• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Does the mulch have any purpose whatsoever? I just find it bizzare that you can bulk buy it in Join Avenue.

All I know is that someone buys it. I don't think it can be used at all.

ryziken

So I tried searching this thread, couldn't find an answer to this.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do 6vs6 wifi battles with FLAT lv. 100 ruleset? Cuz it wasn't possible in BW 1...

IllusionZoroark

I asked this a couple of pages back, but I'll re-ask as I imagine nobody noticed it. I'll also add another question seeing as somebody else asked it.

1) Do the left side Pokemon World Tournament options only use gym leaders? (such as rental, mix, driftveil, and so on)

2) How does Mix Battle work? Do you use your own Pokemon going into it? Are you forced to switch or is it optional?

3) Has the Battle Subway been expanded to include triple and rotation battles?

ssilva872

For the medals that say defeat the Elite 4 and Champion with only Normal type pokemon or say Fire type pokemon dual type pokemon count right?

So Chandelure would count for the Fire Type medal as well as the Ghost type medal?

That seems pretty cool; I want to try and get those eventually and same goes for the one for beating the Elite 4/champ with only one pokemon.

R_N

For the medals that say defeat the Elite 4 and Champion with only Normal type pokemon or say Fire type pokemon dual type pokemon count right?

So Chandelure would count for the Fire Type medal as well as the Ghost type medal?

That seems pretty cool; I want to try and get those eventually and same goes for the one for beating the Elite 4/champ with only one pokemon.

Dual types do count!
In fact, if you have total overlap you can earn multiple medals at once.

Someone on smogon, for example, beat the e4 with just Black Kyurem. He got the Solo medal, the Dragon mono medal, and Ice mono medal

ssilva872

Dual types do count!

Someone on smogon, for example, beat the e4 with just Black Kyurem. He got the Solo medal, the Dragon mono medal, and Ice mono medal

Thanks for the response.

That is really cool.

I want to get all of those medals especially grass, dragon, and psychic since they have my three favorite pokemon in them. :p

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
When can you use the Pokemon World Tournament?

You're forced to enter when you arrive in Driftveil for the first time during the main story, and it is then that you battle Cheren, Hugh, and Corless. However, you must wait until the post-game, I believe, if you want to battle the Gym Leaders/Champions.

R_N

Was board, decided to list out all the changes to held items:
Rattata & Raticate no longer have a chance to hold Chilan Berries
The Pikachu line no longer has a chance to hold Oran berries
-Pikachu itself now has a 5% chance of holding Light Ball rather than 1% (still kind of null considering it's not wild...)
Growltihe & Arcanine now have 50% chance of holding Rawst berries, rather than
Rather than Nuggets, Grimer & Muk got all new held items:
-Grimer has a 5% chance of holding Black Sludge
-Muk has a 50% chance of holding Black Sludge and a 1% chance of holding a Toxic Orb (sounds like prime Hidden Hollow material)
Mr. Mime no longer has a 5% chance of holding a Leppa Berry
Sunkern don't hold Coba berries anymore
Skitty & Delcatty have 50% chance of holding Pecha berries rather than a 5% chance of holding Leppa
Roselia & Roserade (NOT Budew), in addition to the 5% Poison Barb it could always have, now have a 1% chance of holding Absorbing Bulb.
-Was I the only one to JUST NOW realize this was a flower bulb and not a light bulb? Yeah? Oh...
Spoink & Grumpig have a 50% chance of holding Persim Berries rather than a 5% chance of holding Tanga Berries
Combee only have a 5% chance of holding Honey, rather than 100%
Drifblim has a 1% chance of holding an Air Balloon
Buneary's line went from 5% Chople -> 50% Pecha
Tympole's line went 50% Persim -> 50% Pecha
The entire Gothitelle & Reuniclus lines now have a 50% chance of carrying Persim berries
And finally, Heatmor have a 1% chance of holding a Flame Orb

a lot of this is very "sure why not"

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
No, because once you start the game over your keys are erased.
You'll still be able to enjoy increased Post-game Challenge difficulty however

yh but i will loose all pokemon and have to start the story all over again? :/ sorry what do you mean when you say? "once you start the game over your keys are erased."

Last edited:

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
I agree!

