• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they will allow you to transfer Pokemon...my white 2 has literally 9 teams from various games on it. I will be so upset if I am unable to transfer my year long work to future generations. It will still be awesome though, I saw a dratini in the trailer which is one of my top 10 Pokemon.

I think that it goes without saying you will be able to transfer Pokémon, surely? Or is there some DS to 3DS complication I'm unaware of?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd like HMs to disappear in the sense that they're moved that can't be deleted conventionally once taught. The moves themselves are good, but if they're going to make them near obsolete they might as well make them normal moves.
HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.

I forgot about that, but yes, being unable to delete them conventionally was a bother. It was nice to see Flash deviate from that, in that it still has use, but is no longer an HM. It was nice being able to teach my Chandelure Flash in Wellspring Cave to light things up, then immediately reteach Flamethrower, so I wouldn't have to go back for a pokemon, only to waste a spot. Should HM's stay as they are, I would like to see Cut get a buff, at least in battle.

Yeah, I don't see why they didn't put the difficulty options at the beginning. They also shouldn't be version exclusive.

Being version-exclusive was annoying, and I'm sure Easy Mode isn't needed on a Pokemon game anyway, so that way even more frustrating. More so that I can't change difficulty from the start, but at least we can change it whenever.

Titanhunter

I have a sneaking suspicion that this game won't be backwards compatible. My suspicion for that decision would be for GF to have a reason to make the RSE remakes.
Currently, there isn't really much reason that they should do so, as you can get all of the Hoenn pokemon from the Gen IV + V games.
The rest of the pokemon missing then would most likely be obtained from a similar DW-esque website, or other main series games in the gen VI line (Pokemon Z, etc.)

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
I have a sneaking suspicion that this game won't be backwards compatible. My suspicion for that decision would be for GF to have a reason to make the RSE remakes.
Currently, there isn't really much reason that they should do so, as you can get all of the Hoenn pokemon from the Gen IV + V games.
The rest of the pokemon missing then would most likely be obtained from a similar DW-esque website, or other main series games in the gen VI line (Pokemon Z, etc.)

you don't think money would be a reason for them not to want to remake the games.

Leaf1998

Pokedex 636/649
HMs should just die. They could still be there as TMs, but its annoying when you don't have a HM you need or when you can't delete it when your Pokemon needs to learn a move.

I don't think HMs should just disappear. But maybe some moves could have the same field affects, like slash or false swipe for cut, to make them better in battles.

halloweenghost

we are in 2013.. i'm pretty sure a way to transfer pokemon will be in..

the reason we could not tansfer from gen 2 to 3 is because of natures and all the values they all had to have.

I mean the whole ninendo direct was about how the franchise have grown over the years.. not being able to tansfer pokemon in 2013 would be a HUGE step backwards

Last edited:

AK Adam

What to put here...
I miss the pokethlon fomr Hg/Ss, but I doubt that will come back. I hope we have an option to leave run on this time. That was a big step backward from Hg/Ss to B/W

BurningWhiteKyurem

Guys, I wouldn't be so worried about Poketransferring. After all *Genius Sorority came up with the Pokemon Battle Revolution after Diamond and Pearl and you're still able to transfer data between DS cart and a Wii CD. 3DS cart and DS cart communication should be possible then.

Macromind101

Hey can you guys give me some feedback on my theory?
Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out (presuming, of course, that there WILL be a Gen VI, which is likely looking at Pokemon's ongoing success). What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous. And then there's a villainous team who is the first criminal organization in Pokemon history to utilize Pokemon in a bad way, their purpose being to discover the proper utilization of Pokemon to bring out their full potential since no one really knows how to do that yet. And Pokemon gyms and the Pokemon League is a new thing that is being tested (or it may not even exist yet, meaning there's room for new ideas). As for transferring Pokemon from previous generations to Gen VI, there could be a time machine whose purpose is to help the inventor study what Pokemon would be like in the future to help develop the methods of using Pokemon that would be utilized in generations yet to come (so meaning Generations I-V). Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" (clear that they ditched the idea by the time B2W2 came out). Well, Gen VI could literally be a new start. Aside from ancient history involving legendaries, Pokemon history has still been unclear so Gen VI games could be the tool to clear up any confusions, and plus it is a cool idea (at least in my opinion).

