• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

This is probably the fifth time I've said this: when battling the formes, such as the Sacred Beasts, they will show up in the formes accesible in the original games, a la the Genies. This applies for the genies, kyurem, giratina, etc.
That's great.
What's stopping them from doing the same to SEP. I could see them not doing it in HGSS to allow for DPt but times have apparently changed, yeah?
Besides wouldn't making SE Pichu a regular pichu sprite make it not what it is? Perosnally I don't have a SE Pichu, I think it does look cool but really it's a 100% pointless forme. It was introduced only to promote the Arceus movie. SE Pichu was corrupted from its time travels with Celebi that it couldn't evolve or be traded. Think about the games deeper. You're trying to force something to be even more corrupted by even two MORE years of time travel
The Time Travel thing was just an excuse to not give Spiky Eared Pikachu & Raichu and to not let it battle DPt players.

If you insist on making this be "consistent" I can fix this easily:
SEP originally came from the BW2 era. It can, thus, go there just fine. Hooray!

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
That's great.
What's stopping them from doing the same to SEP. I could see them not doing it in HGSS to allow for DPt but times have apparently changed, yeah?

The Time Travel thing was just an excuse to not give Spiky Eared Pikachu & Raichu and to not let it battle DPt players.

If you insist on making this be "consistent" I can fix this easily:
SEP originally came from the BW2 era. It can, thus, go there just fine. Hooray!

No need to be snarky in the first place, I'm just trying to get my point out there. What's stopping them from doing it to SEP is the fact that ALL of the others that it applies to have interchangable forms and at least one of the forms appeared in the other game.

My whole point about SEP in the first place was just saying that they won't do it, they haven't done it in the place and most likely won't do it again. Just let things be. SEP is just another pokemon thats stuck in Johto. If you really want it so bad, why don't you just go the Celebi's Shrine and pray to all the Celebis in the universe to send SEP to Unova in the BW2 era.

R_N

Guys stop the presses

Sing Piplup to be a wifi event for BW2!!!!!!!
g
guys?

why are the presses still going
guys no wait come back

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Hold up a sec..

Serebii Main Site said:
PokéTransfer works between all DS games

..So..

We can Poke-transfer from B/W -> B/W2??

If so, then that would be grand..GRAND. Catching boxloads of pokemon to trade my previous group to the next game was..*shudder*

Last edited:

ilovedeino

Deino Master
Hold up a sec..

..So..

We can Poke-transfer from B/W -> B/W2??

If so, then THANK THE HEAVENS

I thought it was confirmed you could trade with B/W once you get the C-Gear, I think it's talking about 4th Gen games.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
FFUUUUUU-

..Ah, well..I'll live :T Everything else looks pretty snazzy, though.

DAT KELDEO. Looks a-lot cooler than before..Hopefully it plays just as well :B

Last edited:
Serebii was mistaken, he edited in the Generation IV qualifer
Still have to trade between BW1 & 2!

NOOOOOOO!!!! i was hoping theyd do away with that, its a waste of time, and does it make sense to trade with someone from 2 years ago?

Fero

Food lover
Hello , does anyone think that we might be able to actually surf lava ( by introducing a new move that is ) . There are some pokemon that are mentioned to be able to live in lava ( rhydon , magkargo ..etc) so it's doable . But Idk what do you think ?

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
Hello , does anyone think that we might be able to actually surf lava ( by introducing a new move that is ) . There are some pokemon that are mentioned to be able to live in lava ( rhydon , magkargo ..etc) so it's doable . But Idk what do you think ?

If we can surf in it, we should be able to dive in it...

Rio!

Composer
NOOOOOOO!!!! i was hoping theyd do away with that, its a waste of time, and does it make sense to trade with someone from 2 years ago?

Really now, how else are you supposed to move your Pokemon? It's still in the same generation. Due to the new Club Room Trading mechanics, it's actually even easier since your Boxes will be present without having to take multiple trips back to the PC.

Although, you'd end up having to catch as many wild Pokemon as the ones you plan on trading over. That part would be a pain. XD

ilovedeino

Deino Master

They wouldn't, it's mid-generation, if it becomes a move, it will be 6th gen, which is still unlikely, plus that idea was used a while back when the hack Light Platinum was made.
----------------------------------
I am interested how they added all these new things, Pokewood, the Dream Radar, I can't wait to try them, I also would like to know what Pokemon Akuroma would use, if we battle him.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
They wouldn't, it's mid-generation, if it becomes a move, it will be 6th gen, which is still unlikely, plus that idea was used a while back when the hack Light Platinum was made.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not expecting this to actually happen.

I don't see how this limits the possibility. If the game were to treat the stuff as water, then we'd be able to surf on it. By simply using the HM Surf.

lisalynn

By simply using the HM Surf.

It couldn't just use Surf, no Lapras should be able to Surf across lava and no Magcargo should be able to Surf across water. We'd need a Surf alternative that fire/whatever types could use out of battle and in battle effectively without throwing off types. Like Magma Ride or something.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Such a shitty CoroCoro this month...

But okay, it's less than two weeks until the release. I can wait.

Kall El

..Silence..
Took its time to leak but I guess I'm pleased overall..
All the new locations and apparent BIG improvements in old cities is great to hear :]
Nice to see Elesa with so much change, I wonder if other leaders will get the same treatment..
- Only a week or so left before the games are released, I guess this issue will keep me sane till then!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

I know. Then again, the info leak once the game comes out will be amazing.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Well, we really can't expect them to spoil everything.
And you've said it yourself, the game will be released next week.

But hey, they might update the official site with other tidbits that wasn't in CoroCoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.