• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
You know, at first Arukoma's hair reminded me of Thorton, and I was thinking that since Caitlin is in BW1, maybe Thorton could have come here all grown up. At the Battle Factory (that name brings back so much good memories), Thorton would usually compare the strength of your Pokémon to his. Maybe he let his bangs grow a bit more and it looks like that now.

Did anyone else notice that?
I don't see the resemblence. I think Caitlin's valet looks more like Arukoma. But I do think that stage they're on could be a Battle Facility at the Frontier.

Oh my.

Anyway, I don't think there's a point to importing the Japanese version this time around. We're getting it in Fall 2012, which could mean 3 to 6 months after the game comes out in Japan. But it's still in the same year, which makes it appear to be sooner.

"Oh my" that they knew about the real Rosetta Stone as oppossed to the language program? 9_9

Anyway, would be cool for the game to be released so soon in english. But it won't be two years for us as it is for Japan right? So we'd be playing in the future, lol.

txrlegend

All i want is at least one new Eeveelution... they are making him wild so it could be possible (and yes i know the compatibility issues, you don't need to state it)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
What compatibility issues?

txrlegend

The issue that if they make a new evolution the game wont be compatible to BW1, but personally i dont think it will be compatible anyways because it is a sequel. GF has surprised us before

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Why is that so? Red, Blue, and Yellow were compatible with Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Compatibility with black and white as any new pokemon would not show up in black and white if you did battles etc, however as its a mid-generation game there won't be any new pokemon so it doesn't matter.

They will more than likely be compatible, you just won't be able to trade any pokemon back to B/W if there are any new moves and abilities etc but again as its mid-gen there probably won't be any. Similar to how you could trade back to R/B/Y from G/S/C using the time machine if your pokemon had Gen1 moves only

rocky505

The issue that if they make a new evolution the game wont be compatible to BW1, but personally i dont think it will be compatible anyways because it is a sequel. GF has surprised us before
Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it won't be compatible. RGBY and GSC were compatible. Besides The looks of the game have became so futuristic looking where it could be possible to battle and trade whether there's a time difference or not.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why is that so? Red, Blue, and Yellow were compatible with Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

The issue here is the inability to transfer new Pokemon from BW2 to BW, because data for the new Pokemon that will be introduced in BW2 does not exist in BW.

txrlegend

Yeah that's what i've been told but look at it this way. Gold and Silver were compatible to Crystal because it was a third installment, same with DPP and all the others but with all the Wifi issues with B/W and such and this not being a third installment but a SEQUEL...... i have at least some hope for something new, plus that new pokemon scoop raises my interest in it.

rocky505

Yeah that's what i've been told but look at it this way. Gold and Silver were compatible to Crystal because it was a third installment, same with DPP and all the others but with all the Wifi issues with B/W and such and this not being a third installment but a SEQUEL...... i have at least some hope for something new, plus that new pokemon scoop raises my interest in it.
Tell me what region BW2 takes place in.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
chances are the new pokemon will be a new forme and not an actual new pokemon (sometimes they are announced as new pokemon) and if so in battles with B/W games then the form will be shown in their standard form in B/W. If it is a new pokemon then chances are it will be Genosect as it still hasn't had a proper announcement yet, any new pokemon would come after him in the national dex and we'd have an empty space until he was announced

If someone battled on platinum in any of Rotom's forme's with someone who was using D/P, on the D/P game it would show Rotom in its basic form but it would still have hydropump, overheat etc depending on its form in platinum. So i could see it working like that here if they are compatible with B/W

txrlegend

chances are the new pokemon will be a new forme and not an actual new pokemon (sometimes they are announced as new pokemon) and if so in battles with B/W games then the form will be shown in their standard form in B/W. If it is a new pokemon then chances are it will be Genosect as it still hasn't had a proper announcement yet, any new pokemon would come after him in the national dex and we'd have an empty space until he was announced

If someone battled on platinum in any of Rotom's forme's with someone who was using D/P, on the D/P game it would show Rotom in its basic form but it would still have hydropump, overheat etc depending on its form in platinum. So i could see it working like that here if they are compatible with B/W

I thought Genosect at first too but i know for a fact that they will wait to release him because of his movie and whatnot.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
The issue here is the inability to transfer new Pokemon from BW2 to BW, because data for the new Pokemon that will be introduced in BW2 does not exist in BW.
Well yes, but just like in my example, you don't trade things that weren't in the older game. And then you can still battle between the two if a new stadium comes out.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Yes it is 2 years later and technically in 2 years new pokemon could be discovered in that time, however with generation 1-4 pokemon appearing in Unova (which are technically classed as new due to them not being native to Unova) and it still being gen 5 it is very unlikely that new pokemon as it is midgeneration.

And yes Genosect will probably be announced in a movie; which is why there probably won't be any new pokemon as they would appear after it in the national dex so until it is revealed no new pokemon are likely to be added. Don't get me wrong, new pokemon would be nice but its extremely unlikely with it being still gen 5.

Last edited:

txrlegend

Yes it is 2 years later and technically in 2 years new pokemon could be discovered in that time, however with generation 1-4 pokemon appearing in Unova (which are technically classed as new due to them not being native to Unova) and it still being gen 5 it is very unlikely that new pokemon as it is midgeneration.

but with all the older generation pokes coming back thats just reenforces my speculation, if in 2 years almost 100 pokemon can somehow just migrate to Unova then why can't one of those pokes evolve to survive in this new area? its simple Darwinism really.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
sigh...yes i know it is that is why i said it, just because its a sequel doesn't mean that we will get new pokemon, again chances are they are a new form or genosect as formes are sometimes classed as new pokemon when first announced and genosect has not been revealed as said earlier it will more than likely get a movie. So i wouldn't get your hopes to high that it will be an actual new pokemon.

txrlegend

sigh...yes i know it is that is why i said it, just because its a sequel doesn't mean that we will get new pokemon, again chances are they are a new form or genosect as formes are sometimes classed as new pokemon when first announced and genosect has not been revealed as said earlier it will more than likely get a movie. So i wouldn't get your hopes to high that it will be an actual new pokemon.

Or they can just bring back the Time Machine so if you want to be compatible with B/W1 then you cant bring certain pokes. until the news on that new pokemon scoop comes out i will stay hopeful

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
thank you :)

Np. ^^

------------------

I'm all for new pokemon and know based on history it's a slim chance, but who knows. And I'd like a new eeveelution, but most likely they'd need to create a new evolution formula that wasn't available in the past since that's usually how old pokes get new evolutions. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.