• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
There are 3D features if you have the 3DS though.
Source for the 3D features?

It was talked about that the games would have extended features if played on the DSi or 3DS, that probably means that the games will be able to connect to password protected routers and that the interior camera will probably be used for video conferencing with friends again.

Hay guys.
You know how the game's logos are red and blue? What if the games take place in Hoen, but with a completely different storyline? The ending to BW had a bit of a cliffhanger, and it would explain why there are two versions. Then again, I could be completely wrong :p

Anyway, I'm just going to list the things that I think may be added
VS Seeker (Because it's one of the most useful items)
Deeper storyline (The "third" games always improve it greatly)
More trainers (We never have enough trainers to battle :p)
Battle Fronteer (Following the 3rd game pattern)
More gen 1-4 Pokemon (To add to the variety. Maybe a way to get past starters?)
A purpose to dive (Because it's not that useful right now)

Aurath8

Hay guys.
You know how the game's logos are red and blue? What if the games take place in Hoen, but with a completely different storyline? The ending to BW had a bit of a cliffhanger, and it would explain why there are two versions. Then again, I could be completely wrong :p

The game won't take place in Hoenn. It'll take place in Unova or another, completely new region(even that I highly doubt).

More gen 1-4 Pokemon (To add to the variety. Maybe a way to get past starters?)
A purpose to dive (Because it's not that useful right now)

I don't want Gen 1-4 Pokemon during the main storyline but I would like new areas postgame since the old pokemon were quite crowded into western unova.
And Dive will probably just be used to further explain the legend of Unova.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict

Grey Wind

It was talked about that the games would have extended features if played on the DSi or 3DS, that probably means that the games will be able to connect to password protected routers and that the interior camera will probably be used for video conferencing with friends again.
When was any of this said? The only reference to the 3DS the main site says is that the games are playable on it, there was no mention of updated features.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
When was any of this said? The only reference to the 3DS the main site says is that the games are playable on it, there was no mention of updated features.

The video conferencing and password protected router connection was just an assumption on my behalf since Black and White had these features.
Here's the sources for DSi and 3DS enhanced features. When mentioning 3DS it's most likely that they are stating that any DSi enhanced features the game has the 3DS will have too.
Source 1|Source 2

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
I would very much like to see the following additions:

VS Seeker
Gym rematches
Better post-game content
Better daily/weekly events
Updated routes and pokemon variety (pre and post)
Not having to worry about Black City disappearing

Dear god, I don't. While going underwater is cool and all, I don't want to have to waste the HM on one of my team members, or frequently have to get out an HM slave

Agreed. I'd much rather have a slightly expanded, but still isolated dive spot.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Wow, so much has been announced since I last got on the internet. Not just one new expansion, but TWO? ...Actually not that surprising when you think about it.

...Still... I wonder if they will have the battle frontier this time? If so, I can assumed it goes something like this. You go to Anville Town where the Train yard is. You notice there are five tunnels. I'll bet that those five tunnels take you to cool new battle facilities.

...Hey, it's a guess, but at least there's some clues backing the guess up.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Here's how I think Black 2 and White 2 are going to work:

~The game will primarily take place in Unova.
~The playable characters will be completely different people to be introduced; they may even introduce customizable characters for the first time but don't count on it.
~The story will be a continuation of Black/White's storyline, not a retelling.
~There will be a new subregion similar to Sevii, possibly south of Unova. You will start in one of its towns, but you will not be able to explore the subregion in its entirety until later in the game.
~After recieving your starter and Pokemon and Pokedex, you will take a ship to Castelia City and pursue the Unova gyms, but in a different order than in Black/White.
~The starter Pokemon will probably be the same ones as in Black/White. Maybe they'll get new forms to provide some originality--doubtful. Or maybe we'll get to choose from the monkeys; I highly doubt it, but this is what I would prefer, because I have always disliked the fact that the starters we get from the beginning of the game are some of the strongest Pokemon in the game. Were we were to get a weak Pokemon from the beginning like the monkeys, we would actually team-build throughout the game instead of just duke out our starter on everyone.
~The playable characters from Black/White will be NPCs involved with the story. The BW character who corresponds with your gender is likely to be the "ultimate" battle (similar to Red in GSC/HgSs) and will have Reshiram or Zekrom depending on your version (Reshiram if Black 2, Zekrom if White 2).
~The Kyurem you will catch in this game will be a fusion of a newly awakened Kyurem and N's dragon from your game's prequel. N will not have control of it and you will be able to capture it.
~There will be a fourth form of Kyurem that will essentially be the Tao trio combined (such a Pokemon is hinted-at in Black/White). It will require you to have the dragon of your game's prequel in your posession and it will be badass. Or maybe it will require you to have the Kyurem form opposite to your game's mascot. Either way, it will be done by GameFreak to give you incentive to buy the prequel for or the opposite version of your game if you haven't already.

