• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Ideas v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonair

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Okay, I think it's a good idea to restart this topic for 2 reasons:

1. The other one moves at ludicrous speed at times, so restarting it would let me keep track of it for once.
2. It's just good to restart these things once in awhile. :p

You know what to do. If you don't, just post an idea. Any idea. Feel free to discuss them too.

And in my attempt to bring some intelligent posts to this thread, please be advised that yes, we all want Night/Day back in. You don't have to mention it, especially since every post in the 1.0 thread had that in each post pretty much. Also, you juuuust might want to read a page or two just incase your idea has been mentioned (and maybe it got bashed to bits, so if you post it, the same thing could happen :( ).

FINALLY!

Once I find some Tikal sprites (I've seen some before) I am making you an animation.

Yeah, I really think that save files won't happen upsy, less space for the game.

PkmnTrainerJ

Contests again. Re-challenging all the trainers and Gym Leaders via a merge of VS Seeker and Match Call. Then the other ideas I have posted here about the Elite 4 Champion.

S

Stryder

Perhaps a different story in the beginning, the same old getting your first Pokèmon then doing another errand to get your Pokèdex gets old. I'd like to be able to get my Pokèdex as soon as I get my first Pokèmon. Maybe switch up the story a bit and come up with something new for the start.

T

Talo!

good bug and dark moves as tms, more strong bug pokemon and a good dark special attacker( maybe manyula).

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
upsy-daisy said:
Maybe have a couple save files.That's it for me
I posted that idea a while back. I'd love for that to happen but it most likely won't. :(

Porygandrew

All of my ideas carried over from the old thread. I decided to compile them into one thread for easier access. I did edit out a couple of ideas, just because of gameplay issues or hypothetical thinking.

[1]. Someone had a question a while back about if the VS seeker or the Match Call will be in the next system (or replaced totally by a new item).
First thing, I liked the Pokegear. It was more, well, tech-savvy. It looked like something anybody in real life could carry around (based off of a cell phone, I know). The VS seeker and the Pokenav both look a little foreign to me (Let's walk around with a white and blue/pink triangle[pedometer] that gets people pepped up!). I hope the next item will look a little more integrated.
__ I hope it has both features: The VS seeker would let you rebattle trainers wherever, but the Match Call would be saved for gym leaders and specialized trainers who could have teams that give EVs in one area, or selected areas. Therefore these trainers who are stronger than run-of-the-mill trainers would be a little harder to access than the ones available on the VS Seeker. With the Match Call, there could also be a return of giving items by those trainers, getting calls about swarms, and getting actual useful advice (such as where such-and-such-needed-item-to-advance-the-plot is located).
__ I'd like to see trainers with moves other than the ones wild pokemon have. I'd like to see trainers who have TM moves on their pokemon (besides Gym Leaders) or even egg moves. Imagine going up against a Manectric and all of a sudden it uses Crunch and Headbutt.
__ Here's how it would work:
__ There are trainers that you access like the Match-Call/Cell-phone gadgets do. These trainers have a specialized team with pokemon that give out certain matching EVs.
__ Because these trainers give out matching EVs, they will be prime targets for EV trainers. But since it's a powerful way of raising your team, these trainers will be accessed less frequently than normal trainers.
__ The moves these pokemon know could include TM/HM, Move Tutor, & Egg Moves. The moves can also change, corresponding to how many times you've defeated them. TM/HM moves and Move Tutor moves can be added at any time, but Egg Moves need to be there to begin with, and once gone, can't be gotten back (we will assume that the pokemon team they use is the same team and they're not switching out, like a dozen swellows or something, each time you battle them).

[2] For the status screen, I would sure like to see a happiness meter or a "happy face" icon. I don't think I need to go to a special person to see if what I've been carrying around forever likes me or not.

[3] I'd like to see the return of the Mystery Gift from GSC. With the wireless function, it'd open it up a lot, instead of just p2p with the person in front of you.

[4] One minor thing I'd like to see is the assignment of each of a pokemon's 4 attacks to the x, y, a, and b buttons to allow faster selection of moves. If anything, this could be an option. (I'm quicker with buttons than the stylus)

[5] It'd be nice if items were sectioned off into different categories such as: Held Items, Key Materials, Pokeballs, what-not - kind of like a backpack-organization on the PC. (But I can see the uselessness of it.)

[6] I hope the 3rd starter is given to someone, and the your rival(s) have a more active role instead of just being at a certain point and talking/battling you, and wandering off.

Last edited:

Mudkip3

What I've thought of (and don't flame me!) is that one, two, or even three characters like Brock, Max, and May could follow you around, and they could even battle with you (or battle you). Just my idea. And if they bring Secret Bases back, I would like some more ideas for designs and maybe have some random trainers already in some bases for you to battle.

