• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

schumaga

I think they'll include some relevant 3DS features. After all, Nintendo wants to promote it's new product! If it makes people buy it, then the definite transition of the Pokemon franchise from the DS to the 3DS can be made, eventually. I for one bought a 3DS with the perspective of playing Pokemon on it!

My guess is that they'll make the game look nicer on the 3DS, using better sprites/3D models maybe.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Since these games are going to be direct sequels to Black and White versions , I do though hope we could get a similar situation to XD. That being since that they could have the games set X amount of years (more than likely 5) after the events of Black and White. Then that would perfect since is if that Kyurem's new forms are something similar to be like Shadow Lugia in XD. Though the only thing that would be better if that they could make Kyurem's new forms to something like how Deoxys was in the third gen games. But hey , I'm just going to leave the rest of my current speculation listed below with "*" to indicate the new ideas.

*Kyurem's new forms are due from Team Plasma mixing Reshiram's/Zekrom's DNA with Kyurem.
*New Battle Frontier located on a island that is close to the Unova region.
*Cynthia would give the player a Sinnoh Starter when you reach Undella Town.
*Skyla would fly the player to the New Battle Frontier in her plane.
*Iris would be the main gym leader in Opelucid Gym since Drayden retired.
*The Striaton Gym would be a Triple Battle match against all of the brothers.
*Rematches against the Gym Leaders but just like how it was in Emerald.
*There should be some sort of thing that would hype us up for MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire.

That is all that I have for now. I though would give some more when I think of some.

Tom Greenville

A good fraction think that it'll happen in Hoenn, others in a whole new region.

My thought splits the difference:

The Time: About a month after BW1
The Place: Oore.
N would have just arrived in the region.

1. You would play as Wes/Rui's child (you still specify the gender) This assumes that Colosseum 1 is concurrent with Gen I/III (ergo, This being about 11-15 years later). You start at either Gateon Port or the very same Outskirt stand that Wes started his journey from. (Which is now a vibrant village.)

2. As such, the wild Pokemon population of Oore is restored and, thanks to the Indigo Invasion, is a mixture of all seen generations (with the possible exception of Sinnoh Natives). Your starter will be a Gen V starter, but instead of the PanTrio, your "counter-counter-starter" will be from Gen II. (i.e. if you start with :495:, you'll eventually get ;158;.) (Or they could give you a Gen II starter straight up.)

3. Mostly Character & Plot Stuff, see that thread (Post #200 :( )

4. Oore has expanded enough (or filled in enough gaps) so that it could have its own Battle League. Pyrite and Phenix Colosseums are replaced by Gyms (led by Silva and Justy respectively) and Agate has a Gym under Eagun. The Mt. Battle Challenge has been remodeled as the Site of Oore's Victory Rd. and Elite 4 (Who include Mirror B and Eldes, wither either the latter or Michael being the Region's Champion.) Each stage only opens after obtaining that many badges with the exception of Stages 8-10 all requiring only 8 Badges. You won't need all 8 Badges in order to "end" the game, but it does help... Even still, after all 8 Badges are collected, Mt. Battle will be on Lockdown until EndGame.

5. Mostly Character & Plot Stuff, see that thread (Post #200 :( )

6. Wes & his kid will take a page from Golden Sun Dark Dawn and have smilie options for some conversations. (Glad, Funny, Sad, Angry)

7. Gateon Port may or may not have a Gym. But various activities from the Past 3 Generations will be featured in the game:
The Realgem Complex is the site of both the Pokeathalon and various Frontier Challenges.
Either Gateon or Phenix (if the latter, the Gym would be the Pre-Gym) would host Contests and Musicals. Alternating between Hoenn-Style Contests and Unova-Style Musicals, with Sinnoh-Style Super Contests on Fridays.

Again, all my personal speculation.

Lucario Wolf: For your Striation idea, I'd save that for the rematch.

cantab

It was talked about that the games would have extended features if played on the DSi or 3DS, that probably means that the games will be able to connect to password protected routers and that the interior camera will probably be used for video conferencing with friends again.
Meaning DSi features, just like BW1 had.

I don't doubt that Game Freak would love to make a DS game that's "3DS enhanced", for example making use of the wider top screen and even the 3D. But from what I've heard, I don't believe its possible.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I don't think those are tunnels, those are train-garages (or whatever they're called)

There's only 5 tunnels, but there's 7 types of trains.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I hope there are more Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. It wasn't really fair (to me) that one version featured a couple of one type and then introduced you to the other one for...just one time.

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
I hope there are more Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. It wasn't really fair (to me) that one version featured a couple of one type and then introduced you to the other one for...just one time.

