• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I want to know what the obsession with the Poke Toy & Fluffy Tail is

There's a few sidequests that end with getting one of those and it's just...why

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I'm curious as to how many other people have gotten the random event at the Nacrene City cafe to occur for them.

Basically, if you talk to the changing customer on the lower floor, there's a random chance on a given day that they'll have a handkerchief that belongs to one of the other regulars, which you'll be asked to return to them, after which the customer who made the request will give you a Poke Toy (At least for the first time you complete it) when you talk to them the next time they show up.

I find it hard to believe that such a rare event would only have such a pitiful reward, as I've been checking the cafe every single day since I've had access to Nacrene City, and had it occur only one time so far.
It is really that rare? The girl with the Pansage gave me the Grubby Hanky the very first time I walked in there...

Rakurai

She didn't give it to me for at least three weeks or so.

As I said, it seems to be completely random.

I want to know what the obsession with the Poke Toy & Fluffy Tail is

There's a few sidequests that end with getting one of those and it's just...why

Ya. I ended up keeping mine till post game thinking they were for something within the game only to find out they were still garbage :(

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Well Fluffy Tails are a rare item, since you could only get them in mass via RSE, Really though, they should have just stuck to Poke Dolls, and just changed the doll design depending on the region.

Well Fluffy Tails are a rare item, since you could only get them in mass via RSE, Really though, they should have just stuck to Poke Dolls, and just changed the doll design depending on the region.

Why would they have to change the designs though? Just make them have the Substitute sprite

Darkaj

Trainer of Legends
I have been looking for this info, but cannot seem to find it. If I get the White Forest in Black 2, do I get the Shiny Dratini at the end like the Gible in Black Tower?

Thanks!

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I have been looking for this info, but cannot seem to find it. If I get the White Forest in Black 2, do I get the Shiny Dratini at the end like the Gible in Black Tower?

Thanks!
No. You can't even fight Benga in White Treehollow if you're playing Black 2.

Darkaj

Trainer of Legends

gobier182

Hey, so I'm trying to breed some Pokémon for the VGC and I am starting for a Ferrothorn at the moment. So I'm trying to breed good ivs and I am attaching the specific iv holding bands to send down the ivs I want. Yet, I'm trying something I thought would work and it appears to be failing me.

I have two Ferroseeds. One has 31 in Att and the other has 31 in Def so I attach their respective bands to pass them down to the Pokémon that will be made from their union. Yet they only will produce a Pokémon that has an iv of 31 in one of those stats, not two. I was able to do this in Black but it seems like Black 2 that changed or I am forgetting what how I did it before. Am I missing something or is there a way to still pass both of their 31's?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Rakurai

You can only pass down one IV at a time reliably.

Having two Pokemon holding a power item will result in one of the respective IVs being passed down at random.

Therefore, it's better to just pick one Pokemon to pass down an IV with, and have the other pass down the correct nature using an Everstone.

gobier182

You can only pass down one IV at a time reliably.

Having two Pokemon holding a power item will result in one of the respective IVs being passed down at random.

So have one hold it and hope the other passes down along with it? Depressing but I guess its all I've got to go on. That being said, how easy is it to RNG breed?

Rakurai

I wouldn't know, since I don't RNG at all, and having to spend maybe a hour on average to get a borderline flawless Pokemon without it doesn't bother me.

Though I do know that's it's much more annoying, if not impossible to do it in B/W 2 because of how the first egg you receive from the daycare man upon loading a save will always be the same, even if you reset.

gobier182

Okay, thanks for the help. I never RNGed before either and was just thinking about it due to timing. I'm auditioning for MFA programs in January so I wasn't certain if I'd have enough time between getting two different things ready. My future and this VGC event in the winter.

Thanks for the help!

SoftRockStar

Is it possible to get a female Eevee from Fennel after beating the game?

Rakurai

No.

It's always male, meaning you'll need to get one from the Dream World or from a trade.

Aurath8

Or they could just not have them at all. The Smoke Ball serves their purpose except it can be used infinitely, and repels are as abundant as ever and wild pokemon are never troubling except if they have Explosion/Selfdestruct. I really don't see a niche for them.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Status
Not open for further replies.