D

darkraven_92

This is probably dumb but maybe in the game you could have some of the characters talk so you could hear what they say.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
Mudkip3 said:
What I've thought of (and don't flame me!) is that one, two, or even three characters like Brock, Max, and May could follow you around, and they could even battle with you (or battle you). Just my idea. And if they bring Secret Bases back, I would like some more ideas for designs and maybe have some random trainers already in some bases for you to battle.
That idea would've only been plausible for yellow version since that was the most anime based version of all pokemon RPG games. But it won't happen b/c the main character is a loner, and will travel in his journey alone. As for your other idea on secret bases I like, and Darkraven, please post where you get DP facts from instead of just saying, "from what I've heard" please, thank you. :/

blueguy

used Metronome!
Mudkip3 said:

I love the idea of having more characters with you. It would be more challenging to have to juggle two or three teams and it would give oppurtunities for some cool sequences, where your partners can react and such.

Patriot

Ahh, great!
A new start :).

Well, my 2 cents:
I'd like to have more boxes in my pc. Mainly because I want to have a box for évery type (and then some other, because there are so many normal types..). Or maybe a function to automaticly have a box for each type? Also increasing the box size by about 20 (making it a total of 50, w00t teh m4th r0x0rz).

Also I think it's pretty plausible, since they upgraded the box system every generation, why not do it this gen too?

Also I'd like your home to be more of a point where you actually want to come back a few times. Right now the only reason to come back is read mail (if you have any) and get the Amulet Coin from your moms. Maybe they should add some extra features to the house (that will actually be used, no useless things).

T

Tsubotsubo

Real battle animation. With backgrounds, movement, physical contact when using a physical attack... all that stuff.

I know, everyone says, "NO ITZ TEH IMPOSSIBLE NOT ENUF MEMORRY!11!1", but take a second and play Telefang 2.

This is a game that came out BEFORE Ruby/Sapphire, on the GBA, and it has the creatures actually moving in battle, and doing an animation when they attack. Physical attacks actually hit the other creature. Battles can be as many as 3-on-3 at times. And this was BEFORE R/S CAME OUT!

If some no-name company that's only made 2 or 3 games can do it on a GBA, why wouldn't Nintendo be able to do it on the DS?

Patriot

Game Freak makes the game, not Nintendo.

Anyway, it's pretty much possible as long as they 2D. But since the DS is capable of 3D they're prolly going to use it.. which sucks if you ask me..

Blues

Monkey Dragon
I remember someone else posted this a while back: Having different lures on your fishing rod. To be able to catch different Pokemon, you would have to use things like Pokeblocks and all kinds of lures.

melvin

^melvin^
no 3d graphics but more like cell shaded graphics.
-i liked using headbutt on trees to find pokemon.
-i want to pick a song to listen to instead of the town or route song.
-i would like having at least two files.
-having different lures and poles for fishing would be awsome. you couldnt catch a garados on a river pole made for catching goldeen.
-maybe you could find injured pokemon in the wild, catch it, and take to the pokemon center to heal it where you would keep it once healed

blueguy

used Metronome!
Blues said:
I remember someone else posted this a while back: Having different lures on your fishing rod. To be able to catch different Pokemon, you would have to use things like Pokeblocks and all kinds of lures.

That's a really cool idea... in fact, it's pure brilliance!

D

Dahamu

Tsubotsubo said:
Real battle animation. With backgrounds, movement, physical contact when using a physical attack... all that stuff.

I know, everyone says, "NO ITZ TEH IMPOSSIBLE NOT ENUF MEMORRY!11!1", but take a second and play Telefang 2.

This is a game that came out BEFORE Ruby/Sapphire, on the GBA, and it has the creatures actually moving in battle, and doing an animation when they attack. Physical attacks actually hit the other creature. Battles can be as many as 3-on-3 at times. And this was BEFORE R/S CAME OUT!

If some no-name company that's only made 2 or 3 games can do it on a GBA, why wouldn't Nintendo be able to do it on the DS?

I think the problem with this is alot of the attack wouldn't be plausible are wouldn't make since if they were physical. Like how would an ekans look using wrap? Using wrap on a snorlax? Think about how each pokemon that learns rollout would have to have an animation of them using rollout. Miltank? Marill? Golem? What how so many pokemon learn TM's that doesn't really seem like they would learn them. How would they animate that? Im sure they thought about doing that, but they do it for a reason, which is why they don't have actual physical contat in the handheld games are 3D games. I think they should just improve on what they are doing, like slight movment, and backgrounds, but improve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.