Those battle types were way too underdone. I totally agree with this. There was too much media about the battle styles but not enough battles. A gym leader doing it would be cool.

Pilpulp

美的
I hope they don't just make everything look a bit fancier, they should focus a lot on the main story instead of the after story (my opinion) because they got the after story perfect the first time. They should maybe introduce new characters it would be interesting if they brought cyrus back or something.

Mishie

Raichu lover
They should allow acces to Kanto region...expand the game more. ( i taked this from the anime, i still think that Kanto is nearest region to Unova)
Keldeo in challenges cave, because the one ace trainer is saying something about legendary pokemon in that cave.

Gym leader rosters:

Gym 1
Cilan, Cress, Chili: Triple battle/Rotation battle. The three at once.
Pokemon: Pansage, Pansear, Panpour.
Rematch team (You fight them separately this time):
Cilan- Simisage, Cacturne, Sawsbuck, Ludicolo, Vileplume, Tropius
Cress- Simipour, Crawdaunt, Jellicent, Tentacruel, Slowbro, Lapras
Chili- Simisear, Houndoom, Darmanitan, Magmortar, Magcargo, Torkoal

Gym 2
Lenora: Harder puzzles, actual riddles involved.
Pokemon: Watchog, Herdier, Audino
Rematch team: Stoutland, Watchog, Blissey, Bibarel, Girafarig, Togekiss

Gym 3
Burgh: You have to beat each trainer in the gym who will then summon their bug type Pokemon to clear away the spider's webs that appear instead of the honey. The honey walls are still there a little as well.
Pokemon: Whirlipede, Dwebble, Swadloon, Leavanny
Rematch team: Volcarona, Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Scizor, Heracross

Gym 4
Elesa: There are more trainers in the gym, and the circuit is more complicated.
Pokemon: Emolga, Zebstrika, Emolga, Tynamo, Joltik
Rematch team: Zebstrika, Emolga, Galvantula, Eelektross, Lanturn, Luxray

Gym 5
Clay: Clay's gym is now a complicated system of Excadrill tunnels.
Pokemon: Krokorok, Stunfisk, Palipitaod, Excadrill
Rematch team: Krookodile, Seismitoad, Excadrill, Garchomp, Mamoswine, Rhyperior

Can't be bothered to do the others.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
They should allow acces to Kanto region...expand the game more. ( i taked this from the anime, i still think that Kanto is nearest region to Unova)

Resisting urge to explode into rage.
GAMES ≠ ANIME

Why exactly would Game Freak want to backtrack and send players back into the Kanto region? B/W take place further into the future than the other games, and in all honesty, Kanto has been played all to death.

Tom Greenville

Mishie: Actually, Sinnoh is closer to Unova by way of Great Circle calculations. (New York and Japan are far enough for Great Circle Routes to come into play.) I'd say that a such an arc running from Unova to Kanto would actually go through Sinnoh.

And why does it seem like I'm the only one that remembers Oore...

Proby3: The problem with having a Triple Battle for Gym 1 is that you'd need 3 Pokemon of your own to participate. Otherwise, you're at a disadvantage.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
And why does it seem like I'm the only one that remembers Oore...

Proby3: The problem with having a Triple Battle for Gym 1 is that you'd need 3 Pokemon of your own to participate. Otherwise, you're at a disadvantage.

Maybe because it's spelled "Orre"? Anyway, it's doubtful that Orre will get a mention in the main series games. It has about as much chance as Fiore, Almia, and Oblivia, anyway. It's more likely we'll get a Sevii Islands-esque expansion than a spin-off game region inclusion.

Anyway, if this is a true sequel, the main character doesn't have to start from Nuvema, in which case the Gym Leaders might not be battled in the same order as B/W 1. If the Striaton Triplets are further on the list if Gyms in B/W 2, a triple/rotation battle for the first encounter might be workable. Plus it they aren't encountered until later on, there would be more Pokemon available and less need for the "starter-type" to influence which Leader you face.

Last edited:

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
Maybe because it's spelled "Orre"?

Anyway, if this is a true sequel, the main character doesn't have to start from Nuvema, in which case the Gym Leaders might not be battled in the same order as B/W 1. If the Striaton Triplets are further on the list if Gyms in B/W 2, a triple/rotation battle for the first encounter might be workable. Plus it they aren't encountered until later on, there would be more Pokemon available and less need for the "starter-type" to influence which Leader you face.