What I'm expecting to be added:

- The "Pokémon following you around" feature returns, but hopefully this time it'll become optional.
- Gym leader rematches
- Battle Frontier

Looking forward to all of these! Though I'm not particularly keen on the way the trainers look

gliscor&yanmega

Dual types do count!

Meh, I'm going to get each of those medals individually, gives me more use out of more teams. I'll probably try to get multiple Medals at once for other things though.

yh but i will loose all pokemon and have to start the story all over again? :/ sorry what do you mean when you say? "once you start the game over your keys are erased."

I'm pretty sure it means that the moment you delete your save file, the keys are deleted as well, in other words, you can't reply the games on Challenge Mode, you need someone to transfer the right key to unlock Challenge Mode. However, you can play post game with Challenge Mode on I believe, but it's only obtainable on one game(Black 2), so if you don't have the game that gives that key then you'll need someone who has the right key to give it to you.

Looking forward to all of these! Though I'm not particularly keen on the way the trainers look

Why'd you reply to a post back on the first post that was made many months before the games were released? None of the stuff in that post is even in the games, at less not to the same extent as they were before.

No Pokemon follows you at all, I believe Victini can come out of it's ball...for a few seconds back at it's old place.

Gym Leader rematches are done via World Tournament which isn't the same as past Gym Leader rematches, it's more challenging though.

No Battle Frontier, but Battle Subway and World Tournament are basically Battle Facilities.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
I'm pretty sure it means that the moment you delete your save file, the keys are deleted as well, in other words, you can't reply the games on Challenge Mode, you need someone to transfer the right key to unlock Challenge Mode. However, you can play post game with Challenge Mode on I believe, but it's only obtainable on one game(Black 2), so if you don't have the game that gives that key then you'll need someone who has the right key to give it to you. do

how do i have a game that gives me the key and what do you mean by "you can play post game with Challenge Mode" sorry i just want to buy the game and start it on challenge mode

gliscor&yanmega

do how do i have a game that gives me the key and what do you mean by "you can play post game with Challenge Mode" sorry i just want to buy the game and start it on challenge mode

Once you get Challenge Mode(After beating Iris the first time) you unlock Challenge Mode, but you can't restart the game and play it like that, you can only use Challenge Mode for the stuff after Iris(Post game).

The only way you'll be able to start on Challenge Mode from the start is if someone gives you the key from their game, although if you have two DS systems and two games(One of which needs to be Black 2 as that's the game that gives you Challenge Mode) then you can do it yourself, of course this means more money you'll need to spend.

These links explain it:
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/unovalink.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/assistchallengemode.shtml

Once you get Challenge Mode(After beating Iris the first time) you unlock Challenge Mode, but you can't restart the game and play it like that, you can only use Challenge Mode for the stuff after Iris(Post game).

The only way you'll be able to start on Challenge Mode from the start is if someone gives you the key from their game, although if you have two DS systems and two games(One of which needs to be Black 2 as that's the game that gives you Challenge Mode) then you can do it yourself, of course this means more money you'll need to spend.

These links explain it:
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/unovalink.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/assistchallengemode.shtml

thats kinda stupid...challenge mode sounds so fun and thats how i wanna start the game..rather than just on normal difficulty...
maybe someone on here would be nice enough to send me the keys to unlock it from the beginning?

gliscor&yanmega

thats kinda stupid...challenge mode sounds so fun and thats how i wanna start the game..rather than just on normal difficulty...
maybe someone on here would be nice enough to send me the keys to unlock it from the beginning?

It's not all that different from needing to Trade certain Pokemon to evolve them or get them. Pokemon has always had these kind of things, I wouldn't really call it stupid, more annoying for those who wont be able to access the features.

I believe the keys can only be sent via Infrared, so someone would need to be close to you to send them to you.

It's not all that different from needing to Trade certain Pokemon to evolve them or get them. Pokemon has always had these kind of things, I wouldn't really call it stupid, more annoying for those who wont be able to access the features.

I believe the keys can only be sent via Infrared, so someone would need to be close to you to send them to you.

Its way different then needing to trade with pokemon because you can do that anytime throughout the game..the challenge mode unlocks a feature to the game which further develops the game play... a trade is just trade ingame has no bearing on the overall gameplay

the challenge mode does and once you unlock it, it doesnt make much sense not being able to restart your game and playing through with challenge mode activated. So restarting the game should not restart the key logically

Status
Not open for further replies.