• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatter

Veteran 10+ yrs
they need to make other moves available to certain pokemon too. Steelix is the "iron snake pokemon" and it doesn't get coil.
and for some reason my favorite turtle pokemon, Blastoise, is the only turtle that doesn't get shell smash! Torkal gets it, why not blastoise then?!

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
We've been discussing for a while about how there's virtually no real basis behind the idea that FRLG and RSE happen at the same time. RSE doesn't really have a place on the timeline. It'd be better if we all just pretended it never existed
Doesn't the whole deal with Celio and Lanette imply it's around the same time?

I just want Flareon to get Flare Blitz. (Or Blaze Kick, I guess, although the idea of Flareon kicking to attack is kind of hilarious.) It's not like it's going to become Uber if they give it a decent Physical attack, but the poor thing might finally be usable in game.

The other Eeveelutions all have usable move pools, although some of them aren't very versatile.
Now that you mention it, Blaze Kick on Flareon would be awesome. Flare Wheel would be nice too.

Bardische

Elegance.

Now that you mention it, Blaze Kick on Flareon would be awesome. Flare Wheel would be nice too.

I also believe Kanto and Hoenn happen at the same time, because of the deal with Celio and Lanette. Also, we need to understand that trading with Hoenn never used a time-capsule like device, implying no different times, which wasn't the case with Kanto (RBY) and Johto (GSC), which needed the time capsule to trade with.

Black and White definitely happen after the events of both Platinum or HeartGold and SoulSilver because Caitlin is much older and is of a different position than her Battle Castle persona.

I agree with this. Though if Flare Blitz would be in Flareon's moveset, it might need a Choice Scarf to mitigate its less than average speed if we're speaking in terms of competitive battling.

However, if it does indeed get a good physical Fire-type move, I would really use it in a Black and White 2 run. And also, it should get Fire Fang much earlier. Seriously, level 43 for pretty much the only viable Fire-type move it can ever have. That's just pitiful.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I also believe Kanto and Hoenn happen at the same time, because of the deal with Celio and Lanette. Also, we need to understand that trading with Hoenn never used a time-capsule like device, implying no different times, which wasn't the case with Kanto (RBY) and Johto (GSC), which needed the time capsule to trade with.

Black and White definitely happen after the events of both Platinum or HeartGold and SoulSilver because Caitlin is much older and is of a different position than her Battle Castle persona.

That's true, but it wouldn't necessarily be a stretch to assume that the presence of a game mechanic like a direct, non-time capsule trading device is non-canon for story purposes. Personally, I believe that RSE takes place at or around the same time as BW. This would support the idea of a remake in Gen V, and there's a possible bit of evidence in the fact that the Plasma grunt in N's Castle doesn't mention Team Aqua/Magma, which either implies that he's not familiar with their exploits or that the events have yet to take place. It's not much, but it is something to consider.

Bardische

Elegance.
Isn't a guy talking about Team Rocket in Anville ?

I think I remember a guy mentioning Team Rocket somewhere in the game. I don't know if it's Anville.

Anyways, Black and White are definitely after the events of the previous games (probably), especially HGSS. The Rocket Grunt with the unusual speech lives in Icirrus with his family, so at least there's some kind of chronology with that.

And I think the Plasma grunt who talked about Aqua and Magma talked about how they were kind of reckless or maybe how their goals were fruitless. I think he was bragging that Plasma does a better job and Magma/Aqua sucked.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
Isn't a guy talking about Team Rocket in Anville ?

The Team Rocket guy is in Icirrus City and can only be reached in Winter. He was the foregin accent Grunt who stole the part from the Power plant in HGSS/GSC.

Its almost no doubt that B/W are the latest games in the timeline. The Rocket Grunt has a family, Cythina says you remind her of the trainer who battle Giratina, and Caitlan is older.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
@Sheimi-Shaymin: The grunt in N's castle only talked about TR and TG, not Magma and Aqua. He never mentioned them at all. He merely said that TR and TG had attracted too much attention to themselves, and that had been the cause of their downfall. If Rocket were mentioned(their activities were restricted to one conjoined region) and so were Galactic's, I am very sure that Magma/Aqua must not yet have struck, because what they did was extremely dire(rapid climate change can wipe out large populations).

