• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
If the game takes place several years after the events of BW, it would be cool if natural disasters struck some of the places which greatly altered paths or possibly opened up new caves.

It would be really cool if the changes were version specific, taking Opelucid's concept further. Cities will now be more technological in B2, while more natural chqnges happen in W2. In W2, new areas would be uncovered by an earthquake (or something), while in B2, those same areas would be uncovered by construction.

Also, their should have been new HMs in BW1.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Of course it's possible, but it's highly unlikely.

What makes it so unlikely? A month ago, would you have said that two different third instalments was highly unlikely?

Grei

not the color
Yes, because there was no reason to believe otherwise. Highly unlikely things happen, but until they do they're still highly unlikely.

Except that following Pokemon isn't "highly unlikely" for any reason. Like, there's literally no reason for why they would be "highly unlikely." Because they weren't in BW? BW was in development prior to HGSS. It's "highly unlikely" that the developers would have left out following Pokemon in BW had they known just how popular it would be in HGSS.

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
it would be nice to see bisharp following you behind like a bodyguard!

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Heres what I wonder --> If shiny kyurem exist's in BW1 I assume it will be the same in BW2, if the latter is correct then Black-Kyurem and White Kyurem can be shiny based on that, making Zekrom/Reshiram shiny as well, well if that's correct then when we transfer Shiny Zekrom or Shiny Reshiram to BW1 (Not Black Kyurem or White Kyurem) what would happen??? I ask this because the coding in BW1 prevents Zekrom/Reshiram (and Victini) from being Shiny Legitly, and if they took away Kyurem's Shininess in BW2 that would be stupid... so what do you all think will happen???

RilverXD

how to fill space
I hope for some point a tag battle with N like you do with steven in pokemon Emerald.
Maybe an epic boss fight vs Ghetsis with both kyreum forms vs reshiram and zekrom!

An new villian would be possible but what do people think of a cyrus appearence?
he locked himself in solitude but he now appears with a new plan to take over the world with ghetsis, maybe thats a bit too cheesy though.....

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Heres what I wonder --> If shiny kyurem exist's in BW1 I assume it will be the same in BW2, if the latter is correct then Black-Kyurem and White Kyurem can be shiny based on that, making Zekrom/Reshiram shiny as well, well if that's correct then when we transfer Shiny Zekrom or Shiny Reshiram to BW1 (Not Black Kyurem or White Kyurem) what would happen??? I ask this because the coding in BW1 prevents Zekrom/Reshiram (and Victini) from being Shiny Legitly, and if they took away Kyurem's Shininess in BW2 that would be stupid... so what do you all think will happen???

You can have a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram in BW1, the code IS there but they just don't allow you to catch them in those forms. If they are shiny in BW2 they will be in the BW as well.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I know it's not exactly BW2 related but now that we opened up the door to sequels would it not be awesome to see a Kanto based sequel to RBYGSC? I mean I'm no genwunner but I can just imagine the possibilities of a Kanto 10, maybe 15 years after Red and Blue.

Your idea of closing gyms and relocations made me think of it.

I don't see the point in doing so. It would be interesting to see what happened to the other regions, though.

though it's not an HM, I'd like for Headbutt to return to usefulness.

Same here. Headbutting trees for Pokemon was interesting and amusing.

I've said it already, but I want Secret bases back too...

If they bring back Secret Bases, I want it to be like designing your own level instead of decorating a room. Secret bases as they are in RSEDPPt are relatively pointless.

Does anyone think they'll give us a new location(s) in place of Black City/White Forest that works in a similar manner? This would be hrrible imo, but I could see them doing it. I don't know what the overall fan reaction in Japan was to the two places...

If they do, I hope the two areas are more useful than Black City/White Forest.

If they bring back Secret Bases, I want it to be like designing your own level instead of decorating a room. Secret bases as they are in RSEDPPt are relatively pointless.

