• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
That painful split second of waiting and knowing it'll happen.

The developers should've made the HP drop a disappearance. If Black Kyurem used Freeze Shock on Serperior, the amount of HP lost should just disappear instead of drop slowly. It's much more real and unpleasant like how someone says, "That's just how it is". This way it doesn't make you suffer with the agonizing anxiety of watching the HP slowly drop and keep you wondering if the opponent landed a critical hit or not.
But, alas, this isn't what happened in the trailer.

But the speed pf the drop also shows how powerful the attack was. So the HP drop can help you.

Grei

not the color
Hey guys in case you didn't notice this before I did the trainer sprites all move now

I kind of liked that in BW, the shadow of the amount of HP lost would remain on the bar until the bar finished dropping. It gives you a better indication of how much damage was dealt. I'm sad BW2 is back to how previous games showed HP drop.

The italicized battle stats are nice, though.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Ahhh, fully animated trainer sprites is totally cool. And I'm loving all the little graphical flourishes in the overworld and in-battle (like the raised area of grass during battle). Seems like a huge shift from tile-based graphics, which BW1 did pretty well too. Very much liking what I'm seeing so far in terms of graphics, though I'm not sure what I think of BW Kyurem having their tubes in their sprites; just seems like a little much for me, especially with the distortion that occurs when the battle scene shifts around. But I'm sure I'll be over that soon enough.

R_N

Seeing the bar drop (not accounting for its speed, bu the actual drop itself) is also a lot more visceral than just seeing a chunk of your bar disappear. Without it, it just looks...cheaply done.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I don't know if this was pointed out but there seems to be a plane on the new place on the mountain...

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I wonder about the possibility of the starters getting their Hidden Abilities from the start.

Well, something might be going on with hidden abilities based on this excerpt I found on Bulbapedia about the new professor in B/W 2.

Bulbapedia said:
A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he [Professor Akuroma] is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon

Grei

not the color
Well, something might be going on with hidden abilities based on this excerpt I found on Bulbapedia about the new professor in B/W 2.

Seriously!? That's awesome! Maybe we'll start seeing more of those types of Pokemon available in BW2.

Assuming this is all true, I bet we'll be given a gift starter--Sinnoh Starters or Kanto Starters, I imagine--that will have its latent ability. Or, maybe he'll be able to bring out the latent abilities in your current Pokemon? If that ends up being the case I am choosing Snivy

EDIT: Also! I'd really like it if there was an in-game battle that had you use the Wonder Launcher. Alternatively (even better), if a Battle Frontier facility used the Wonder Launcher. That thing is too cool of a concept for it to be so ignored.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Assuming this is all true, I bet we'll be given a gift starter--Sinnoh Starters or Kanto Starters, I imagine--that will have its latent ability. Or, maybe he'll be able to bring out the latent abilities in your current Pokemon? If that ends up being the case I am choosing Snivy

Also! I'd really like it if there was an in-game battle that had you use the Wonder Launcher. Alternatively (even better), if a Battle Frontier facility used the Wonder Launcher. That thing is too cool of a concept for it to be so ignored.

I think everyone'll choose Snivy if Arukoma can change their normal abilities into hidden abilities. It's a given. Plus, Scolipede will probably move to the OU tier with Quick Feet and Flame Orb, Sawsbuck has a better chance at getting a spot on UU with Serene Grace (With both Shadow Ball and Energy Ball), and Whimsicott will become a better team member for a Sun Team. Not a definite, but a possibility.

Maybe a Wonder Launcher option instead of a whole facility consisting of that category of battle would be a more possible occurence. I'd still like to see this happening.

You know, at first Arukoma's hair reminded me of Thorton, and I was thinking that since Caitlin is in BW1, maybe Thorton could have come here all grown up. At the Battle Factory (that name brings back so much good memories), Thorton would usually compare the strength of your Pokémon to his. Maybe he let his bangs grow a bit more and it looks like that now.

Did anyone else notice that?

R_N

Plus, Scolipede will probably move to the OU tier with Quick Feet and Flame Orb, Sawsbuck has a better chance at getting a spot on UU with Serene Grace (With both Shadow Ball and Energy Ball), and Whimsicott will become a better team member for a Sun Team. Not a definite, but a possibility.

Why on earth would you ever run Quick Feet Burn Orb Scolipede. The Attack stat is its strongest offensive stat, Quick Feet doesn't cancel out Burn Orb's 50% drop. Also speed was never the big issue keeping it in RU much less keeping it away from OU
Sawsbuck should not be using Shadow or Energy Ball even with Serene Grace. It already has a lot of nice things going for it, and Chlorophyll complements it just fine.
Speaking of Whimsicott probably doesn't get much out of Chlorophyll. It's big "thing" is priority status moves and such, something it doesn't really need the speed boost for. And aside from that it doesn't have anything beyond Solar Beam to really use with Sun.

R_N

I read the Black 2 + White 2 main page on Serebii, and noticed the bold typing on the last sentence.

What's a region lock?

It means that certain regions, such as Japan, have things incompatible with other regions, such as the U.S.
In this case, Japanese BW2 will only play on Japanese DSi & 3DSes.

the Original DS & DS Lite, however, aren't region locked. They'll play any game from any region.

Piraka727

How can the DSI and 3DS models be region locked if it's a DS game? Also, i realised while watching the trailer that the entralink is different but during the trailer as it shows the three starters, when it show Oshawatt you can see a wave of...energy? coming from the entree. Sorry if someone already noticed :S

R_N

How can the DSI and 3DS models be region locked if it's a DS game? Also, i realised while watching the trailer that the entralink is different but during the trailer as it shows the three starters, when it show Oshawatt you can see a wave of...energy? coming from the entree. Sorry if someone already noticed :S

It's a DSi enhanced game. DSi exclusive (all like 3 of them) and DSi enhanced games are region locked.

Piraka727

It's a DSi enhanced game. DSi exclusive (all like 3 of them) and DSi enhanced games are region locked.

Ah, okay thanks :) I was pretty confused by that

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It means that certain regions, such as Japan, have things incompatible with other regions, such as the U.S.
In this case, Japanese BW2 will only play on Japanese DSi & 3DSes.

the Original DS & DS Lite, however, aren't region locked. They'll play any game from any region.

Great, I have a DS Lite, maybe just some Rosetta Stone and I'll be set for a small while after the Japan release.

garchompkid

Great, I have a DS Lite, maybe just some Rosetta Stone and I'll be set for a small while after the Japan release.

lol, the roseta stone had Egyptian, Greek and Arabic on it, not Japanese

ForeverFlame

lol, the roseta stone had Egyptian, Greek and Arabic on it, not Japanese

Oh my.

Anyway, I don't think there's a point to importing the Japanese version this time around. We're getting it in Fall 2012, which could mean 3 to 6 months after the game comes out in Japan. But it's still in the same year, which makes it appear to be sooner.

rocky505

Oh my.

Anyway, I don't think there's a point to importing the Japanese version this time around. We're getting it in Fall 2012, which could mean 3 to 6 months after the game comes out in Japan. But it's still in the same year, which makes it appear to be sooner.
Japan only wifi events. Plus we could have a region difference just like HGSS did. I always play my JP HG to get more Tbolt/Ice beam/Flamethrower TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.