AK Adam

What to put here...
Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out (presuming, of course, that there WILL be a Gen VI, which is likely looking at Pokemon's ongoing success). What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous.
Since they showed us a trailer for Gen VI, pretty sure we'll have it :p. But I don't think it will take place in the past because Oak would have incorporated these pokemon into the pokedex if it were in the past. It' be hard to upgrade to a pokedex that doesn't exist yet

Last edited:

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
I like the way it sticks with moving in 4 directions, since it just feels like pokemon's way and for me would be one of the things were it wouldn't feel right without.
I hope they bring the running shoes button back on the touch screen or if the roller blades replace them then a roller blades button.
It seems pretty much everything UI related is going to be shifted to the touch screen by the looks of things.

Macromind101

Since they showed us a trailer for Gen VI, pretty sure we'll have it :p. But I don't think it will take place in the past because Oak would have incorporated these pokemon into the pokedex if it were in the past. It' be hard to upgrade to a pokedex that doesn't exist yet

Sorry I posted this on another forum two days ago but since no one was replying to it I instead posted here so pardon the parts that seem ignorant of current events. But remember that there were non-Generation I Pokemon that were stated to have been discovered several years in the past that weren't incorporated into the Pokedex in previous generations that were supposed to have taken place before chronologically. The clearest example is the lack of Hoenn Pokemon in the original GSC games. I know that the real world reason is obvious in that those Pokemon weren't designed when previous games came out but the reason for the Pokemon universe is that, clearly, inter-regional communication is poor. Sentret is as common as a squirrel in Johto and yet citizens in Kanto, even the professor, was completely unaware of its existence (and in the remakes, they say that more Pokemon was "discovered" although I'm pretty sure a Pokemon as common as Sentret would have been seen way before Oak did). It's probably the same reason in Generation VI, given, of course, that my speculation is actually correct.

Eh, but maybe I'm just playing too much Dragon Quest :p (the last games in each trilogies are always prequels)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm actually a bit disappointed that they seem to have replaced the Bicycle with Roller Skates. The Roller Skates have less potential for mobility like with the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. I can't imagine the player character being able to skate up cliffs or something.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I'm actually a bit disappointed that they seem to have replaced the Bicycle with Roller Skates. The Roller Skates have less potential for mobility like with the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. I can't imagine the player character being able to skate up cliffs or something.

How do you know for sure they replaced it. We might have all 3. Im pretty sure they are undecided on this.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out (presuming, of course, that there WILL be a Gen VI, which is likely looking at Pokemon's ongoing success). What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous. And then there's a villainous team who is the first criminal organization in Pokemon history to utilize Pokemon in a bad way, their purpose being to discover the proper utilization of Pokemon to bring out their full potential since no one really knows how to do that yet. And Pokemon gyms and the Pokemon League is a new thing that is being tested (or it may not even exist yet, meaning there's room for new ideas). As for transferring Pokemon from previous generations to Gen VI, there could be a time machine whose purpose is to help the inventor study what Pokemon would be like in the future to help develop the methods of using Pokemon that would be utilized in generations yet to come (so meaning Generations I-V). Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" (clear that they ditched the idea by the time B2W2 came out). Well, Gen VI could literally be a new start. Aside from ancient history involving legendaries, Pokemon history has still been unclear so Gen VI games could be the tool to clear up any confusions, and plus it is a cool idea (at least in my opinion).

This is an interesting idea (especially with the time capsule thing)...but the time capsule connect first gen games with silver and gold so im not sure.
-I dont know why, but your post started to make me think about (if we do go back to the past of how were before they evolve into what we see now...) the pokedex counting up negatives: -2,-1,0,1,2 etc

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.

Maybe it didn't replace the bike. It might as well have just replaced the running shoes. How come your character needed special shoes to be able to run anyway? Were they more comfy or what? Roller blades would make more sense in that regard.

Ace of Shades

I don't what it is but the battle scenes I want to marry them and they are just so captivating and i don't even know what emotion i am feeling towards it is just so AgH!!!!! I don't even know how to describe how I feel! JUST AGH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.