Think of how cool it would be to do that. You jus put certain trainer sprites in locations and can add obstacles. All of the trainers use your Pokemon though. The ones you caught throughout the game and you assign them to each trainer.

kemal07

So what are the obvious things we can expect in these games???

-Animated trainer sprites
-New sprite animations for the Pokemon
-Maybe a new battle Frontier
-Battles with the Shadow Triad + Sages + Goddesses

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Think of how cool it would be to do that. You jus put certain trainer sprites in locations and can add obstacles. All of the trainers use your Pokemon though. The ones you caught throughout the game and you assign them to each trainer.

If they ever choose to do such a thing (which I doubt), they most certainly will not give you minions or anything. It just doesn't work that well.

If they ever choose to do such a thing (which I doubt), they most certainly will not give you minions or anything. It just doesn't work that well.

They don't have to be minions just a way you can battle the persons Pokemon, more than 6.

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
They don't have to be minions just a way you can battle the persons Pokemon, more than 6.

That Idea was kind of cool, but I don't know if I'm imaging this but couldn't you battle the trainers who you connected with when you found where they placed their hideout when playing your game in R/S/E?

If I'm remembering it right, then they could do it like that but the trainer can register a different team for their hideout every day. So when their friends find there hideout they could battle one team on a Monday another on Tuesday and so on. I still like your idea though :)

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Except that following Pokemon isn't "highly unlikely" for any reason. Like, there's literally no reason for why they would be "highly unlikely." Because they weren't in BW? BW was in development prior to HGSS. It's "highly unlikely" that the developers would have left out following Pokemon in BW had they known just how popular it would be in HGSS.

Both Heart Gold/ Soul Silver and Black/White was developed at the same time so it would have been very unlikely that Game Freak would have been able to add the Pokémon following you feature in the game after discovering how popular it is, also as far I am aware non of Heart Gold/Soul Silver feature made into Black and White.

Given the story in Black and White it would make perfect sense to bring it back.

So what are the obvious things we can expect in these games???

-Animated trainer sprites
-New sprite animations for the Pokemon
-Maybe a new battle Frontier
-Battles with the Shadow Triad + Sages + Goddesses

Unless you are referring to Gym leaders, rivasl, N, Ghetsis, Elite 4, Frontier leader and Cynthia I wouldn't expect to see regular trainers to get animated sprites.

JohnLee

SO here's a guess about some gameplay that was posted on BMGF:

In Anville town, there's a strange train and a man speaks about it, like said Silktree.

"This train car is the kind that ran a long time ago. Compared to contemporary cars, it has more parts, so I heard it was difficult to build. The old cars built with lots of small parts have their own unique beauty and attract a lot of fans. Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region. Ah... I'd love to be on that train! ".

Doesn't this train remind you something ?

Oh wait, the Cable car from Sanfrancisco.

What do Wikipedia say about these Cable Car ? "The best known existing cable car system is the San Francisco cable car system in the city of San Francisco, California. San Francisco's cable cars constitute the oldest and largest such system in permanent operation..."Y

Yes guys, i'm now 100% sure that we'll get Sanfrancisco.
Sanfrancisco has the famous Golden GAte Bridge loved by a certain Junichi Masuda (photos on his blog...)
Sanfrancisco-Unova can be like Johto-Kanto...
Sanfrancisco also has Alcatraz... perfect if we want to see again Plasma Sage...or Looker.
N may fly here after Black beat him...
Also around the "Golden Gate Bridge", there's a large ocean so, many dive spots area for a Pokemon Game. This is why Dive is in BW.
100% sure about this, and please, if we'd get 16 gyms, please a DARK GYM.

Never even made the connection of San Fran to the rail car in Anville Town. He's got me convinced. This....made my day.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
SO here's a guess about some gameplay that was posted on BMGF:

Never even made the connection of San Fran to the rail car in Anville Town. He's got me convinced. This....made my day.

If we are getting a new region, then this is plausible. It makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.