distant Unova is from the rest of the Pokémon regions.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hope there are more areas to explore and the trainers have more pokemon. It would be nice if there were new version exclusives as well.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Source for the 3D features?

Status
Not open for further replies.