• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The Cel-shaded Pokemon look amazing! I don't mind the extra slowness in the battles, the sprites eventually get bland and stale after awhile so this is amazingly refreshing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm actually a bit disappointed that they seem to have replaced the Bicycle with Roller Skates. The Roller Skates have less potential for mobility like with the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. I can't imagine the player character being able to skate up cliffs or something.

Well it's not like Pokemon is really grounded in reality. Besides which, the Mach Bike and Acro bike haven't been used in a decade.

Harry12

Flygon Trainer
the new sprite looks a bit wierd IMO. But I am very keen to see how good the 3D graphics for this game are. I think it's good nintendo are releasing a game on the 3DS, and obviously it's a great money maker as most die hard fans who don't have one already will need to buy one to play the game. I was surprised
B/W 2 wasn't made for 3DS

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe it didn't replace the bike. It might as well have just replaced the running shoes. How come your character needed special shoes to be able to run anyway? Were they more comfy or what? Roller blades would make more sense in that regard.

Running shoes are definitely in, the character is shown running in that forest before he encounters a wild Pikachu. It's possible that they didn't, but I don't see the point in that. They're both used to increase the character's speed, so unless the Roller Skates bring something unique to the table, it'd be redundant to have both.

Well it's not like Pokemon is really grounded in reality. Besides which, the Mach Bike and Acro bike haven't been used in a decade.

They were there in spirit in DPPt with the different gears.

That's a fair point, but the games have to follow some sort of logic, and a bicycle seems more realistic for that purpose since bikes are better suited for mountainous terrain.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
But rollerskates are more portable, especially if they are the kind that collapse into your shoes.

Or... it might go

Ability to run (slight speed up), Roller skates (speed up), Bike (great speed up)

I'm actually a bit disappointed that they seem to have replaced the Bicycle with Roller Skates. The Roller Skates have less potential for mobility like with the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. I can't imagine the player character being able to skate up cliffs or something.
Not to worry, there's always a solution and for this it shall/should/might/imcrazy : Rocket Shoes

Edit : Btw how many of you are betting the issue with ridiculous trades/asking trades for GTS will probably remain the same? I have a bit of hope that this issue will be gone but....well I've been wrong before :U

Last edited:

Mokepon22

Lol speaking of skating up cliffs...I wonder if the ledges will be back

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways

Ironfish

pokemon scientist

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways

At least and HM to climb them hopefully could be like surf and be a good move

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I wonder if we will finally get to "see" our Pokemon whenever we use Surf. It sucked that we were constantly on a Wailmer even when you never had one.

Mokepon22

At least and HM to climb them hopefully could be like surf and be a good move

We don't need a HM to climb ledges, cliffs are a different story...if they return we'll just get back Rock Climb and then it probably be a regular TM like Gen V

Guys do you think there is a HM to swing on ropes like we saw in the trailer. That would be amazing !!!

Doubt that, Its more likely its a 'step right here and you automatically jump onto the vine and swing across'...notice the PC steps on he green circles on the floor and then land on them on the other side

scorpio66

I want them to bring back the vs seeker mobile phone feature from previous games, it was soo kl to be phoned up while travelling around and then head off to meet that trainer for a battle in game. I also think they could extend the xtransceiver feature to be an online tool, imagine how cool it would be to be able to see that your friend is online and see what they are up to on the game, being able to call them on the xtransceiver while roaming around on single player in diff locations, this would be immense. Other features I would like to see a return of are contests (which I much prefer to musicals), a safari zone type area, the ability to be interviewed and view your interviews on tv, pokeblock (which would work alongside competitions again, the return of secret bases and the ability to store your friends to battle with in your secret base when they visit it, this was one of my fav features of previous games, and just generally more post game content, a second region that becomes unlocked after completion would be extremely welcome!

scorpio66

I kinda wanna c 2-3 new types introduced in this gen to really shake things up a bit BUT I dont really know what other types they could create at this point?!

Ghoster23

Ghostly
I'd like that if it's really the case that they will have genetics in the plot, that there was a professor just like Fennel that would be researching genes and that created a machine that by analyzing the pokemons DNA could tells several things, for instance if a wurmple will evolve into a cascoon or a silcoon. I think that mechanics might have a lot of potential.

Thundercat2

Hmm since the 3ds has a built in pedometer maybe they'll bring back the "take your Pokemon on a walk" feature that was in HG/SS?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I have no doubt they'll be back, they're a good way to block off areas that they don't want you to go to easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.