• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_SGG

If they bring back Secret Bases, I want it to be like designing your own level instead of decorating a room. Secret bases as they are in RSEDPPt are relatively pointless.

I had so much fun shitting around in the Sinnoh Underground with my friends. I'd love it if it was brought back, just as it was.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I had so much fun shitting around in the Sinnoh Underground with my friends. I'd love it if it was brought back, just as it was.

I'd like to Wifi to this. I wouldn't mind some online friends using the underground with me.

JohnLee

If we are getting a new region, then this is plausible. It makes sense.

It does make sense. And where else to put a bunch bridges in the game than San Fran?!

Here's the rail car in question:
trainf.png

IMO, it looks like a cable care, but they're all different kinds of cable cars anyway.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
It does make sense. And where else to put a bunch bridges in the game than San Fran?!

Here's the rail car in question:
trainf.png

IMO, it looks like a cable care, but they're all different kinds of cable cars anyway.

I never made the connection with San Francisco either. I just assumed they were the trains that used to run in Nacrene. If there will be a San Francisco region to Unova's New York, how far away is "far away"? Unovas already "far away" from all the other known regions. Perhaps an airplane will take you there, or maybe a boat (like the SS Aqua).

Ira1219

I want pokemon following you. I also want you to be able to assign all your key items at once like in BW1.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Does anyone think it possible that pokemon following you could happen again in B2/W2

I just really hope they make it optional, or at least make it useful.

I think there will be a new villain, or at least a new one to accompany N or Ghestsis.

I have mixed feeling for this. Seems like Team Plasma has enough important members so that there's no need for this. But they did add that one Scientist guy to Platinum, so you never know. Also, I think N ill be good if he returns in this game, because he had a change of heart at the end of B/W.

I hope for some point a tag battle with N like you do with steven in pokemon Emerald.
Maybe an epic boss fight vs Ghetsis with both kyreum forms vs reshiram and zekrom!

An new villian would be possible but what do people think of a cyrus appearence?
he locked himself in solitude but he now appears with a new plan to take over the world with ghetsis, maybe thats a bit too cheesy though.....

I think it would be cool for Cyrus to make a appearance, but nothing relevant to the plot.

Think of how cool it would be to do that. You jus put certain trainer sprites in locations and can add obstacles. All of the trainers use your Pokemon though. The ones you caught throughout the game and you assign them to each trainer.

This would be a good idea, but probably won't ever happen.

So what are the obvious things we can expect in these games???

-Animated trainer sprites

-New sprite animations for the Pokemon
-Maybe a new battle Frontier
-Battles with the Shadow Triad + Sages + Goddesses

If your talking about regular trainers than I doubt it. Maybe next gen though.

SO here's a guess about some gameplay that was posted on BMGF:

Never even made the connection of San Fran to the rail car in Anville Town. He's got me convinced. This....made my day.

Interesting theory, but I doubt we would get a full fledged region in this game. The best we may get is a Sevii-Islands type region.

I'd like to Wifi to this. I wouldn't mind some online friends using the underground with me.

Agreed, if they return the underground or secret bases let us play with them online.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The Underground definitely would have been much more interesting had there been Wi-Fi. I think Capture the Flag would have been a good mini-game, I just had no one to play it with.

Yes. I didn't get much use out of my multiplayer underground because I have almost no one to play with. I say a underground with a open of like 20 people would be really cool.

Something like zombie tag would be really fun like that. Just gives you something to do other than battling, no one does the contest/dances lol.

I also agree with the animated trainer sprites idea.

There won't ever be a hard mode. This game is targeted to children and children hate hard games.

Somehow, probably due to me growing up in the era of SNES and N64 and every kid I know having beaten Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, and Super Mario World/64, Donkey Kong 64/Country (all of those being considerably hard games due to controls and lack of direction in the game) I don't think this is true. Also, without a challenge, kids are going to just put it down because it can't hold their interest. It's just like school in that way. Things are only fun if there's something to be achieved.

To continue that point, children's hands are held far too much as of recently and it doesn't give them any sort of critical thinking skills that people who grew up in my generation have when it comes to gaming. There's a reason Game Informer had the "follow" marker from Call of Duty listed under the top 10 heroes of 2011 and it's not just because it's funny. It's because they're pointing out that even linear games hold our hands too much.

