• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Highly likely to be a misprint. Changing type effectiveness in the middle of a generation would break compatibility with Black & White

Geekachu

There's always a possibility that the Ghost/Bug thing was a mistake. If true, it would mean that Sableye and Spiritomb would lose their privilege of having no weaknesses. It would be a peculiar thing to change the type matchup chart halfway through a generation (which would point to this merely being a mistake), but it makes sense to an (incredibly minute) extent considering how kind Gen V is being to Bug Types.

Whilst they were at it they could have given Poison a nudge in the right direction.

rocky505

No more wondertomb or wonderbeye. So now the tynamo line are the only Pokemon with no weakness. I mean if true it would be great.

Last edited:
They wouldn't change the type chart for such a measly type relation while outright ignoring Water, Dragon, Ice and other shitty/overpowered types lol...

Grei

not the color
It's likely a misprint. It may not be, but it likely won't be, because that would make communication with BW really weird... Unless we aren't able to battle between BW and BW2.

kemal07

It's likely a misprint. It may not be, but it likely won't be, because that would make communication with BW really weird... Unless we aren't able to battle between BW and BW2.

I'm leaning towards your point actually... it wouldn't make sense especially when battling between BW and BW2 like you said...

R_N

It wouldn't be that big a deal, just have BW2 be the "Master" like it did with Hypnosis way back when
edit: Like it will have to do with the sacred beasts, anyway

That said: typo. Ghost resisting Bug has been around since Gen 1 and it's such a random thing to change now, mid generation.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Yeah, it's probably a typo. It wouldn't make sense to change type effectiveness because of reasons mentioned above.

This is way different than what you guys are talking about, but do you guys remember the Reshiram vs Zekrem battle? That was a link battle, right? Then why didn't Kyurem transforme back into its regular forme? Just something I noticed.

Kall El

..Silence..
*Sighs* most likely a typo.
That being said, should it hold true then it would be very interesting indeed.

kemal07

*Sighs* most likely a typo.
That being said, should it hold true then it would be very interesting indeed.

I just don't understand how battles between BW2 and BW1 would work that way though, if it does turn out to be true (in which I believe it is a typo...)

R_N

I just don't understand how battles between BW2 and BW1 would work that way though, if it does turn out to be true (in which I believe it is a typo...)

The same way it worked with Hypnosis: BW2 acts as the master game & Bug attacks will just normal damage.

Fero

Food lover
I do believe this is a typo , but in the unlikely chance that it isn't then there might be some hope for the weaker types to get some redemption in the next generations . (

Status
Not open for further replies.