• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuser987

How about lava plume an alternative to surf. They both hit multiple pokemon. And Fire spin can go into quakes of the earth that or oozing lava.

Ver-mont

Has GF released NEW leaders after B/W2? No. Therefore Unova's leaders are still NEW, not BRAND NEW, but NEW. (As in most recently released.)
GF gave Elesa a new design, but can't/won't give previous leaders/champions NEW designs? That's just...interesting.

Oh, I get what you're saying. World Tournament. I think it was kinda lazy not to give them any redesign since much time has passed since they last appeared, yes.

diakyu

Oh, I get what you're saying. World Tournament. I think it was kinda lazy not to give them any redesign since much time has passed since they last appeared, yes.
That would take a lot of time. So i understand why they didn't do it.

Hyper_Beam_Attack

Zekrom's electricity is blue, and electricity in reality is usually a bluish white, not yellow like it's depicted in Pokemon.

Still, why would they promote so much BLUE electricity(Zekrom) in the past few years?
In the past, electric types attacks have been depicted YELLOW, at least most of them.

Has GF released NEW leaders after B/W2? No. Therefore Unova's leaders are still NEW, not BRAND NEW, but NEW. (As in most recently released.)
GF gave Elesa a new design, but can't/won't give previous leaders/champions NEW designs? That's just...interesting.

We haven't seen the other leaders return yet...but they will, probably with redesigns. Be more patient.

Ver-mont

Still, why would they promote so much BLUE electricity(Zekrom) in the past few years?
In the past, electric types attacks have been depicted YELLOW, at least most of them.

Just to be stylish and make it stand out, probably.

...Or they wanted a "cold" color to contrast with Reshiram's "warm" secondary color, red, but we can't be sure.

Hyper_Beam_Attack

We haven't seen the other leaders return yet...but they will, probably with redesigns. Be more patient.

I doubt the rest of the previous leaders will have new designs. Simply because Kanto's didn't get redesign. I could be wrong. Who knows!?

Magnemite's line electricity is blue so ... Since Gen I we know it

That's news to me. But...
..in the games or just the animé?
Either way, GF didn't promote that electricity as much as with Zekrom.
My question is: Why would GF promote so much BLUE electricity? Why blue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Well it has that blue tip on Zekroms head, meaning it produces blue electricity

What other color would they use besides blue? I mean, Zekrom sprite in B/W glows blue, it wouldn't make much sense to use another color besides blue.
Zekrom's electricity is blue, and electricity in reality is usually a bluish white, not yellow like it's depicted in Pokemon.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I don't understand why they'd bother making potentially 40+ new designs for what amounts to a cameo. That's more character art than they have for actual new characters in each game.

More than 5 years passed (In the Pokemon World) and the characters aren't immune to aging.
Also, the leaders in Kanto were just cameos in GSC/HGSS and yet they received new sprites and artworks.

Unless the World Tournament isn't related to the plot of the game (what I doubt, since it was mentioned by Cynthia), to me, it is lazy work.

What I don't understand is how someone is OK with this. You guys sure love to praise everything Game Freak does, be it a good thing or not.

Hyper_Beam_Attack

Maybe they wanted it to look "special", maybe they wanted a cold hue to contrast Reshiram's warm red, maybe they thought it looked better on his design. I don't see what's the problem, really.

There's no problem actually. Just a question. Why would Gf promote BLUE lightning/electricity to contrast RED?
When in the past, they depicted most lightning/electricity as YELLOW. If they're not hinting at anything, they could've used Yellow.

Ver-mont

There's no problem actually. Just a question. Why would Gf promote BLUE lightning/electricity to contrast RED?
When in the past, they depicted most lightning/electricity as YELLOW. If they're not hinting at anything, they could've used Yellow.

I think it's just a question of design, probably. Just like they made Reshiram look more "natural" and Zekrom more "artificial", Reshiram more airy and Zekrom more tough, Reshiram feathery/furry and Zekrom smooth, they might simply have wanted to give Reshiram warm colors and Zekrom cold colors, adding to contrast.

ninjanerd

I think it's just a question of design, probably. Just like they made Reshiram look more "natural" and Zekrom more "artificial", Reshiram more airy and Zekrom more tough, Reshiram feathery/furry and Zekrom smooth, they might simply have wanted to give Reshiram warm colors and Zekrom cold colors, adding to contrast.

I agree; yellow against red does not have the same effect as blue against red.

Aurath8

More than 5 years passed (In the Pokemon World) and the characters aren't immune to aging.
Also, the leaders in Kanto were just cameos in GSC/HGSS and yet they received new sprites and artworks.

Pokemon characters tend not to age. Once they reach adulthood. As for GSCHGSS, they were gym leaders, not just cameos. You actually went out and collected badges rather than just fighting them in a tournament.

Unless the World Tournament isn't related to the plot of the game (what I doubt, since it was mentioned by Cynthia), to me, it is lazy work.

Since the WT uses 3 on 3 Battle Frontier-esque battles, it looks like it will just be a bit of fanservice and won't be related at all with the plot. I think if it was more important, they would show that they put more effort into it.

What I don't understand is how someone is OK with this. You guys sure love to praise everything Game Freak does, be it a good thing or not.

I think the WT will be a nice addition (alongside the battle frontier, of course). We don't quite enough details about it, so I might just skip it once I reach it in-game. It's not exactly hindering me, so I see no reason to dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.