See my speculation at top of page 5. And yes that is good. I said Nuvema Town at the end, of the game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope they make Zorua/Zoroark obtainable in these games and not event. I was a bit annoyed they got made into event pokemon (not even legendary pokemon either), I do have them, but some people had missed out on them. I like to see Battle Frontier, Gym rematches, Trainer rematches around Unova and move Tutors. Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Gym leader rosters:

Gym 1
Cilan, Cress, Chili: Triple battle/Rotation battle. The three at once.
Pokemon: Pansage, Pansear, Panpour.
Rematch team (You fight them separately this time):
Cilan- Simisage, Cacturne, Sawsbuck, Ludicolo, Vileplume, Tropius
Cress- Simipour, Crawdaunt, Jellicent, Tentacruel, Slowbro, Lapras
Chili- Simisear, Houndoom, Darmanitan, Magmortar, Magcargo, Torkoal

Gym 2
Lenora: Harder puzzles, actual riddles involved.
Pokemon: Watchog, Herdier, Audino
Rematch team: Stoutland, Watchog, Blissey, Bibarel, Girafarig, Togekiss

Gym 3
Burgh: You have to beat each trainer in the gym who will then summon their bug type Pokemon to clear away the spider's webs that appear instead of the honey. The honey walls are still there a little as well.
Pokemon: Whirlipede, Dwebble, Swadloon, Leavanny
Rematch team: Volcarona, Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Scizor, Heracross

Gym 4
Elesa: There are more trainers in the gym, and the circuit is more complicated.
Pokemon: Emolga, Zebstrika, Emolga, Tynamo, Joltik
Rematch team: Zebstrika, Emolga, Galvantula, Eelektross, Lanturn, Luxray

Gym 5
Clay: Clay's gym is now a complicated system of Excadrill tunnels.
Pokemon: Krokorok, Stunfisk, Palipitaod, Excadrill
Rematch team: Krookodile, Seismitoad, Excadrill, Garchomp, Mamoswine, Rhyperior

Can't be bothered to do the others.

Guess I'll finish it,

Gym 6 Skyla:
Pokemon:Sigilyith,Unfezant,Swanna, Archeops

Rematch: Swanna, Unfezant, Archeops, Staraptor, Skarmory, Swellow

Gym 7: Brycen
Pokemon: Same as before just adding Vanilluxe.

Rematch: Beartic, Vanilluxe, Crynogal,Glalie, Walrein, Delibird.

Gym 8:???
Pokemon: Haxours,Hydregion,Fraxure, Durrigron

Rematch: Haxours,Hydregion,Alteria,FlygonDragonnite.
Someone else can do the elite4.

Tom Greenville

Maybe because it's spelled "Orre"?

To quote a more famous cartoon character than Anime!Pikachu: "DOH!"

It's more likely we'll get a Sevii Islands-esque expansion...

Wouldn't that,as well as the theories based on the game being a sequel in Unova proper, conflict with Looker's report that N went to a "distant land"? Granted, per the precedents set by Gens 3 & 4, a "distant land" to Unova could be Ohio or Virginia. But not Northern New Jersey, the Adirondacks, or Bristol, CT.

Orre just made sense to me in part because of what went on there being a good setting for an atonement quest for N as well as, and more importantly for this thread, being an area based on another part of America where Japanese-area pokemon have been seen (and introduced via the PokeSpots), thereby having a region where you could conceivably obtain species of Pokemon from many other regions without the need for a Poke-Shifter or some other such. Granted, the more the North American continent is fleshed out in terms of species, the better, but if the writers needed a region in NA which had a large Japanese-based population legitimately, (i.e. being a sanctioned invasion for restoration as opposed to what happened in East Unova,) then Orre's already there.

Sprat93

BW & W 2!!!! This is going to be EPIC! I'm hoping for some fancy 3D features and more triple/rotation battles!

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
I think they'll include some relevant 3DS features. After all, Nintendo wants to promote it's new product! If it makes people buy it, then the definite transition of the Pokemon franchise from the DS to the 3DS can be made, eventually. I for one bought a 3DS with the perspective of playing Pokemon on it!

My guess is that they'll make the game look nicer on the 3DS, using better sprites/3D models maybe.

Sadly they wouldn't be able to add specific features that only enhance the game when played on a 3DS, as that would take up too much memory in the cartridge. I think that if they pull off Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 then a lot of people would be hyped about seeing a true main series game on the 3DS.

I hope there are more Triple Battles and Rotation Battles.

This. There really do need to be more, there are a couple of decent ones and the random matchup option but this mechanic wasn't used as much in game as I thought it would be, so yes definitely more of them.

I can't see much in gameplay terms changing apart from some pokemon in different areas, Gym Leaders having different pokemon and a few new environments to explore.

I just cant see the gameplay changing that much in a direct sequel to a popular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.