• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonbw

Beast Mode Trainer
One good thing they could add the same plain old boring League are Qualifying rounds like the Anime before fighting the Elite Four.
yes i this would be awesome just like they have in the anime

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
If we can catch the Regis in BW2, I hope Dive spots and Braille are fully integrated again. In my opinion, the Regi trio puzzle from Ruby and Sapphire is the most epic thing that Game Freak has ever done. Why do I have a feeling they would make the puzzle way too simple this time around...?

Because BW were way easier than most games in the main series.
One good thing they could add the same plain old boring League are Qualifying rounds like the Anime before fighting the Elite Four.

Except you already qualify for the league by having 8 badges.
That's absolutely true. In the Pokémon world point of few it makes a lot of sense. But from a gamers point of view (especially the veterans), you don't want to double the time it it takes to level a Dragonite to lvl 100 then the time it took in every game the past 12 years. I was kinda annoyed by it to be honest.
But still, technically I have to agree with you.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. The new system makes sense, but it sucks. :(Pokemon is getting even more realistic...

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Because BW were way easier than most games in the main series.
Except you already qualify for the league by having 8 badges.

No... that's not the point. Instead of the same plane challenge repeated constantly each generation, before figthing the Elite Four, everyone who gathered the 8 Gyms would compete on a qualification tournament, just like in the Anime, and the winner would get the chance to fight the Elite Four. I imagine something like the Battle Tower challenge, you are pitted against random opponents with random teams, and you can only use like 3 Pokémon each battle.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I would rather they just have a separate tournament post-game that you can enter through single-player. Maybe it could take the data of some people fought online and have their Pokemon or teams replace CPU opponents. If that's even possible.

pokemonbw

Beast Mode Trainer
I would rather they just have a separate tournament post-game that you can enter through single-player. Maybe it could take the data of some people fought online and have their Pokemon or teams replace CPU opponents. If that's even possible.
That would be cool but seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Sadly, I have to agree with you. The new system makes sense, but it sucks. :(Pokemon is getting even more realistic...

Yup, that's true. That doesn't nessecarily have to be a bad thing thoug, it just requires some 'getting used to' I think. But appearantly they've changed things about the Exp. system so we'll see how it turns out.

I am really craving for character customisation btw! I'm kind of bored by playing a dude with a cap every single game, also, the characters keep looking happier and cuter. I don't want that:p I'm even playing female characters now.. GAMEFREAK! Let us buy clothes in the Celadon Dept. Store! Because I'm tired of fighting my twin brothers online every time. Like I was born in a family of a few hundred twins. (in this case it's weird that there's always a mom and never a dad, giving birth to hundruplets one would think it should be the other way around. lol)

pokemonbw

Beast Mode Trainer
I wonder how in-depth they'll make the game. Like there is a couple ways to beat the games. One way could be the normal way or you could stop the bad guys earlier if your quick enough something that sparks up the game.

Grey Wind

I'd actually really love that, as unlikely as it is. Having something like the battle dome, except in a more league-ish way would be brilliant. You could fight your rival in the final and everything. It'd be a nice way to prolong the game at least. There could be some other random trainers from around the region who you defeated previously taking part too. I could imagine N and Reshiram interrupting it as well, if something like BW's ending happend.

Love the idea honestly.

Back to Regigigigigas, it makes sense to have it in the Abyssal Ruins, considering it had its own temple in DPPt. The regis could be found in special caves in the Desert Resort, Twist Mountain and Chargestone cave respectively once you catch Gigas.
It would seem a bit random though if it's unrelated.
Eh, to me it would seem a bit... lacklustre to have him there. With the prophecy in the ruins and what not, having Regigigas residing there would be almost a let down. It was said to have been sealed away, with the Regis as the key, so having it appear in the Abyssal Ruins (or anywhere for that matter) would be a bit random to me.

