• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Zorua

Just me
The rival looks cool.....he reminds me of blue
But i was just hopping that the Pokemon-following-you thing returned.

kemal07

I didn't quite hear myself but... Can anyone tell whether we get those awesome sound effects that were introduced in HG/SS... like the footstep noises on concrete and the sound effects of walking on grass?

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I think it's very interesting how the game starts. No professor introducing you to the game, no mom, no starting in your bedroom. Also, it seems like you get the starters on the lookout. Not sure how you get them there, but thats where they cut it off, so I guess thats were you get them. I'm also starting to think that the Musketeers have something to do with the storyline, thus why their in the intro. It seems kind of weird to put them in the intro but not have anything to do with the storyline.

Also, did Smash ever say anything about whether the ice is real or not? I saw someone said they did, but someone else said they didn't.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I think it's very interesting how the game starts. No professor introducing you to the game, no mom, no starting in your bedroom. Also, it seems like you get the starters on the lookout. Not sure how you get them there, but thats where they cut it off, so I guess thats were you get them. I'm also starting to think that the Musketeers have something to do with the storyline, thus why their in the intro. It seems kind of weird to put them in the intro but not have anything to do with the storyline.

Also, did Smash ever say anything about whether the ice is real or not? I saw someone said they did, but someone else said they didn't.

The region is not frozen, they're just covering the map with ice. It's pretty obvious since you can see clouds underneath the ice: http://files.pidgi.net/b2w2/mapswap/

halloweenghost

They edited alot of thigns out I'm sure as the whole vid skipped around during their gameplay.

They edited alot of thigns out I'm sure as the whole vid skipped around during their gameplay.

Yeah, you can see the video cuts after the camera stops at your house and then you leave home.

Bardische

Elegance.
I wish they revamped a lot of Pokemon animations this time around. I'm liking Oshawott's so far. I want to see it throw and catch its shell from the front sprite *_*

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
The rival looks cool.....he reminds me of blue
But i was just hopping that the Pokemon-following-you thing returned.

The rival seems to have a temper problem. On the website, he says something like "Now you've made me mad!"

Any thoughts on this, though?

I'm surprised that no one has picked up on this (unless I've missed it), but it seems pretty obvious to me. The "mysterious" red and blue building is obviously some sort of filming studio and the protagonist somehow becomes the actor playing the leading hero in whatever show/movie being produced there. The film/show seems to center around a Hero (the blue part of the building) a robotic pokemon/dinosaur (red part of the building), and some sort of alien/flying saucer and the whole thing seems to take place in a big city. Did anyone attempt to actually translate the text that is IN the trailer? That possibly has important tidbits of information.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Thanks for sharing that link, it's nice to compare the two maps so quickly.
I wonder what they're hiding though...

I have a feeling that the upper island and the lower island will have a route connecting them. Because technically, if you travelled across the Skyarrow Bridge and continued to Nuvema, it would be a dead end. It would also make the region less linear.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
The rival seems to have a temper problem. On the website, he says something like "Now you've made me mad!"

Any thoughts on this, though?

Lol, sounds like Silver to me. Well, his personality is definitely a nice change from having nice rivals(May/Brendan, Cheren, Bianca) or having Berry run into you every time you meet him. Seriously, I played Platinum and I start to question whether or not Berry has ADHD.

I like a sort of rival like that. The kind that makes you get mad by mocking(Gary and Silver). Or in this case, the kind that gets angry easily. Just seems fun to defeat the rival just to see his reaction.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
Lol, sounds like Silver to me. Well, his personality is definitely a nice change from having nice rivals(May/Brendan, Cheren, Bianca) or having Berry run into you every time you meet him. Seriously, I played Platinum and I start to question whether or not Berry has ADHD or not.

Yeah, I missed the rival with a temper. I'm guessing this guy is more of a Gary Oak than a Silver.

And yes, I do believe Barry has ADHD. I want to believe.

