• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

While I am here, I might as well demand they remove that 1 second delay after picking an attack and your Pokemon actually attacking. I hate having to tap the screen twice to hurry it along.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk

R_N

the school girl looked just as good as the rivals to me

She was reaching to her Pokeball. It was a nicely animated reach, but just look at how much flourish went into the Rival's animation. They're on totally different levels, probably because the Rival is a more important character

Kind of like comparing...
582.gif

this animation to...I dunno Pineco's.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
the school girl looked just as good as the rivals to me

Not really.

The Rival has this cool "Yo! I am ready to battle you!" pose, whereas the Female Clerk is just reaching at her Pokeball.

Last edited:
I kind of hoped they make animation for important trainers when they sent out the Pokemon like when they throw the Pokeball, I don't know if anyone will get this...

JD

I kind of hoped they make animation for important trainers when they sent out the Pokemon like when they throw the Pokeball, I don't know if anyone will get this...

The gym leaders will probably have it. I hope we're able to find Pokemon underwater by using Dive in this game like R/S/E. I actually had an idea of three different temples being found underwater and you'd be able to encounter the Lake Trio in them. It seems a little farfetch'd but I think it would be cool.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I hope we're able to find Pokemon underwater by using Dive in this game like R/S/E.

Given how the Dive Ball original Ruby/Sapphire mechanic has return that could be possible.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Not really.

The Rival has this cool "Yo! I am ready to battle you!" pose, whereas the school girls just meekly puts the pokémon on the ground.

Just a piece of correction. She is a Female Clerk and she is trying to reach at her Pokeball.

Anyway, I get your point. The Rival's movement is more dynamic, but I think it really depends on the character and on the pose.
Pretty sure some trainer classes will get dynamic animations as well -- consider the Dancer for example.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Just a piece of correction. She is a Female Clerk and she is trying to reach at her Pokeball.

Thanks for that, I wondering what her trainer class was.

Anyway, I get your point. The Rival's movement is more dynamic, but I think it really depends on the character and on the pose.
Pretty sure some trainer classes will get dynamic animations as well -- consider the Dancer for example.

Agreed, I am sure that the ace trainers will have some dynamic animation, although nothing will top Barry dance from Pokémon Platinum.

That was awesome.

Last edited:

Cerex

What I will be interested to see is the route the game will have you take this time around. Unova in B/W1 was a bit of a bore, you just moved forward, and once you defeated the Elite Four you basically could just go around in circles. With some areas being off limits (but not all of it, more on that in a bit) it should be interesting how the game story is organized.

It should also be interesting to see which gyms got replaced. So far from the image the glacier has only had an effect on areas after the the Elite Four and the two most earliest cities/towns.

ebevan91

While I am here, I might as well demand they remove that 1 second delay after picking an attack and your Pokemon actually attacking. I hate having to tap the screen twice to hurry it along.

That's so annoying! I liked the previous gen's battles better because of that reason.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Yeah, waiting five seconds for your opponents' HP to be lowered was much better.

Only to wait another 5 second because they use a full restore. -_-

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You didn't even have to wait until the "Opponent used Full Restore!" message. When I chose an attack and the text stayed away for more than a second, I already said "****!" I knew what that meant.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
You didn't even have to wait until the "Opponent used Full Restore!" message. When I chose an attack and the text stayed away for more than a second, I already said "****!" I knew what that meant.

That painful split second of waiting and knowing it'll happen.

The developers should've made the HP drop a disappearance. If Black Kyurem used Freeze Shock on Serperior, the amount of HP lost should just disappear instead of drop slowly. It's much more real and unpleasant like how someone says, "That's just how it is". This way it doesn't make you suffer with the agonizing anxiety of watching the HP slowly drop and keep you wondering if the opponent landed a critical hit or not.
But, alas, this isn't what happened in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.