SilverFox

So sly
No... that's not the point. Instead of the same plane challenge repeated constantly each generation, before figthing the Elite Four, everyone who gathered the 8 Gyms would compete on a qualification tournament, just like in the Anime, and the winner would get the chance to fight the Elite Four. I imagine something like the Battle Tower challenge, you are pitted against random opponents with random teams, and you can only use like 3 Pokémon each battle.

Isn't that what Victory Road is for?

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
I'd actually really love that, as unlikely as it is. Having something like the battle dome, except in a more league-ish way would be brilliant. You could fight your rival in the final and everything. It'd be a nice way to prolong the game at least. There could be some other random trainers from around the region who you defeated previously taking part too. I could imagine N and Reshiram interrupting it as well, if something like BW's ending happend.

Love the idea honestly.

Eh, to me it would seem a bit... lacklustre to have him there. With the prophecy in the ruins and what not, having Regigigas residing there would be almost a let down. It was said to have been sealed away, with the Regis as the key, so having it appear in the Abyssal Ruins (or anywhere for that matter) would be a bit random to me.

Strange how you first point is about the only thing that can live on these forums without being shot down because it would based off the anime.

Regigigas appeared in Snowpoint Temple, is that any less random then the Abyssal Ruins. Although the Abyssal Ruins may not even be there anymore. The islands show that there have been changes to that area.
Isn't that what Victory Road is for?

I think they mean like a real, organized battle tournament before the league, not just walking thru an extra-hard route with extra-hard trainers.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Don't like the idea. If I travelled the region, earned 8 badges and battled through Victory Road, and then some douche said, 'harhar, gotcha, you've still got to win your way to the league through several qualifying rounds if you want the right to face the elite four' I'd punch them in the throat.

Those kind of tournament things are more for the Frontier/Subway, not for main gameplay.

And puting aside for a moment my love for customisation and putting outfits together (it's a girl thing), I don't really get why so many people want to customise the main character. For 90% of the game all you see of your character is a teeny tiny sprite; would you even really be able to appreciate the clothes it's wearing? And surely clothing the trainer is the least important aspect of a game that is supposed to be all about the 'mons?

Ereshk

Still planning
But then, what would happen if you lose? Except the game forces you to save before entering and automatically reset if you lose.

direelite

anyone notice the twins didnt have battle animations...

It looked like it was cut, like from the overworld it seeme like it cut a few seconds out, but maybe thats just me

edit: guess I was a little late oops

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I don't know if the battle mountain mechanic of Coliseum gameplay is the veterans dying wish for gamefreak to apply for a returning pro experience? Including hard mode and the like of as hard as a real person playing mode.

I've seen also customization begging too? Do you love to see you character decoratively pixeled or wait for 3ds improved fashion? I want answers form those minor fans. really, too much exaggeration people.

Grei

not the color
I don't know if the battle mountain mechanic of Coliseum gameplay is the veterans dying wish for gamefreak to apply for a returning pro experience? Including hard mode and the like of as hard as a real person playing mode.

I've seen also customization begging too? Do you love to see you character decoratively pixeled or wait for 3ds improved fashion? I want answers form those minor fans. really, too much exaggeration people.

What in the world are you saying?

Rio!

Composer
Don't like the idea. If I travelled the region, earned 8 badges and battled through Victory Road, and then some douche said, 'harhar, gotcha, you've still got to win your way to the league through several qualifying rounds if you want the right to face the elite four' I'd punch them in the throat.

Those kind of tournament things are more for the Frontier/Subway, not for main gameplay.

And puting aside for a moment my love for customisation and putting outfits together (it's a girl thing), I don't really get why so many people want to customise the main character. For 90% of the game all you see of your character is a teeny tiny sprite; would you even really be able to appreciate the clothes it's wearing? And surely clothing the trainer is the least important aspect of a game that is supposed to be all about the 'mons?

Rage_Quit.jpeg

Customization is entertaining I agree, but I really wouldn't mess with it since I couldn't really see it in-game anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.