Last edited:

R_N

Trying to complete my Pokedex again reminds me of the one thing I hope happens even more than Extreme Speed move tutor: Buyable evo items.
Stones, held items, trade items, all of them.
There is no reason to make these items such a gigantic pain to get, forcing you to be needlessly stingy with evolution. This is especially heinous with the trade evolution items, which have another layer of annoyance to them.
Why refuse to sell the stones in stores like the original 4? Why must you play scavenger hunt with trade evolution items? Why make you actively work so much more for these pokemon compared to any other?
BW was theoretically better but it was still bad:
-Any of the stones can be found in the dust clouds. You know what else you can find? 17 gems, 2 Pokemon and a few other random things. Also random encounters in general.
-You can get infinite trade hold items! ... Except it's one, at complete random, once a day in the same pool of items as other species-specific held items [and lucky eggs].
-Black City lets you finally buy stones! Except this is version exclusive and requires specific trainers in your city; what's more, you can screw yourself out of it if you lack someone with another game or spend too much time out of Black City. Also Black City isn't as useful as White Forest in general and the stones cost 10k each.

Outside of these, your only options are to steal a few items off of Pokemon. Key word: Few.
Yeah you can find some of the stone/trade evos through shaking spots/ripples but the entire point most of the time is that you keep around one until you have the moves you want. It's fine to keep the main-game sparse like it is, but put a shop in the post-game because come on.

Also: We can now buy all the incenses. The ones you don't need to have multiples of to do anything with.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
The Underground definitely would have been much more interesting had there been Wi-Fi. I think Capture the Flag would have been a good mini-game, I just had no one to play it with.
I feel your pain T_T
Also: We can now buy all the incenses. The ones you don't need to have multiples of to do anything with.

I like having multiples of Luck Incense I think, but that's it.

I miss the Celadon City Department Story....

The store in BW needs a serious upgrade in BW2.

R_N

I feel your pain T_T

I like having multiples of Luck Incense I think, but that's it.

I miss the Celadon City Department Story....

The store in BW needs a serious upgrade in BW2.

Yeah, it's getting upstaged by the Driftviel Market to a small extent.
Actually there's the perfect place to put an evolution item stall. Have a guy open up in the department store.

shortmicky

Super Collector
There were more than 1, in Black granted there's only 1 triple but there are 4 rotations and in white the reverse. There's a rotation battle on route 7 after one of the high walk-ways, there's two inside a building in Opelucid City, and one in Driftveil City, the only triple battle for white was in the Entrance to Marvelous Bridge. Just saying. I agree there should be more of both types of battle in both black 2 and white 2.

I'm expecting new rivals and a new playable character as well. I think we should have more triple battles in the game too because if I'm not mistaken we only had one in B/W and it was optional, so maybe the Striaton Gym could be one if they're still gym leaders. I'm also expecting Zorua/Zoroark to be obtained easier in this game maybe by an egg or something. Oh and Hilda/Hilbert as the champion or maybe Cheren I don't know.

you guys are going to have to get a 3DS sometime the next game will probably be for it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't have any complaints if the stones/held items/evo items are so scarce pre-E4.
But I would be really happy if they're up for sale post-game.

Also, I want the classic Trainer classes to return:
Beauty, Bird Keeper, Sailor, Picnicker, Camper, Tuber, Bug Catcher and the PokeManiac.

These have beena staple to the series. I was a bit surprised why they removed them.
Also, IMO, this is one of the reasons why Unova felt so different when I played it.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
What I'm expecting to be added:

- The "Pokémon following you around" feature returns, but hopefully this time it'll become optional.
- Gym leader rematches
- Battle Frontier
I can see those being added. As well as readding the vs seeker.

Also, in terms of new additions, what about devolution? There was also something else I was thinking could be added, but I forgot what I was thinking. If I remember, I'll post it.

I'm not sure what the user you quoted was refering to in "designing your own level instead of decoratin a room", but of all the secret bases, I liked the first version of them the best. Maybe if they combin the two versions and make them wifiable...that'd be cool.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't have any complaints if the stones/held items/evo items are so scarce pre-E4.
But I would be really happy if they're up for sale post-game.

I prefer having them available. Some really cool Pokemon evolve using Stones, but when they're so hard to find those Pokemon can fall behind others that evolve by level.

Also, I want the classic Trainer classes to return:
Beauty, Bird Keeper, Sailor, Picnicker, Camper, Tuber, Bug Catcher and the PokeManiac.

These have beena staple to the series. I was a bit surprised why they removed them.
Also, IMO, this is one of the reasons why Unova felt so different when I played it.

Totally agree, just because Unova is supposed to be far away doesn't mean they don't have the same types of Pokemon Trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.