• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kall El

..Silence..
Obviously, he won't spill everything on the issue. I think he knows that people are very eager for information so he's teasing us with bits of information.

We've yet to see the scans. We don't even know how many pages are dedicated to this game.

Yeah that's true, it's that very hope that's keeping me sane :]
I do hope we get some in-game screenshots thought at the least.

rocky505

We still need to see Keldeo's body. Plus there could be stuff the guy missed in scans(like how someone noticed the plasma chicks)

Kall El

..Silence..
We still need to see Keldeo's body. Plus there could be stuff the guy missed in scans(like how someone noticed the plasma chicks)

Mhmm :] on the plus side, the rumour of there being a screenshot of two different Plasma teams is great news.
We can be expecting a very intense storyline with that being almost confirmed :]

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Even if there's not a lot of info here, the game comes out in what, a week and a half? We don't have long to wait.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
The Leaker better just be teasing us. I was hoping for a boatload of new info, like other people, especially the possible revelation of a sub-region off of Unova.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
And I'm guessing you need a 3DS to unlock the C Gear's ability to find other C gears near you? Either that or there was literally no-one in my university who played Pokemon, because I carried that damn thing around for *weeks* in my bag in sleep mode [aging DS lite] -_-

Hmm, maybe it doesn't do it for sleep mode :l. People probably just had their DS open all the time at my old school. Did you ever open yours? Like at lunch or something?

I was playing on a DSi, but many other people were on DS lites. I think the DSi has a more powerful signal or something.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Of course there will be more info in the scans. o_O
The leaker said that Elesa appears in the magazine and I don't think they will show only her and let the other leaders out.

R_N

People expecting them to spill every major thing about the game before it releases in like 10 days might be shmidge overhyped

If anything, what the guy was teasing will probably be the most "major" anything we get out of this month.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Well, I am expecting what we got before the Black and White release in 2010.
If my memory serves me right, they revealed all Gym Leaders in the magazine, before the game release...

I don't expect them to reveal nothing plot-wise or what is behind the ice on the map. I want to discover this when I play the game.

kemal07

If my memory serves me right, they revealed all Gym Leaders in the magazine, before the game release...

I don't expect them to reveal nothing plot-wise or what is behind the ice on the map. I want to discover this when I play the game.

I'm pretty sure we only had the Triplets, Lenora, Burgh and Elesa... we got art of Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden and Iris after the release...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Of course there will be more info in the scans. o_O
The leaker said that Elesa appears in the magazine and I don't think they will show only her and let the other leaders out.

Yeah, it could be like last time when he teased that it showcased Brock and Giovanni when it actually featured a slew of Gym Leaders/Champions.

R_N

I'm pretty sure we only had the Triplets, Lenora, Burgh and Elesa... we got art of Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden and Iris after the release...

This is kind of correct. The vast bulk of the BW corocoro reveals were, of course, the Pokemon. In fact, the September CoroCoro revealed almost nothing but Pokemon, in addition to a few minor tidbits about DreamWorld, type match ups, the other two triplets*, and more about the Zorua/Zoroark event. August's CoroCoro wasn't much "better."

*before the games released, they revealed Cilan, Lenora in August and then showed Chili & Cress (and Cilan & Lenora again) in September. We never saw Burgh or Elesa until the manual leaked.

Ver-mont

No, not really. CoroCoro revealed the triplets and Lenora, but we discovered all the other Unova Gym Leaders when someone took photos of the game manual. Then technically they already revealed more now than then, since counting Elesa in this issue they showcased four Leaders.

But you're right, they probably won't say anything about the ice on the map yet.

Cerex

I hope Spiky-Eared Pichu is able to transfer over. It could have been an issue with the develop for B/W, but they have had enough time now to send it over. Do we still not know if Pokemon will be able to follow you?

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I hope Spiky-Eared Pichu is able to transfer over. It could have been an issue with the develop for B/W, but they have had enough time now to send it over. Do we still not know if Pokemon will be able to follow you?

You're kidding right. SE Pichu can't be traded/transferred to any games because it got sk changed from its time travel experiences. And still no confirmation, however Alder asking us a favor of 'Walking with our Pokemon' still does help does help the possibility lf it.

R_N

You're kidding right. SE Pichu can't be traded/transferred to any games because it got sk changed from its time travel experiences. And still no confirmation, however Alder asking us a favor of 'Walking with our Pokemon' still does help does help the possibility lf it.

Just because that was the excuse in HGSS doesn't mean they can't retcon it

LET ME EVOLVE YOU, DAMN IT

R_N

That would mean they would have to bypass HGSS restrictions on its trading/transfer...and may I once again draw the BW1 Compatibility Card?
BW1 compatibility means nothing because BW2 could do whatever to accomodate it. Consider it a new form, make it look like normal pichu, what ever. I'm sure BW2's poketransfer could okay it if they wanted to, anyway.
And, also, the 4 new not-in-BW1 forms kind of goes in the face of BW1 compatibility.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
BW1 compatibility means nothing because BW2 could do whatever to accomodate it. Consider it a new form, make it look like normal pichu, what ever. I'm sure BW2's poketransfer could okay it if they wanted to, anyway.
And, also, the 4 new not-in-BW1 forms kind of goes in the face of BW1 compatibility.

This is probably the fifth time I've said this: when battling the formes, such as the Sacred Beasts, they will show up in the formes accesible in the original games, a la the Genies. This applies for the genies, kyurem, giratina, etc.
Besides wouldn't making SE Pichu a regular pichu sprite make it not what it is? Perosnally I don't have a SE Pichu, I think it does look cool but really it's a 100% pointless forme. It was introduced only to promote the Arceus movie. SE Pichu was corrupted from its time travels with Celebi that it couldn't evolve or be traded. Think about the games deeper. You're trying to force something to be even more corrupted by even two MORE years of time travel

Which leads me onto trade between BW1 and BW2, will it be a sort of time-capsule device... Or something else? Regular trade doesn't seem logical due to the fact that there's a two-year gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.