• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

direelite

I'm wondering if the pokeradar is going to make a return. The grass in the video seems more diamondish then the original black and white. And with the rare spots already in BW, it could make sense atleast as an item that made finding rare spots quicker/easier

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I think it's starting to get real the fact that White Kyurem and Black Kyurem will exist as "two different Pokémon". Do not like.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Because some of their species don't have to undergo an involuntary sex change when they evolve?
I wasn't aware you spoke with Azurills about their thoughts on changing their sex?

And this is the true reason why Azurill is always sad.

Closed-minded person says what?

I think it's starting to get real the fact that White Kyurem and Black Kyurem will exist as "two different Pokémon". Do not like.

I think (read: hope) they will feel like two very different pokemon but still be Kyurem.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I wasn't aware you spoke with Azurills about their thoughts on changing their sex?

I think we can all agree that having genitals involuntarily changed into those of the opposite gender would be extraordinarily painful and psychologically disturbing.

Can we please stop talking about Azurill penises and vaginas, now?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I think we can all agree that having genitals involuntarily changed into those of the opposite gender would be extraordinarily painful and psychologically disturbing.

Can we please stop talking about Azurill penises and vaginas, now?
No, because even though the OP was doing so in jest, this is a grand opportunity to demystify something...

The keyword I took issue with is "involuntary". In species where sequential hermaphroditism is applicable, the change is neither "involuntary", "extraordinarily painful" nor "psychologically disturbing". It is natural and, if there is any pain, probably less painful (and psychologically damaging) than childbirth is.

Sex change for humans is a completely different process as well. The more you know. :)

No, because even though the OP was doing so in jest, this is a grand opportunity to demystify something...

The keyword I took issue with is "involuntary". In species where sequential hermaphroditism is applicable, the change is neither "involuntary", "extraordinarily painful" nor "psychologically disturbing". It is natural and, if there is any pain, probably less painful (and psychologically damaging) than childbirth is.

Sex change for humans is a completely different process as well. The more you know. :)

im pretty sure you guys just scarred some kids for life lol

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
That stage I saw in the trailer. That was the professor right? It reminded me of either a gym stage or frontier stage.

What are your thoughts on that stage with the professor?

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I wonder about the possibility of the starters getting their Hidden Abilities from the start.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Wasn't there a stage in the Battle Frontier of the last Gen? That's what I thought of.

Professor's actually a brain. OoO

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What are your thoughts on that stage with the professor?

Is he really a professor, though? Because when I mentioned that he was a professor, I got flamed and people told me he was just a researcher (apparently there's a distinction). Either way, I'm very fond of his design. I also hope he's secretly working for the villainous team. And I'm still hoping that we can walk with our Pokemon in these games.

Tommyb2405

could you get Unova Pokemon with DW abilities? would be cool if they added them in, if you couldnt already. I know its probably a stupid question but... Will The Route Numbers Stay The Same? or will the route after the Home City be Route 1?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I wonder about the possibility of the starters getting their Hidden Abilities from the start.

What bugs me is that hidden abilities a lot of the time seem they they could work for normal pokemon. Like darmanitan's...he seems to be based on a daruma, yet he only gets the ability that can turn him into one as his hidden ability. I know the ones at Relic Castle get the ability, but an ability like that I think should be possible for all of them.

I do like the crazy hidden abilities like marill getting sap sipper. ^^

Is he really a professor, though? Because when I mentioned that he was a professor, I got flamed and people told me he was just a researcher (apparently there's a distinction). Either way, I'm very fond of his design. I also hope he's secretly working for the villainous team. And I'm still hoping that we can walk with our Pokemon in these games.

Sorry, I thought it was confirmed he was a professor. :(

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Does want, though probably not.

Wasn't there a stage in the Battle Frontier of the last Gen? That's what I thought of.

Professor's actually a brain. OoO

Hmm, that's a possibility, though I doubt they'd reveal a Brain amongst all of these early-game characters, even if we don't find out until later.

They made his being evil so obvious, I kinda want him to "reveal" himself as evil early game, and then actually be a good guy later on.

could you get Unova Pokemon with DW abilities? would be cool if they added them in, if you couldnt already. I know its probably a stupid question but... Will The Route Numbers Stay The Same? or will the route after the Home City be Route 1?

The Routes will likely retain their old names. There's no reason for them not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.