Seeing Azurill and Riolu probably already marks the return of wild Baby Pokemon. And it looks as if following Pokemon don't return, seeing as how the female protagonist was already on Route 1 with her Oshawott. But I still have hope. T_T

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Okay I was going to post an example of what I was referring to earlier but there were too many to choose. A vast majority of the I-IV Pokemon have, say, 4 shades in their sprites. The 4th shade being the lightest and giving their overall appearance somewhat of a shiny look. But if you look at the Gen V Pokemon, none of them have this. Munna is the only one I saw that has a slight one, but even so it still only uses 2 shades.

The sprites of the Gen V Pokemon use less shades which give it a cleaner look, and use darker outlines to make them look more crispy. But they just used the old 4th Gen Pokemon sprites for all of the others, some got a repose, but for the most part it didn't. Because of these new spriting styles, they looked bad when seen together in the same game. So all I was asking was if anybody could tell if the sprites for the old gen Pokemon were cleaned up to match the Gen V spriting style, but clearer videos with the Azurill show me that this may not be the case because there were at least 4 shades of the same color on its sprite.

This could still be a rough version they made for the trailer like how Black and White's gameplay had some visual aspects different from the final product, and I hope it is because like I said, the two spriting styles mixed together looks bad and I was hoping that since this game features old Gen Pokemon that they would fix this.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I can't believe you can catch Eevee in the wild now. In the older games, you had to wait until someone gives it to you or you had to win one from the arcade. Man, the newer generations sure have it easy. Poisoned pokemon don't lose HP while walking and TMs can be reused. Not that that's a bad thing.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
I can't believe you can catch Eevee in the wild now. In the older games, you had to wait until someone gives it to you or you had to win one from the arcade. Man, the newer generations sure have it easy. Poisoned pokemon don't lose HP while walking and TMs can be reused. Not that that's a bad thing.

I like that Tms are reusable, but the poison thing is ********. Poison is supposed to kill your Pokemon if it goes untreated! Not "survive at 1 HP". They're babying the players.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Lol, sounds like Silver to me. Well, his personality is definitely a nice change from having nice rivals(May/Brendan, Cheren, Bianca) or having Berry run into you every time you meet him. Seriously, I played Platinum and I start to question whether or not Berry has ADHD.

I like a sort of rival like that. The kind that makes you get mad by mocking(Gary and Silver). Or in this case, the kind that gets angry easily. Just seems fun to defeat the rival just to see his reaction.

Actually, the site also says something along the lines of "This boy is a childhood friend of the hero/heroine and also lives in Hiogi City. It seems like there's a special reason for his passion for great strength in Pokémon battles as the story develops. He looks a little like a big brother from the perspective of a little sibling." Although he has a temper, the player seems to look up to him, and it may be implied that he is at least a little respectful towards the player.

ForeverFlame

Okay I was going to post an example of what I was referring to earlier but there were too many to choose. A vast majority of the I-IV Pokemon have, say, 4 shades in their sprites. The 4th shade being the lightest and giving their overall appearance somewhat of a shiny look. But if you look at the Gen V Pokemon, none of them have this. Munna is the only one I saw that has a slight one, but even so it still only uses 2 shades.

The sprites of the Gen V Pokemon use less shades which give it a cleaner look, and use darker outlines to make them look more crispy. But they just used the old 4th Gen Pokemon sprites for all of the others, some got a repose, but for the most part it didn't. Because of these new spriting styles, they looked bad when seen together in the same game. So all I was asking was if anybody could tell if the sprites for the old gen Pokemon were cleaned up to match the Gen V spriting style, but clearer videos with the Azurill show me that this may not be the case because there were at least 4 shades of the same color on its sprite.

This could still be a rough version they made for the trailer like how Black and White's gameplay had some visual aspects different from the final product, and I hope it is because like I said, the two spriting styles mixed together looks bad and I was hoping that since this game features old Gen Pokemon that they would fix this.

Gen 3 Pokemon (such as Azurill) got new sprites... back in Black/White. Mainly because their Diamond/Pearl sprites were kind of rushed and derpy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.