Making sequels to Black/White instead of a third version is a brilliant franchise-milking technique. Scripting a new story will take a little more work than the normal third iteration, but they'll get over twice the amount of sales, while still being able to recycle the entire region and all the sprites, 3D models, music, and of course game engine. Plus, the fans will be much more pleased with a sequel than the would a third version. Brilliant move; I hope this is a pattern to be maintained in future generations of the franchise.

Last edited:

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
...Still... I wonder if they will have the battle frontier this time? If so, I can assumed it goes something like this. You go to Anville Town where the Train yard is. You notice there are five tunnels. I'll bet that those five tunnels take you to cool new battle facilities.

I don't think those are tunnels, those are train-garages (or whatever they're called)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Sleep talk needs to become a TM again.

I wouldn't want that, Sleep Talk isn't useful main game wise. But then again we'll end up with move tutors so maybe some thing is gonna have Hypnosis or Yawn.

Ekaru

Not really. It would be a system seller, no question, and the 3DS has been selling fantastically lately. The bigger reason would be that it's much faster to develop a game using an engine you already have than it is to start over again.

This. This is why I believe that this game will start in another region and then branch into Unova post-game; creating a new region at this point would be pretty easy, and so would copying & pasting a modified version of Unova in order to get people hyped up.

The reason to make new sequels over a third version at this point is because it'd result in more profit. The true new games have traditionally sold a lot more than the third versions, and at this point it'd be pretty easy to make new games on the DS since they know the engine inside and out.

And yes, these are definitely actual sequels; putting "2" in the titles and then having them just be literal remakes of the previous entries would be suicide.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Things I want:
- Proper use of Dive. It was great in R/S/E, and I was really disappointed that you could barely do anything with it in B/W.
- Pokemon following you around like HG/SS.
- Battle Frontier, or at least a Battle Subway Frontier-ish (Random Pokemon Train, 1v1 Train, etc).
- VS Seeker. The main story didn't really need one to be fair, but if you could get one far to the post game it would be nice.
- The main touch screen should be like HG/SS, while the C-Gear should be inside a button, like the Pokegear. As someone who doesn't use the C-Gear much, it is rather annoying.
- Move Tutors. And good ones.
- The weight / height comparison that was i the HG/SS pokedex. It was a fun little feature.

Ludwig

I wouldn't want that, Sleep Talk isn't useful main game wise. But then again we'll end up with move tutors so maybe some thing is gonna have Hypnosis or Yawn.

It may not be useful during the story, but it's annoying having to restart my heart gold every time I want a sleep talker that doesn't get it as an egg move. Also, there are some 5th gen pokémon that could be good sleep talkers that doesn't get it as an egg move.
It's a way of making walls without good recovery viable.

Black City/White Forest will be replaced with a new area called "Clarity Town". It's essentially a very nature based town, a sort of compromise between the two areas we had previously. A Town surrounded by trees. You can now get a total of 16 characters in your area. Each character unlocks both a Level 5 in the grassy area, and a battle with them. The main bit about it, however, is the move tutors. You can find tutors pretty much everywhere inside the houses of Clarity Town.

Tutors ask for "Opal Stones" in return for moves. These can be found in the dream world, as prizes for capturing a certain Pokemon of beating a certain trainer in Clarity Town, on Entralink, in various places. They can also be bought in a shop in Clarity town.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I generally think the gameplay will be the same as Black and White, but with features that the third version always usually carry over their previous versions.

Black and White did a good job with the gameplay, it just needs a bit more for fan demand.

One thing that I definitely do want though is gym leader rematches. You'll be able to fight them in a triple battle or a 6vs6. In the triple battle they use their fully evolved Unova teams (for Cilan, Cress and Chili, they get two additional Pokemon of their types; Lenora gets one more.) The 6vs6 would represent the National Dex and a team would consist of 2 Unova Pokemon, and 1 from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Last edited:

Ioneos

old geezer
Story wise, I wonder if these will be sequels or remakes. I'm guessing/hoping that Zekyurem and Kyreshiram (Zekyureshiram?) are some product of Plasma's experiments, possibly another attempt at the Genosect project. Anyways, I hope they have some type of Battle Frontier. I don't care if this is the third, anything's better than the Battle Subway. Ugh.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Going to Hoenn after the E4 would be sweet. I mean, they do have that airport that's just sitting around doing nothing right now. I honestly don't care if they remake the storyline for R/S/E at all, as long as i can still catch the legendaries and fight their gyms. Maybe Hoenn's E4 too? Someone made that synthia quote about the champions all meeting to battle, that'd be really cool.
They could have an area where you could rematch all 16 leaders (or you could simply go to the gyms).
Most of all, I want to see some great Tutors. and wider spread pledge moves maybe? :

Status
Not open for further replies.