• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Well, we really can't expect them to spoil everything.
And you've said it yourself, the game will be released next week.

But hey, they might update the official site with other tidbits that wasn't in CoroCoro.

Usually the site update contains less material than CoroCoro.

But I'm hoping for some juicy trailer to be revealed soon.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Usually the site update contains less material than CoroCoro.

But I'm hoping for some juicy trailer to be revealed soon.

Most likely we're done with info until next week. While yes, a trailer would be nice, it seems unlikely now. We're so close to the release date, even Smash is only supposed to be showcasing some Meloetta footage.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Different cave between versions. One game is Water based, while the other is Magma based.

Oh great, here come the conspiracy theorists.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Oh great, here come the conspiracy theorists.

Pretty sure all of us 'conspiracy theorists' as you call us, were already thinking things the moment Serebii said it. We don't know what the caves hold anyways. The magma cave looks to have a trainer in it, and one or both look to have an item in them (I may be mistaken).

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
R2/S2 on the wayz!! Derpderp.
just kidding.
but i do think it's really coincidental that there's a magma and aqua(i mean water) based cave.

Grei

not the color
Hello , does anyone think that we might be able to actually surf lava ( by introducing a new move that is ) . There are some pokemon that are mentioned to be able to live in lava ( rhydon , magkargo ..etc) so it's doable . But Idk what do you think ?

I doubt it. Lava is so insanely hot that any Pokemon that are able to use Surf, but aren't able to live in lava would be immediately cooked and killed. And it's doubtful that we'll get some sort of feature where you need a specific lava-dwelling Pokemon in order to ride through lava. Since the lava is in one cave only, I imagine we just won't be able to (read: won't have to) traverse it.

Hyper_Beam_Attack

Akuroma is allied with plasma, he's in the airship, just a hunch. Disliked how they chose not to give previous leaders/champions NEW artwork.
I bet Poké-Smash will show some sort of gameplay(focusing it on Keldeo's forms changing). I'm looking forward to it, anybody else?
Also, the lava/magma and water caves are indeed foreshadowing something. Regardless of what anybody says. STOP BEING IN DENIAL. It's inexorable, it'll happen.

diakyu

I think aqua represents zekrom/b2 (because we already have a electric cave) and magma/fire reps resharim/w2 because if its typing
Thank you! someone who actually knows why the caves are there. Blue represents zek. While red represents resh.

diakyu

How a colour represents an entire being baffles me. Just think about it, makes no sense that WATER represents an ICE or DRAGON poké.
Water is blue, which is used to represent zekrom (why blue equal electricity is beyond me). Which is why it is in B2(since kyurem uses some of zekrom's power).

Ver-mont

Disliked how they chose not to give previous leaders/champions NEW artwork.
Who's that black-haired Electric-type Gym Leader then, someone new?

Brycen and Alder are the only ones we can be sure weren't redesigned. Brycen because he probably isn't a Leader anymore and will have tons of outfits in Pokéwood. The returning Leaders will probably have changed a little over these two years.

Grei

not the color
Water is blue, which is used to represent zekrom (why blue equal electricity is beyond me). Which is why it is in B2(since kyurem uses some of zekrom's power).

Zekrom's electricity is blue, and electricity in reality is usually a bluish white, not yellow like it's depicted in Pokemon.

diakyu

Ah thanks. I always wondered why it was blue when all the other electric type's electricity is yellow.

Hyper_Beam_Attack

Who's that black-haired Electric-type Gym Leader then, someone new?

Brycen and Alder are the only ones we can be sure weren't redesigned. Brycen because he probably isn't a Leader anymore and will have tons of outfits in Pokéwood. The returning Leaders will probably have changed a little over these two years.

Has GF released NEW leaders after B/W2? No. Therefore Unova's leaders are still NEW, not BRAND NEW, but NEW. (As in most recently released.)
GF gave Elesa a new design, but can't/won't give previous leaders/champions NEW designs? That's just...interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.