• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Discuss and speculate the possible changes that may occur in the GAMEPLAY for Black 2 and White 2.
This includes new game features, items, music, etc...

Discussion about the Unova region and the expanded Pokedex belongs to their corresponding threads.

All posts, whether speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Refrain from talking about the RS remakes!
Infractions are waiting for those who will continue to discuss RS remakes and inclusion of the Hoenn region in this game.
Discussion of the said topics are not allowed and will be considered SPAM.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
What I'm expecting to be added:

- The "Pokémon following you around" feature returns, but hopefully this time it'll become optional.
- Gym leader rematches
- Battle Frontier

Kyurem's two signature moves will probably take the spotlight on this version. I would love it if his ability negates the bad side-effect of freeze shock and cold burn. 140 BP and a chance to burn and paralyze without a turn of charge would be a huge upgrade on him.

I'm guessing that we will play a completely different hero this time if this is truly a sequel to gen V games, because we shouldn't have to re-fight the unova gym leaders if we're to be the same boy/girl again.

there's a whole new world to explore...

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I would love it if his ability negates the bad side-effect of freeze shock and cold burn. 140 BP and a chance to burn and paralyze without a turn of charge would be a huge upgrade on him.

that wouldnt really make any sense IMO. what would be the point of having a turn to charge/recharge if his ability negates it? Since this is Kyurem's signature move there is no other pokemon that would have it so the added effect would be kind of pointless. Sure there are event pokemon that could learn these moves, and Smeargle (ha! yeah right) , but i still think it would be a weird ability. I assume Kyurems new ability (if it even gets one, and it should) will be Turbofreeze. another hyped up mold breaker with an epic name that finally matches the ability of the other legendery dragons.

Im hoping for more combo moves aside from the three lame oath attacks and Reshiram/Zekroms combo. How about Hydor Pump/Thunderbolt combo thats superaffective against all pokemon and does massive damge with the ability to paralyze the opponet? sounds to strong, but also to cool :D

R_N

Biggest change will probably be the addition of 5th gen Pokemon to the BW2 dream world.
Then of course there are move tutors. We'll likely get the main stays, probably many of the popular gen 4 tutors, and HOPEFULLY extremespeed. So many pokemon want it, game freak!

Looking through the gen V move list, I could see the following made tutorable:
-Storm Throw
-Circle Throw
-Tail Slap
-Leaf Tornado
-Acid Spray
-Clear Smog
-Synchronoise

You know, moves that are kind of limited in distribution but aren't amazing and could give some extra options here and there

that wouldnt really make any sense IMO. what would be the point of having a turn to charge/recharge if his ability negates it? Since this is Kyurem's signature move there is no other pokemon that would have it so the added effect would be kind of pointless. Sure there are event pokemon that could learn these moves, and Smeargle (ha! yeah right) , but i still think it would be a weird ability. I assume Kyurems new ability (if it even gets one, and it should) will be Turbofreeze. another hyped up mold breaker with an epic name that finally matches the ability of the other legendery dragons.

Normal kyurem forme begs to differ, as he has pressure.Both moves will still need to take a turn to charge. And he can learn those moves as well, but not in any legal way as of now.

---
about the turbofreeze ability, wouldn't that be the same as the normal dragons? What would be a good upgrade for it?

pela

Edit: Oops wrong thread.
Gameplay I just want to see the vs seeker. Also a lot more dream world stuff. Pokemon following you wouldn't hurt either.

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
Edit: Oops wrong thread.
Gameplay I just want to see the vs seeker. Also a lot more dream world stuff. Pokemon following you wouldn't hurt either.

This. So much.

Also, Gym Leader rematches. That theme is too epic to listen to only 8 times.

Southwind

Tropius Rocks!
I don't think they will let Pokémon follow you. Seeing it as a 'sequel' of B/W, the engine will be the same, with a little visual effects added.

The VS Seeker could be an option though. Along with the Battle Frontier. I just think we'll have to wait until they reveal more.

Espectra

The Ghost Type Guru!
I think that GF will treat BW2 just like they would've if it were Pokemon Grey. I think it would be REALLY awesome if they added new evolutions to pokemon, even though its unlikely as the new pokemon wouldn't be compatible with B/W versions, well maybe that's why they made two? Even so, I've heard speculation that Hoenn may be like an after-story in the game, which seems like a sort of sell-out to the whole Hoenn remake thing.