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
@Sheimi-Shaymin: The grunt in N's castle only talked about TR and TG, not Magma and Aqua. He never mentioned them at all. He merely said that TR and TG had attracted too much attention to themselves, and that had been the cause of their downfall. If Rocket were mentioned(their activities were restricted to one conjoined region) and so were Galactic's, I am very sure that Magma/Aqua must not yet have struck, because what they did was extremely dire(rapid climate change can wipe out large populations).

Umm, I think Galatic's plan would have wiped out more than the Sinnoh region.
I think Cyrus said the whole universe. Or maybe he said he would recreate the world in his image?

Last edited:

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
they need to make other moves available to certain pokemon too. Steelix is the "iron snake pokemon" and it doesn't get coil.
and for some reason my favorite turtle pokemon, Blastoise, is the only turtle that doesn't get shell smash! Torkal gets it, why not blastoise then?!

True that. All turtles need shell smash, even if it means destroying their home and leaving them bare and exposed to the elements.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. He could have just been giving example. "Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and Team Galactic attracted too much attention to themselves" sounds unnecessarily long-winded.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Another good example would be Serperior and Earthquake. Serperior is the only snake incapable of learning the move, for apparently no reason.

But I would be fine with it not getting EQ if it gets access to Aqua Tail and Dragon Rush :D

sSerenity

The Team Rocket guy is in Icirrus City and can only be reached in Winter. He was the foregin accent Grunt who stole the part from the Power plant in HGSS/GSC.

Its almost no doubt that B/W are the latest games in the timeline. The Rocket Grunt has a family, Cythina says you remind her of the trainer who battle Giratina, and Caitlan is older.

Thanks. So it's prove that

Gen I - Gen III came first
3 years later
Gen II - Gen IV
xxx years later
Gen V - Black White
2 years later
Gen V - Black White 2

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Thanks. So it's prove that

Gen I - Gen III came first
3 years later
Gen II - Gen IV
xxx years later
Gen V - Black White
2 years later
Gen V - Black White 2

Actually, all that proves is RBG -> GSC/DPPt -> BW.
It doesn't affect RSE.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Pokemon that come from RSE to BW are Pokemon that took "a long trip through time" for what it's worth

to be more precise, Pokemon from R/S/E/FR/LG.

Which does imply Kanto & Hoenn games have the same timeline.

Grei

not the color

Not necessarily. It just implies that they know one another, which is obvious since it's implied that every PC programmer knows one another.

I've never understood why Move Tutors couldn't simply charge money (even a high price of money). It seems unnecessary that Shards or Battle Points be used as currency for learning tutor moves.

I'm hoping that Serperior gets Aqua Tail, Earthquake, and especially Dragon Pulse (Contrary woo!), and that Shell Smash is somehow given to Samurott. If that happens, I might just flip a table in joy.

addman999

I would simply like an awesome top of a mountain battle like red in g/s/c/ in bw2, I think the games need more mystery like the regis with Braille in r/s/e
and more puzzles, the trick house would be awesome.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm hoping that Serperior gets Aqua Tail, Earthquake, and especially Dragon Pulse (Contrary woo!)

umm if you want to abuse Contrary then hoping for Draco Meteor would be a better choice ;)

Also, Dragon Rush would be good for it, Dragon Tail causes switching and is too weak.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
Not necessarily. It just implies that they know one another, which is obvious since it's implied that every PC programmer knows one another.

I've never understood why Move Tutors couldn't simply charge money (even a high price of money). It seems unnecessary that Shards or Battle Points be used as currency for learning tutor moves.

I'm hoping that Serperior gets Aqua Tail, Earthquake, and especially Dragon Pulse (Contrary woo!), and that Shell Smash is somehow given to Samurott. If that happens, I might just flip a table in joy.

I agree. Serperior needs different moves. Hopefully he gets Draco Meteor as well. Unlikely, but I can dream. Samurott and Blastoise should the first two Pokemon that get Shell Smash in BW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.