• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I reckon they will do what platinum did and give new sprites to those that need them, I always felt Minccino was too large and Throh was too small, considering how big it is in the anime...

Trinimaster.

I reckon they will do what platinum did and give new sprites to those that need them, I always felt Minccino was too large and Throh was too small, considering how big it is in the anime...

Well i would hope so,some people might not care for new sprites but I'm still hoping for some to change atleast

Rokroad

Hot Drops
It seems like Buneary will be catchable to, as it can be seen in the picture with Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig and Mareep. Also a Weavile can be seen vs Lapras and Arcanine.

Last edited:

D135

i think i have found an explanation for the underwater tunnel: since unova (most of it) is coverd with ice there there is no place for the old cities so the tunnel will lead to a new region

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Alll I can say is wow; Here's all my thoughts in any order:

• So glad the PokéDex has gone back to the red colour scheme, similar to HG/SS.
  • I'm still not quite sure about the addition of original Pokémon in Unova, I sort of liked how there was no older Pokémon in the Unova region until after the E4, as it added to the sense of isolation. But then again I kind of miss this from how to was in R/S/E onwards where it had a mix of old and new.
  • Looking from the map I can already see some areas have expanded or have changed, and so far the map looks good, I hope the official website updates with higher quality images soon. I like how the South-west of the region has been expanded, I never imagined the game would start there.
  • The water-type Gym Leader looks cool, the town he's in kind of reminds me of Pacifilog Town in Hoenn, I'm not too sure about the poison type Gym Leader, but I do like her Venipede guitar though.
  • Was is specified that the Professor in the scans were the Professor for the start of the game? I don't like him that much he kind of looks like a mix of Celio and Professor Elm.
  • The Rival looks epic, however his face reminds me of a Zorua?
  • I love the design of the player characters, I think the choice of Xtrans colours is different, Yellow for the girl and red for the boy, but at least it beats the stereotypical Blue boy/Pink Girl. I also like the guys hat as well.
  • The starting town looks really cool, I love the vista view from the top of the town, so glad they're implementing more 3D effects.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
I suspect the underwater tunnel replaces a bridge between 2 town.

Ilan

What's with the merging Unova and Original Pokes? And does this mean we're going to loose gym leaders or are they adding more? Just something I wanted to speculate.

unova pokemon are original too ...

just noticed weavile in one of the screenshoot seems like he will be included in the dex aswell
and seems like zoroark and metagross will be B2 exclusive while haxorus and lucario W2 exclusive
hard choice... I will probably take lucario and haxorus

rocky505

i think i have found an explanation for the underwater tunnel: since unova (most of it) is coverd with ice there there is no place for the old cities so the tunnel will lead to a new region
Sigh. It's not covered with Ice. Read what sunyshore has said multiple times.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855389.jpg
They're waaaay down there in the poster(??) with Mareep, Buneary and Psyduck

edit; MAREEP BUNEARY & PSYDUCK TO REPLACE THE STARTERS TRIPLE CONFIRMED (also they are the shadow triad)

You're kidding?! This is one thing that I don't believe (in an "I may be pissed" way)

1 Where is it confirmed? (mainly asking this because I can't read Japanese)

2. They can't be the starters because the top of that same page shows Serperior battling both forms of Kyruem

3. Please enough with the Shadow Triad already! It's starting to become a worn out running gag

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
You're kidding?! This is one thing that I don't believe (in an "I may be pissed" way)

1 Where is it confirmed? (mainly asking this because I can't read Japanese)

2. They can't be the starters because the top of that same page shows Serperior battling both forms of Kyruem

3. Please enough with the Shadow Triad already! It's starting to become a worn out running gag

...Please don't tell me you're actually serious. Please don't.

Okay, so confirmed older Pokemon?

-Eevee Line (8)
-Lapras (1)
-Growlithe Line (2)
-Mareep Line (3)
-Psyduck Line (2)
-Buneary Line (2)
-Weavile Line (2)
-Lucario Line (2)
-Mantine Line (2)
-Remoraid Line (2) - because Mantine can be seen in that tunnel or whatever so Remoraid would be necessary to evolve Mantyke
-Tyranitar Line (3)
-Metagross Line (3)
=32

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit

-Eevee Line (8)
-Lapras (1)
-Growlithe Line (2)
-Mareep Line (3)
-Psyduck Line (2)
-Buneary Line (2)
-Weavile Line (2)
-Lucario Line (2)
-Mantine Line (2)
-Remoraid Line (2) - because Mantine can be seen in that tunnel or whatever so Remoraid would be necessary to evolve Mantyke
-Tyranitar Line (3)
-Metagross Line (3)
=32
We may as well add three for the Pikachu line because I can't see that not being included

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

-Eevee Line (8)
-Lapras (1)
-Growlithe Line (2)
-Mareep Line (3)
-Psyduck Line (2)
-Buneary Line (2)
-Weavile Line (2)
-Lucario Line (2)
-Mantine Line (2)
-Tyranitar Line (3)
-Metagross Line (3)
=32

I'm not serious about the Shadow Triad thing, but it's just a major shocker that they're not using the actual starters for starters. And now that I think about it, this may also mean that we may actually be able to catch the starters in the wild. Though the one thing I am serious about is where it actually says you start off with Mareep, Bunneary or Psyduck

rocky505

I'm not serious about the Shadow Triad thing, but it's just a major shocker that they're not using the actual starters for starters. And now that I think about it, this may also mean that we may actually be able to catch the starters in the wild. Though the one thing I am serious about is where it actually says you start off with Mareep, Bunneary or Psyduck
What? When was this said or anything? We are still getting the Unova starters.

Grey Wind

-Eevee Line (8)
-Lapras (1)
-Growlithe Line (2)
-Mareep Line (3)
-Psyduck Line (2)
-Buneary Line (2)
-Weavile Line (2)
-Lucario Line (2)
-Mantine Line (2)
-Tyranitar Line (3)
-Metagross Line (3)
=32
There's still a whole load left to be revealed, then, since we're getting ~150 added to the dex. I assume Pikachu will be added too. Hopefully we don't get Zubat and Geodude back though; Woobat and Roggenrola are fine as it is.

Are you actually typing those words.

Tommyb2405

I really hope that you will be able to catch the other Gen's starters in the wild... Obvs after E4. Please add a safari zone :(

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
There's still a whole load left to be revealed, then, since we're getting ~150 added to the dex. I assume Pikachu will be added too. Hopefully we don't get Zubat and Geodude back though; Woobat and Roggenrola are fine as it is.

Are you actually typing those words.

That's what Snowyarticuno said a few posts ago, he even "triple-confirmed" it:
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855389.jpg
They're waaaay down there in the poster(??) with Mareep, Buneary and Psyduck

edit; MAREEP BUNEARY & PSYDUCK TO REPLACE THE STARTERS TRIPLE CONFIRMED (also they are the shadow triad)

Aesir

Breeder

Lol, this reminds me of when my little brother thought that we'd get a Pokemon Green game in the UK, but you had to start with an Oddish, Bellsprout or Tangela or something

I can never see this happening (for one thing the whole rock-paper-scissors thing that's been involved since the first games would be messed up with those options you gave)

Status
Not open for further replies.