I guess if I were to put my speculation into words:
-New Character Models
-Awesome and Epic new Story
-Updated Towns and Cities
-New Pokemon Rosters for Gym Leaders/E4 (Possibly to increase some difficulty)
-I also have a feeling they MIGHT bring back older pokemon into the Unova dex, just to add some variety to the wild Unova pokes

Flame Mistress

The thing I want the most is either to have added facilities in the Subway to make it more like a Frontier, or replace it with a Frontier completely. Battle Subway was way to boring for me.

Also, VS Seekers, Poké Radars, and HGSS-style Bags would be cool, and they could be possible as this is apparently a sequel.

pela

Secret Bases wheu wheu. This could work perfectly if there was some type of street pass function. I guess tree bases for the RSE remakes with street pass would be insane though, so many possibilities.
I hope there's some 3ds features like there was for GSC and the game boy color

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
.They should have Rematches and every time you beat them they get more powerful
.Make the global trade system have no more hacked pokemon and have a list instead of 6 trades to chose from each time
.Make the Battle subway have more things to do in it

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
I'll just quote Cynthia:

"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

If they don't put this in BW2, I'm gonna be MAD!

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
The thing I want the most is either to have added facilities in the Subway to make it more like a Frontier, or replace it with a Frontier completely. Battle Subway was way to boring for me.

Also, VS Seekers, Poké Radars, and HGSS-style Bags would be cool, and they could be possible as this is apparently a sequel.
That's what i'm hoping for as well. I didn't go to the Subway too much and found it boring so i'm hoping for a Frontier kind of thing.

Gym Leader re-matches would of made B/W a lot better as well, so i'm hoping in some way they can put them in this game.

pela

I'll just quote Cynthia:

"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

If they don't put this in BW2, I'm gonna be MAD!

If they put that though I wonder who will you fight

Kanto/Johto - Lance/Red/Gary
Hoenn - Steven/Wallace/Ruby&Saphire
Sinnoh - Cynthia or the Champion
Unova - Alder/Black or white/ or maybe a new champion since alder is old sick

Jb

Tsun in the streets
As far a solid gamplay goes, I don't see much changing. Other that maybe a double battle with the 8th gym, and rework with the puzzles are somethings that might make it in.

I also want freaking rematches to come back.

Hm...I was thinking...since this is going to be sequel..doesnt this mean the story actually continious? I mean will the events of this game take place after those of pokemon BW 1?
And if yes is there a chance to transfer your old save data from Bw to this one?
Wouldnt this be awesome?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What I'm hoping for is Vs Seeker, Rematches against gym leaders A more thought out plot, A Battlefrontier. I'm also hoping that what Cythia said back in her villa, about the champs make a return and what else? Hoenn If they can put that into the game.

danburite3

Okay, here's how I see Black/White 2 going down, gameplay-wise.

Since it's pretty unlikely we'll get to import our saves or anything like that, we'll probably be playing a new character, but still in Unova. (or the same ones, and it's just an updated story)

I also think they might address the pacing issues in Black and White. In the originals, the gyms after Nimbasa City (so the last four) were all on the west side of the region. But it's pretty obvious that the Giant Chasm is going to be an important area (assuming BW2 is in Unova), so we'll need to get over to the east much earlier in the game.

So either they'll make us go back and forth from west to east throughout the game, instead of making it a post-Elite Four area, or (now, this would be interesting), the four western gym leaders are scrapped (or made into Frontier Brains that are accessed post-Elite Four), and there are four new gyms on the east, that allows the player to get to Kyurem earlier in the game.

Another thing that would be interesting, is that the Unova Pokemon's Dream World abilities need to be accessed somehow. Unless Nintendo releases them in a slow trickle as event Pokemon (in which case we'll be waiting until like, Generation 7), I suspect the Pokemon of Black/White 2 will have their Dream World abilities by default. Maybe it's some plot by Team Plasma, or maybe N is somehow giving Pokemon these abilities. He's a wierd kid, I wouldn't put it past him.

The best part, it'd make choosing from the three starters that we already have much more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.