• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
They're there, but I'm not sure if there's still trainer rematches there. Either way, not good enough. There needs to be a method to rematch ordinary trainers throughout the game. Vs. Seeker is preferable because it can be used almost everywhere (as a matter of fact, it should be able to be used everywhere, even in caves and gyms). The Xtransceiver could also function as a rematch system (doubtful, but still possible). Has anything been said about that?

Kinda like the Pokenav's Match Call I assume? I haven't heard anything about a feature like that, but I want to say I heard you could call NPCs, so maybe that extends to ordinary trainers and not just Cheren, the mom, Bianca, and Juniper.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
They're there, but I'm not sure if there's still trainer rematches there. Either way, not good enough. There needs to be a method to rematch ordinary trainers throughout the game. Vs. Seeker is preferable because it can be used almost everywhere (as a matter of fact, it should be able to be used everywhere, even in caves and gyms). The Xtransceiver could also function as a rematch system (doubtful, but still possible). Has anything been said about that?

IMO, the stadiums and Royal Unvoa are enough for me. Theres more trainers with the stadiums per day than the Pokegear and Pokenav.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Kinda like the Pokenav's Match Call I assume?

Exactly. And even that wasn't the first game to use such a feature, it goes back as far as GSC (albeit much more restricted back then).

IMO, the stadiums and Royal Unvoa are enough for me. Theres more trainers with the stadiums per day than the Pokegear and Pokenav.

Still pales in comparison to Vs. Seeker, which is something that should never be excluded from a main game again (except for RS remakes).

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I swear if there is no VS Seeker in this game I will be a tad pissed off. It was a great item to have. On another note, I guess there is no Battle Frontier then? I guess the World Tournament is a decent replacement.

AndyBananny

Preschooler Trainer
VS Seeker was too broken. They needed to water it down.

Bardische

Elegance.
VS Seeker was too broken. They needed to water it down.

...It was? I mean, 100 steps before you could use it again was fine.

My recent re-playthrough of Platinum had me not using it at all. Like I suddenly had no time to challenge anybody else. Lol.

ricedonut

pringle user
I really hope game freak listen to us and put in the VS Seeker. Also I hope they put in venomoth, scyther or heracross because there's a serious lack of non unova bug types.

SilverFox

So sly
Quick question: Is the WT like BF level difficulty with EVs and IVs and whatnot, or will strictly in-game training players be able to find it somewhat challenging, but beatable.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm kind of confused on World Tournament, wasn't it suppose to have some downloadable characters or something? But it seems all Gym Leaders are battleable so long as you beat Unova's.

I can't complain, being able to battle them all without the use of downloading or whatever is great for me.

7 tyranitars

I'm kind of confused on World Tournament, wasn't it suppose to have some downloadable characters or something? But it seems all Gym Leaders are battleable so long as you beat Unova's.

I can't complain, being able to battle them all without the use of downloading or whatever is great for me.

Same for me. No Wifi For the win...

gliscor&yanmega

Same for me. No Wifi For the win...

Although I suppose this means Gym Rematches will be World Tournament only, and it seems like the battles are all 3 vs 3, but it's better then nothing, plus I'm sure it'll be difficult, the Pokemon are random I believe, making it harder to know who you'll battle in terms of person and Pokemon.

I can't wait until Serebii gets the game and starts the coverage for more in depth.

diakyu

Quick question: Is the WT like BF level difficulty with EVs and IVs and whatnot, or will strictly in-game training players be able to find it somewhat challenging, but beatable.
I believe it is just as hard. But from what I hear the black skyscraper might be harder. Except the black skyscraper gives EXP I believe.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Wait, the Battle Frontiers in the past used ev trained pokemon with ivs in mind?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Does anybody know if the seasons are still in the game? They probably are, and that could mean that some frozen parts are melted in summer, and more areas frozen come winter.

SilverFox

So sly
I believe it is just as hard. But from what I hear the black skyscraper might be harder. Except the black skyscraper gives EXP I believe.

That's a shame. For a while there I was actually pretty excited to use it. Oh well, wasn't meant to be for me.

LizardKing

I'm so excited for this game to come out in North America, mainly because of the World Tournament. I've been around since the series started (I received my copy of Pokemon Blue on September 28th, 1998, which was the day it first came out and my fifth birthday haha) and I'm stoked that we'll be able to face like Trainer Red, Trainer Blue, Lance, etc. I'm one of those nostalgia freaks when it comes to Pokemon, but I'm just excited to see the older generations' Pokemon and trainers in Black and White 2. =) There's still no hints at a release date for NA, right?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Rival having only 3 Pokemon by the 7th gym is lame, especially with an expanded Pokedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.